The cranky thread

Hermit

Re: The cranky thread

I read this post yesterday and spent four hours surfing D-Day sites on the web.

Don't do that again Tim!

;)

:sneaky: YOu could have just watched "The Longest Day" and that would have answered your question easily. It is one of the code phrases used to indicate that the invasion is on.

Some people are just jerks. I had a heated argument with one idiot tonight on the way home.

My most recent encounter with a jerk/idiot was last night. I was pulling into my parking lot - some spaces are clear, some still have piles of snow/ice on them. The covered space for our place was open, as both other cars were parked elsewhere, so I was going to park in it. Only the jerk behind me did not let me back up, so I had to pull forward and turn around. I pulled into an empty-space so I could do a K-turn, and got stuck in the too-high-snow. So as I get out to push while my lady-friend drives, the jerkidot who wouldn't let me back up gets out of his truck and is lecturing me about what I need to do. "She's got 2-feet of snow over here! You're not getting anywhere by pushing or rocking. You'll need to get a shovel and dig your way out." I am doing my best to ignore this fellow flat-out, but he keeps going. Is he offering to actually help? Nope. He's just being a windbag. When I finally tell him, "Look. I appreciate that you're trying to help, but just leave me alone and let me handle this," he had the nerve to get mad at me! He was all like. "You know what? F--- you! I've lived in conditions like this for 55 years and I know what I'm talking about!" I mentioned that I grew up in NJ and was no stranger to snow and ice either, but he seemed unimpressed. I'm sure he said some more things before going away, but I put him back on ignore and resumed the task of getting the car unstuck.

I could have started an argument with him about how it was his damned fault I was stuck to begin with because he wouldn't let me back into my parking space - but nothing about him was even remotely worth the words or air such an argument would have required, nor was I even remotely interested in what he thought/felt about me. Truth be told, I think my ignoring him was what really cheezed him off. Somebody call the Whaaambulance.

Yeah, I did have to get a shovel and do some digging, but only to give the wheels more room to move back and fourth. The stuff we were stuck in was so solid, rocking the car and pushing hard were what got the car free.

So much for 55-years of experience. :rolleyes:

Idiot.

Damn, I think I'm hitting another library bug again. I hate it when you get a reference to a line number in a compiled file for which you don't have the source. These guys have had this kind of trouble before; last fall their version fibrillated over being able to deal with a mixed set of ints & floats. Looks like I've hit another condition they didn't test.

I keep telling you not to talk to yourself. ;)

:tonguewav

;)

My most recent encounter with a jerk/idiot was last night. I was pulling into my parking lot - some spaces are clear, some still have piles of snow/ice on them. The covered space for our place was open, as both other cars were parked elsewhere, so I was going to park in it. Only the jerk behind me did not let me back up, so I had to pull forward and turn around. I pulled into an empty-space so I could do a K-turn, and got stuck in the too-high-snow. So as I get out to push while my lady-friend drives, the jerkidot who wouldn't let me back up gets out of his truck and is lecturing me about what I need to do. "She's got 2-feet of snow over here! You're not getting anywhere by pushing or rocking. You'll need to get a shovel and dig your way out." I am doing my best to ignore this fellow flat-out, but he keeps going. Is he offering to actually help? Nope. He's just being a windbag. When I finally tell him, "Look. I appreciate that you're trying to help, but just leave me alone and let me handle this," he had the nerve to get mad at me! He was all like. "You know what? F--- you! I've lived in conditions like this for 55 years and I know what I'm talking about!" I mentioned that I grew up in NJ and was no stranger to snow and ice either, but he seemed unimpressed. I'm sure he said some more things before going away, but I put him back on ignore and resumed the task of getting the car unstuck.

I could have started an argument with him about how it was his damned fault I was stuck to begin with because he wouldn't let me back into my parking space - but nothing about him was even remotely worth the words or air such an argument would have required, nor was I even remotely interested in what he thought/felt about me. Truth be told, I think my ignoring him was what really cheezed him off. Somebody call the Whaaambulance.

Yeah, I did have to get a shovel and do some digging, but only to give the wheels more room to move back and fourth. The stuff we were stuck in was so solid, rocking the car and pushing hard were what got the car free.

So much for 55-years of experience. :rolleyes:

Idiot.

Well, I was already in a rotten mood that night. I was in no mood to let this @$$hat just shove me aside, so I shoved him back. Of course, angry words and threats were exchanged, but I think it was mostly posturing. I was confident I could beat him, but I decided not to spend the night in jail.

Turns out a couple of friends also had similar encounters recently.

Well' date=' the friend I'm subscribing with is so disillusioned with Marvel's Civil War results and the effects it will have on the comics we get that she's thinking of dumping them.[/quote']

At the gaming store every saturday, Nathan picks up his comics, and I leaf through them waiting for my wife to start the game.

I don't think there's enough curse words in the universe to cover my opinions of that series.

First time I've looked at comics in 10 years. And this is my first exposure.

I'm going back under my rock.

D

Grr. No, I'm not hitting a library bug. I've been bitten by the Curse of Time. IOW, I froze on a library which is no longer supported. It's just like a library bug, but now it's my fault.

Mostly, it's my fault I didn't track down the library developer and put a bullet in his brain before he got seduced by some Shiny New Thing.

EDIT:

It seems somehow appropriate to have this on (by the default reading scheme) Page 404.