Your Inner Circle

Twilight

Well I was going over the product list recently and noticed that DEMON is due, I think sometime near the end of the summer. This caused me to wonder, I've seen a lot of threads here about evil businessmen they'd like to be in VIPER's High Council and what not. Well I was wondering, who is in your version of DEMON'S Inner Circle?

Do you use the Classic Orginizations version?

Do you have a homebrewed version?

Or a nasty hybrid version?

Re: Your Inner Circle

My own version of the Inner Circle (or the High Circle as I called them) borrowed elements from a number of Champions books for 4E and earlier. There were five Morbanes of the High Circle, or "High Morbanes" as they were more commonly known, each controlling DEMON activities over one-fifth of the world - divided according to mystical rather than geopolitical importance. Each High Morbane had personally recruited and trained thirteen lesser Morbanes to be his agents and officers.

Each of the High Morbanes possessed powers like those of the lesser Morbanes (as per their writeups in Classic Organizations), but much more powerful, as well as unique abilities and a big Gadget Pool of mystic artifacts; afer all, all those items DEMON was always scrounging for had to end up somewhere. ;)

My High Circle was comprised of: Damon Harrington from Classic Organizations; Lord Thorne from Demons Rule; Gregory Kulik from Champions In 3-D; Hieronomous from Target Hero; and Rune from Enemies for Hire. Of course their original writeups were modified as I described above.

I liked the Inner Circle from Classic Organizations, but I went with a Circle of 13, simply because I like to make characters and 13 seemed a more occult number than 5

So

Damon Harrington

Rashanda

The Undead Knight

Babba Yagga

Black Rose

were all there

so were:

Madam Moonlight (a vampire I may have swiped from a Dark Champions Supplement, I cannot remember)

Thorne from Demons Rule

Etienne St Croix (french Necromancer)

Lord Soth (Shrouded demon)

Black Enchantress (Coreolis effect)

Brother Twilight (an african american monk to dark powers)

Pandrago (a dragon in human form who wanted to manipulate Demon to take out VIPER's Lady Dragon or whatever her name was)

Morgan LeFay

When I ran DEMON against my group, I kept it at the local level, so I never got quite far enough into it to set up my Inner Circle. I did plan on having Malice (Dark Malice), the villainous entity intruduced in the earliest Champions comics, take over part or all of DEMON eventually.

I altered Malice a bit though. She could do psychic surgery to alter people's minds, and give or take away mental powers. Since she's been around for awhile, she was behind the scenes in several origins of mentalists in my campaigns. Since amnesia is such a rare occurance in real life, if anyone said their PC had, I secretly arranged the cause to be Malice for some reason or other... she was quite the puppet-mistress, if you know what I mean. ;)

Mags

I've always left the Inner Circle of DEMON vague ... but if I were ever to use them in a long-running game, one of them would turn out to be a televangelist in his Secret ID. :)

(BTW, don't waste your time e-mailing me Chick tracts. I'm Christian, I just disagree with some of the theology used in televangelism.)

Damon Harrington

Rashanda

The Undead Knight

Babba Yagga

Black Rose

were all there

so were:

Madam Moonlight (a vampire I may have swiped from a Dark Champions Supplement, I cannot remember)

Thorne from Demons Rule

Etienne St Croix (french Necromancer)

Lord Soth (Shrouded demon)

Black Enchantress (Coreolis effect)

Brother Twilight (an african american monk to dark powers)

Pandrago (a dragon in human form who wanted to manipulate Demon to take out VIPER's Lady Dragon or whatever her name was)

Morgan LeFay

2 Blacks, 2 Nights (Twilight and Moonlight) - How come no one with solar powers is ever admitted?

For one campaign I ripped mine from a very real set of people:

The follow seven people are on the Board of Directors for 26 of the Fortune 100 companies listed in 2001.

Sam Nunn (Coca-Cola, General Electric, Texaco, Dell Computer)

Michael A Miles (Dell Computer, AMR, Sears Roebuck, Allstate, Morgan Stanley Dean Witter)

Carl E. Reichardt (PG&E Corp, McKesson HBOC, Ford Motor, ConAgra)

Franklin A Thomas (Citigtoup, Conoco, PepsiCo, Lucent Technologies, Alcoa)

Helene L. Kaplan (J.P. Morgan Chase, MetLife, Verizon Communications, Exxon-Mobil)

Donald V. Fites (Exxon-Mobil, Caterpillar, Georgia-Pacific, AT&T)

Donald F. McHenry (AT&T, International Paper, FleetBoston Financial, Coca-Cola)

They could be considered the seven most powerful people if one assumed they were all working together in some fashion.....

Make them evil supervillains for icing on the cake.

For one campaign I ripped mine from a very real set of people:

The follow seven people are on the Board of Directors for 26 of the Fortune 100 companies listed in 2001.

Sam Nunn (Coca-Cola, General Electric, Texaco, Dell Computer)

Michael A Miles (Dell Computer, AMR, Sears Roebuck, Allstate, Morgan Stanley Dean Witter)

Carl E. Reichardt (PG&E Corp, McKesson HBOC, Ford Motor, ConAgra)

Franklin A Thomas (Citigtoup, Conoco, PepsiCo, Lucent Technologies, Alcoa)

Helene L. Kaplan (J.P. Morgan Chase, MetLife, Verizon Communications, Exxon-Mobil)

Donald V. Fites (Exxon-Mobil, Caterpillar, Georgia-Pacific, AT&T)

Donald F. McHenry (AT&T, International Paper, FleetBoston Financial, Coca-Cola)

They could be considered the seven most powerful people if one assumed they were all working together in some fashion.....

