The cranky thread

Hermit

Re: The cranky thread

*sigh* ...and a quick check of the rental/housing market reminds me of why this same question keeps coming up, and why I keep staying: I can't afford to run two households, since I can barely afford to run one, even on my salary.

GOD I hate when one of my flimsy plastic plates falls on the drying heat bar of the dishwasher. ...

Corelle. Its biggest downside is that when it breaks (which happens more when it gets old, but that's 10+ years IME) it makes many many small pieces. Otherwise, does everything plastic does without the burny-stinky.

Is it too much to ask to be treated with some respect? Is it too much to ask to be allowed to have a little dignity? Evidently, yes, it is.

If it makes you feel any better: yesterday I got up at 5:45am to change and feed the kid, and did everything I could to keep him quiet so he wouldn't wake up the wife. She woke up at 6:30. By 6:40 I had been loudly told that I was lazy, selfish, and a bad father (these are exact words, by the way).

And people wonder why I am not a morning person.

What I am slowly figuring out is that my wife (bless her heart ;) ) has her mouth hooked up directly to her brain, almost like Tourette's. So I am constantly (constantly!) treated to a stream-of-consciousness play-by-play of the workings of her head. Which is fine when she's not angry. Really, if I were to emit the screamings of my inner voice, I'd probably offend... everyone.

What I am slowly figuring out is that my wife (bless her heart ;) ) has her mouth hooked up directly to her brain' date=' almost like Tourette's. So I am constantly (constantly!) treated to a stream-of-consciousness play-by-play of the workings of her head. Which is fine when she's not angry. Really, if I were to emit the screamings of [i']my[/i] inner voice, I'd probably offend... everyone.

How old is the kid now? My wife said (and I quietly agree) that part of her brain got relocated into the placenta, and it took a while to regenerate in its normal location. That "while" was a few months; I admit sleep deprivation (on both our parts) made it difficult to be sure of when she was back to full brainpower.

I SO know what you mean' date=' lemming. Being united is one thing, but being united against a common enemy is something else entirely.[/quote']

We tend to be pretty supportive of each other in any case.

At the Assisted Living place, the manager was getting some info from my mom. Jenn, my mom, myself. the manager were there. At one point the manager says something about how good it was for me to look around at all the different facilities before choosing one. (I did do a lot of research).

My mom's response was "I'm really surprised."

I walked over to Jenn and started massaging her shoulders, also to keep her from flying across the room at my mom.

*sigh* ...and a quick check of the rental/housing market reminds me of why this same question keeps coming up' date=' and why I keep staying: I can't afford to run two households, since I can barely afford to run one, even on my salary.[/quote']

Dude... I feel your pain. I stayed ion my marriage way longer than I should have because I had no idea where I'd live if I moved out. I was lucky that my best friend had a room to rent to me. However, in hindsight, I would have been better off having left sooner rather than later. If things are that bad, don't torture yourself any longer - find a way to make it work, and get out.

Unfortunately, the maths just don't work. I'd have to pay to maintain two households, and my salary doesn't stretch that far, particularly with the price of accomodation these days. House prices have tripled in the last few years and rents have risen with them, I can't even get a small unit in a bad area for less than I'm paying for my mortgage (and my wife doesn't earn much in her part-time job, so I pay for everything - house, gas, electricity, water, food, clothes, petrol).