Campaigns that you miss...

fbdaury

I really miss the old fuzio champs game that started off my experiences in role playing with Michael Nenonen. OK, fuzions sucks, but the system was easy enough that he could get some really cool players that might not hve gotten into champs and the game itself was... inspired and inspiriing.

We played teen heroes and the elements that he manages to mix together were insane- flying clockwork crocodiles; killer ex-d bugs; werewolves, zombies, and vampires oh my :fear: ; the junior Marxmen; the Steel proletariat; an noest-to-goodness daikaiju battle starring Ghidorah; Andrew Llyod Weber's Apocalypse Now starring Meatloaf as Kurtz!; Meatloaf killing a man with an electric guitar :rockon:; my character learning to see through his lungs(ouch!); sick tk tricks for the twisited bastard; and the creepiest orgin story EVER for a super hero. God I miss that game- Hairtrigger was so much fun, although probably not as much fun as Dr. Zeus.

Re: Campaigns that you miss...

I miss many of the campaigns I played back when I was younger ... we had a great group and cycled through most of the superhero games :) I think that, besides that one, I miss the old d6 Star Wars game I used to run ... quite fun. On the positive side, I have a great group now :thumbup:

L Douglas Garrett is better known for his FH campaigns (also authored Danger International) but I really miss a star hero campaign he put together around three mismatched PCs after watching the original BubbleGum Crisis series.

The SuperBattleSuit Palomino campaign started us out without any sort of Battlesuits, super or not. We had to earn them. Also fighting the boomers without any sort of battlesuits helped us to appreciate even the surplus suits all the more.

I miss my old charleston champions Campaign. a great group and great characters the synergy between them was great as was some of the arguements. Ladene the lupinoid scientist, Stone the true brick, Jester the acrobat magnetic mutant, to Scalp Hunter the Powered Armor Guy all together a unique combo group and a wnderful blending of stories. The campaign lasted about 4 years.

Can I say all of them. I enjoy the couple I'm in right now, but I miss Sam's games a lot.

The Protector's series of games that covered 15 years with 2-6 GMs.

His Rolehammer campaign that got ended when he got tired of it (and some of the PCs ;) ), but we were right at cliff hanger.

The Legion game.

Arduin Hero was another great experiment that worked.

Bob's Viking campaign was a great story over 10 years.

Bob's Liberator game, set in a Bladerunner/Dreadstar like universe.

Had a short-lived heroic level campaign that was a lot of fun; more guns n' blowing stuff up (although those PCs ultimately got absorbed into the regular campaign).

Also had what ended up being a comic D&D campaign about an unfortunate barbarian named Zark; he's the one who tried to stare down the basilisk. We lost count of how many times Zark got killed. His luck and personality were good for laughs every session!

I some of the great campaigns we had in college. There was the first Champs campaign I was ever in ("I'm thinking a cross between Nightcrawler and Darkstar ... can I do that?"). Also, we had a great D&D campaign that ran for about three and a half-years and produced my favorite character ever - Ian the CN elven fighter/thief. Never make the chaotic neutral charcter the group leader.

Many of the games I've been in recently have been too short for me to really miss them. I am sad they never reached their full potential, but either the time wasn't right, or the GM decided he wasn't happy with it and pulled the plug (yes, Elias, I'm talking about you...)

I'm not much for GMing normally, but I do sort of miss gaming in my regular fantasy world (it's been kicking in one form or another since 1986)

Its not so much a campaign I miss, as a campaign idea. It only lasted one session, but the game was more the brighter 4-color feel. Unforuntaly some difficulties caused the game to go under and we started another campaign with a much darker feel. I don't really like the current campaign, but stick with it because I enjoy the group. I'll see how the campaign shapes up and if it still doesn't capture my interest then maybe push for a switch to a more 4-color campaign. Another person in the group has been catching up on JSA trades and getting some inspiration from there so perhaps we can get into that a bit more.

I miss the D&D adventure spanning 10+ years that pretty much set the standard for all my gaming needs thus far. It was such an involved campaign that was well into it's fifth year game-time, and had everything you could want: armies, dragons, demons, magic up the wazoo, gods allying and betraying, political intrigue, good ol' hack'n'slash, romance, children born out of wedlock...

...man, what fun.

My second choice would be on the first PBEMs I ever joined, Ed Jackson's "Shadow Watch" game. I had so much fun with it for so long, and I learned a LOT about roleplaying via the 'net from him and the other players.