Make them evil supervillains for icing on the cake.

Interesting idea ghost angel, intriguing in fact. However to me that makes more sense for VIPER's High Council as to my knowledge DEMON isn't interested in seqular power.

However if I ever get my game running, I'm definetly using that list as part of VIPER's High Council in my game. If you don't mind me using your idea of course.

I thought this was oriented towards mystic inner circles? Well, if not, I had an inner circle which used the Trilateral Commission as its front organization. I don't have the list of people handy, but they were 90% versions of real-world people. But within that was an "inner inner circle" comprised of just anywhere from 2-4 leaders at any given time. Towards the end of the prior campaign one of the PCs joined the inner circle at Dr. Fate's request.

Interesting idea ghost angel, intriguing in fact. However to me that makes more sense for VIPER's High Council as to my knowledge DEMON isn't interested in seqular power.

However if I ever get my game running, I'm definetly using that list as part of VIPER's High Council in my game. If you don't mind me using your idea of course.

By all means, borrow. I got the list from here: http://www.theyrule.net

And someone mentioned about this being more "mystical" or such .. just because I used real names from the real world doesn't mean they can't be something else like ancient mages/vampire/etc....... [though mine was for a cyberpunk campaign..]

By all means, borrow. I got the list from here: http://www.theyrule.net

And someone mentioned about this being more "mystical" or such .. just because I used real names from the real world doesn't mean they can't be something else like ancient mages/vampire/etc....... [though mine was for a cyberpunk campaign..]

True enough, I was just stating my own personal preference on the matter. Of course I prefer more silver age type stuff with only the minimum amount of doom and gloom neccesary for any particular situation. That of course increases around Halloween.

Anyways, there is no right way to do it, to each thier own.

:cheers::rockon:

I haven't given much thought to this problem until now, but my thoughts re: the 4e inner circle are that the Strahd von Zarovich ripoff, the wacky nature spirit, and the tacky voodoo queen have got to go.

Damon Harrington's concept is just fine, but his point writeup needs a serious debugging. Baba Yaga could stay, ditto w/ point debugging and a slightly different backstory.

To replace Mordekei the Undying as chief warlord for the Inner Circle, Baron D'Lear from 4e GENOCIDE would fill the role wonderfully. I have no idea how the heck he got lost and ended up in an organization for which he totally didn't fit genre. :)

I changed my DEMON alot from the 4th ed. I hated the armored agents from 3rd ed, was slightly mollified by the "front" agency in 4th and decided to make my own from the ground up.

Agents wore a "high tech" version of studded leather armor, simply better materials and modern manufacture. They weilded archaic weapons, crossbows, swords, etc.. These agents were simply the Acolytes. The Cultists (next level up the food chain) has minor magic abilities to go with their combat training. Then their were the Morbanes, magic using lieutenants for the organization. Then came the Third Circle; these were the supervillain equivalents. The Second Circle were also known as the High Morbanes; these guys were unique agents (the Morbanes were very similar in equipment, training, and abilities). The High Morbanes ran individual cells. They handled the local members of the Third Circle as well. Then the First Circle was the council of 13.

As I used them a few things began coming clear. The overall goal of Demon was the Corruption and conquest of Earth. The Council of 13 didn't trust each other, but were relatively good natured about it, each had spies everywhere.

Each also seemed to be beholden to a still more powerful entity. But the players never found any of the Secret Masters.

Mordekai and the Black Paladin had a respectful but heated rivalry and both started trying to recruit or train an order of knights. If only to compete with each other.

Damon Harrington had a LOT more enemies than he did friends.

To replace Mordekei the Undying as chief warlord for the Inner Circle' date=' Baron D'Lear from 4e GENOCIDE would fill the role wonderfully. I have no idea how the heck he got lost and ended up in an organization for which he totally didn't fit genre. :)[/quote']

If you could only salvage one character from The Mutant File, IMHO the Baron would be top choice. This character just screams to be one of the prime movers behind a major organization of almost any stripe - even a heroic one in some circumstances.

Didn't have an inner circle as such but the Pentacle (campaign equivalent) did. However these were died in the wool baddies who could take on the team or parts of the team on their own.

The Warlock

The Swampwitch later the Mindwitch then just the Witch

Warmaster (basically a character who was used to pay for the agents)

The Enchantress

The Mandrake

That was the first batch plus The Suit. Armour stolen from the government.

The Warlock had mystic blasts and was one of the team's most evil opponents. A guy willing to sacrifice around 100,000 people for power from the Devil certainly qualifies.

The Swampwitch was functionally blind and her TK was a huge Purple demon. First person with reflection. Ouch !

The Enchantress covered herself in Darkness then this demon made up of claws attacked. (Basically a nasty HKA. Very nasty)

The Mandrake was a plant and animated other plants.

Other members included Baron Bedlam, Sister Strange, Necropolis, Phantasm, Hellraiser, Vampirus, Master Spite and Count Karnak. Karnak was a vampire and was I think the only one put to death. Vampirus was a drainer.

Phantasm was an astral projection.

Master Spite was Arsenic. After being blown up by one of the heroes he sold out (so to speak) and came back for revenge. He got it. Blinding the Magician at one point, and killing the one who killed him.

Apart from attacking the heroes (the Protectors. no relation) and World Domination, they were after the Demoness (one of the Protectors. using Batman psychology to terrify the bad guys) who could do anything with magic. They were the ones who took part of her soul away in an attempt to get her evil. And keep her that way.

Pics of most of these are in the Superheroes thread.