The cranky thread

Hermit

Re: The cranky thread

My Podiatrist trimmed it back for me. There was some blood. I have been soaking it in epsom salts like he said to. If it comes back, I'll have to have that part of the root removed. I've had that done before. I'll wager even Labor Pains aren't as bad as Novicane injections into the nerves of your feet. :eek:

I have very, very thick toenails. Apparently they grew a protective coating in defense from my previous attacks with nail scissors. I have yet to dig out any ingrown nails without it involving blood and the sensation I'm stabbing myself with a stiletto, to the hilt.

I'd rather listen to my doctor.

I had one ingrown toe nail. It was after I got some frostbite and the nail wound up getting fluid under it. One doctor drilled nails in it to relieve pressure, little fountains came up. But the nail still came out. It came loose, but not enough so that I could just get it. Couldn't get an appt, so went to an ER and after a long time (it's not like I had a real emergency) a doctor started taking it off. She got called away due to something in someone's eye. No problem, I'll just lay here. I notice a nurse walking by and she's looking toward my foot with a bit of horror. Curious, I look at my toe, it's been merrily bleeding away all over the foot of the bed and floor.

(ramble ramble ramble)

So after that gets taken care of, my nail grows back, but ingrown. They laser the root. The doc says I'm fine to go back to work. I go back, put my foot up on a chair and start working. Until I notice my heel feeling wet. My foot was still a bit numb in the toe area, otherwise I may of noticed my shoe filling up with blood. :doi:

Home sick for the second day in a row. Losing money. :(

Sinus headache. Mildly annoying at all times, extremely annoying when standing and/or walking.

Harsh, hacking cough. Hurting my throat, hurts to talk or swallow.

Wife mad at me. Saturday evening plans ruined.

Considering collapsing on the couch so I can get buried under 40 pounds of cats and smothered.

Found yet another white hair today. I think it's my fifth.

My father's hair was all grey when he left the Air Force at I believe the age of 25. So I suppose it shouldn't surprise me, nor bother me. But it does.

At least it's not wrinkles, I suppose . . .

I don't know that I've seen any on my head. My beard has had some white hairs in it for quite some time. Heck, I've got a patch around 1/2" across on my left cheek that is pretty much all white. Had some sort of scar there, so now all the hair is white. Hard to tell on my head though, as I normally have pretty much all colours of hair on my head. From light blonde to black, and all (normal hair colour) shades in between. Predominately in the reddish brown range.

One of my brothers had grey hairs coming in before he graduated from HS as I recall. One Christmas my dad's wife asked me if I dyed my hair. :confused: If and when it goes grey, it will. *shrug*

Found yet another white hair today.

My hair is ash-blonde, so if I have any white hairs in there, they're pretty well hidden. My beard, on the other hand, is much darker, so the white hairs are quite visible. I will also sprout odd beard-hairs that are a coppery-red in color. Odd, that.

I COULD argue that, but my highlights show up as gold, not silver.

I just yanked the thing. Contrary to old wives' beliefs, two have yet to spring from that spot. Just one at a time, every once in a while.

I got the first one my freshman year of college.

Old wives tales may have a grain of truth in them, but it is generally burried very deep. There is nothing about plucking a hair that would make others in its vicinity turn grey. Probably comes from the fact that once your hair starts turning grey, it will likely continue to do so, and probably at an increasing rate.

I'm a Redhead and in that case your hair can either go brown or grey. Mine chose brown. Whew !

Well, in general, everyone's hair will eventually go grey. That is the colour hair is naturally if it has no pigment. And eventually the pigment production stops. Going from red to brown means that you likely had a combination of red and brown pigmentation, and the red is slowly stopping while the brown is continuing the good fight. :)

I'm cranky for OddHat. It is snowy here. The roads are icy. Rush-hour traffic is at a crawl. OddHat called tonight's 6:00 student and asked if he wanted class. He said yes. So out OddHat goes onto icy roads with an ice storm coming. A half-hour or more into the drive to Suburu where his Student works and has his class, the student calls OddHat's Cell and says Suburu is closing early due to the ice storm coming. So turn around and go home. He was almost there.