One of our original FtF Champions games was very cool, too. We were the Defenders way back when, and my character PowerStar was a total Captain Marvel ripoff, but man did we have some fun.

Lastly, a short-lived sci-fi adventure about a disowned military cadre entitled "Darkstar 6" (I think...). A bit of good ol' fashioned space opera, Babylon 5 and Space:Above and Beyond. Good fun.

There are others, but I mostly miss the characters I played, not the games themselves.

We had a DnD campaign in college that was great. It was supposed to last one evening, but went on for an entire semester plus. It was the most fun we've ever had in an ongoing game.

Funny thing, it was made to be a classic dungeon delving adventure, no character kits, basic classes...these simple starts created the most fantastically developed characters I've ever seen in a game. They evolved naturally and it was wonderful to see happen.

Yeh, I gotta also say: Very nearly every darn one of them!

• D&D Campaign where my Barbarian was on a Conan-esque quest for vengeance against Iuz, the god who caused the death of her tribe!
  • Call of Cthulhu, because my original GM really, really knew his mythos, and my character was fun, dark, and a little crazy without the Cthulhu Mythose knowledge.
  • Mechwarrior campaign where I was always getting my mech kicked, but it was fun trying anyway.
  • Corporate Carwars, where I ran "Creative Anarchy Toys, Inc."
  • Superworld Campaign where Anthem was born. The character played well to the setting.
  • Villains & Vigilantes. I can't even tell you what character I played; I just had fun doing it, fighting the Destroyers.
  • Superhero 2044, where I played an ran the game; Bad mechanics, but I enjoyed Exile and his telescoping morningstar of ever-reaching doom!
  • Runequest, just because I love both the setting and mechanics.
  • A pre-Hunter: The Reckoning game where we were humans in the World o' Darkness. I played a sniper modeled on the religious sniper from Saving Private Ryan, who, during a fight coincidentally shot a Werewolf at the same moment that he was felled by other means; He decided his gun was magic, having newly developed an insanity during that combat. He called it by a girl's name and talked to it.

There are more I'm forgetting. But these immediately make me nostalgic.

Easy one for me. The "Fourth Emergence", where (for either the second or third time, depending on how you count one of them*) we ran a campaign that started with the arrival of super-powers into the campaign world.

Things were going well until, on the night of the fourth session (might be fifth, I don't trust the old memory) one of the players brought in this little card game he'd heard of and we agreed to play a round of it before the session. That night's session ended up getting postponed, then postponed again...

The "little card game" is one you might have heard of -- Magic The Gathering. It was nearly five years before we had another RPG session.

*Explanation: the "Third Emergence" was a literary project on my part; someday I'll get around to writing the 7th and concluding chapter. The "First Emergence" was in GURPS, which we quit using on the third session or so and restarted under HERO (known as the "Second Emergence" despite really being the same campaign.

Easy one for me. The "Fourth Emergence"' date=' where ([i']for either the second or third time, depending on how you count one of them[/i]*) we ran a campaign that started with the arrival of super-powers into the campaign world.

Things were going well until, on the night of the fourth session (might be fifth, I don't trust the old memory) one of the players brought in this little card game he'd heard of and we agreed to play a round of it before the session. That night's session ended up getting postponed, then postponed again...

The "little card game" is one you might have heard of -- Magic The Gathering. It was nearly five years before we had another RPG session.

*Explanation: the "Third Emergence" was a literary project on my part; someday I'll get around to writing the 7th and concluding chapter. The "First Emergence" was in GURPS, which we quit using on the third session or so and restarted under HERO (known as the "Second Emergence" despite really being the same campaign.

I miss most of them. We had a great series going when I lived in South Carolina and somebody else was just starting a game when I left. We had a series of relatively short-lived campaigns that were each pretty cool when I lived in Boston, and back then we did a lot more one-shots with different systems, and I miss doing those. These days with everyone being busy it's hard for people to spend time on new systems. I really miss the Boot Hill campaign though we did beat that into the ground, and the characters started settling down at the end (becoming land-owners after having been lawless killers - hey even senseless violence gets tiring after a while!).

I miss the first PBeM that I ever did. It was called Omega Justice and had a huge cast. There were some fantastic characters in the line-up and everyone seemed to be on the ball. The game fell over when the GM decided he'd had enough (a hugely reasonable decision after running a few of my own!).

Deejay - who collated a huge number of Hero based write ups - played in the campaign and several of the characters are listed on his site (now hosted by Shelley).

http://www.mactyre.net/scm/deejay/champs/teams/omega_justice.html

Doc