Wouldn't it have been nice if the Student informed OddHat of this before OddHat left when OddHat called him ?????? :mad: . Now OddHat must deal with the lousy traffic all the way back for no reason. :mad: He COULD HAVE stayed safely at home if his Student were more considerate. :mad:

I'm a brunette' date=' and these things keep showing up on the very top of my head. Pretty easy to notice.[/quote']

When people started pointing out my grey hair. (I'm at the point of having salt and pepper hair) I said, "People pay good money for highlights like these."

I'm cranky for OddHat. It is snowy here. The roads are icy. Rush-hour traffic is at a crawl. OddHat called tonight's 6:00 student and asked if he wanted class. He said yes. So out OddHat goes onto icy roads with an ice storm coming. A half-hour or more into the drive to Suburu where his Student works and has his class, the student calls OddHat's Cell and says Suburu is closing early due to the ice storm coming. So turn around and go home. He was almost there.

Wouldn't it have been nice if the Student informed OddHat of this before OddHat left when OddHat called him ?????? :mad: . Now OddHat must deal with the lousy traffic all the way back for no reason. :mad: He COULD HAVE stayed safely at home if his Student were more considerate. :mad:

Gah! I would have told Student, "Look, you miserable little snot-bag! The reason I called you earlier was specifically so I could *AVOID* driving out in the snow and ice for no reason! Since you screwed me over, you have 3 options: 1) meet me someplace else so we can have our class, 2) give me directions to YOUR HOME so we can do class, or 3) you get a nice big "F" for all the work we were supposed to do today.

Unfortunately, the work isn't graded. Also OddHat must accomodate these Students and be super-congenial so they sign up for more classes after the 20 or so lesson course. I think if a Student doesn't cancel BEFORE OddHat leaves to go to the lesson, he or she should still be charged for the lesson. But OddHat won't do that as he wants them to sign up again. Grrrr......

Let's see...It's Valentine's Day, and my wife is out of town. I've been sick for basically three weeks now and it seems to be getting worse not better. I got maybe three hours of sleep last night. I've used up all my sick leave over the past three weeks, so I'm having to burn vacation. (At least I'm getting paid.) I just got some flame mail from one of my oldest friends because I told him I wasn't interested in playing the LotR MMOG and he took that as some kind of personal insult. Oh and Genghis Con is this weekend; I'm supposed to be running 4 games, the first of which starts in (checks clock) 34 hours. Barring miracle healing, I may have to skip the con altogether.

Yeah. Morale is low.

Text processing is such a chore. Convert PDF to HTML. Convert

and

tags to line breaks. Strip remaining tags. Proof resulting copy. Paste into InDesign document and pray you can get the flow to work right.

Perl should be able to help with some of that. I hope you're doing some automation...

Let's see...It's Valentine's Day, and my wife is out of town. I've been sick for basically three weeks now and it seems to be getting worse not better. I got maybe three hours of sleep last night. I've used up all my sick leave over the past three weeks, so I'm having to burn vacation. (At least I'm getting paid.) I just got some flame mail from one of my oldest friends because I told him I wasn't interested in playing the LotR MMOG and he took that as some kind of personal insult. Oh and Genghis Con is this weekend; I'm supposed to be running 4 games, the first of which starts in (checks clock) 34 hours. Barring miracle healing, I may have to skip the con altogether.

Yeah. Morale is low.

#$#$

Hope things go better for you soon.

Perl should be able to help with some of that. I hope you're doing some automation...
I'm doing a lot of scripting with sed and awk. It's the regular expressions that are kicking my ass. That and having to account for context. Like, if the

tag immediately follows a period, then replace it with a line feed, but if not, then just a space, unless it follows a tag and then I need to insert two line feeds...Up till 1am helping the wife bake cookies. Kid woke up screaming at 5. God, this sucks.

I just yanked the thing. Contrary to old wives' beliefs, two have yet to spring from that spot. Just one at a time, every once in a while.

I got the first one my freshman year of college.

I recall distinctly when I first noticed grey hair. It was in the evening after a long-overdue haircut. Not one, but two platoons of 'em, one on each temple, in my last year of grad school.

I'm doing a lot of scripting with sed and awk. It's the regular expressions that are kicking my ass. That and having to account for context. Like' date=' if the

tag immediately follows a period, then replace it with a line feed, but if not, then just a space, unless it follows a tag and then I need to insert two line feeds...Up till 1am helping the wife bake cookies. Kid woke up screaming at 5. God, this sucks.[/quote']I was just going to say that sed and awk would be my personal choice for it. But then again, I don't know perl. :)