A Hero Shopping List

yamamura

We all want to buy a lot of Hero swag but reality doesn’t always let us. After all between real life rearing its ugly head (car problems, medical and so on) to other hobbies other then Roleplaying (Anime/Manga for instance), we don’t always have the cash to get what we want. So I was looking through the upcoming year and next and have decided on the books I want to get and the ones I would pick up if I have a little extra money. So I was wondering what other people’s list would look like. So to start things off, here is mine……..

Galactic Champions

Fantasy Hero Grimoire II: The Book of Lost Magic

Dark Champions

The HERO System 5th Edition, Revised

The Ultimate Mystic

The Ultimate Metamorph

The Underworld Sourcebook

Everyman

Champions Worldwide

Enchanted Items

The Ultimate Speedster

The Ultimate Mentalist

Pulp Hero

The Asian Bestiary

Astounding Hero Tales

And if I have extra cash option…………

The Valdorian Age

Teen Champions

Golden Age Champions

G

Oops meant to post this in Hero Discussion and not here :(

Re: A Hero Shopping List

We all want to buy a lot of Hero swag but reality doesn’t always let us. After all between real life rearing its ugly head (car problems, medical and so on) to other hobbies other then Roleplaying (Anime/Manga for instance), we don’t always have the cash to get what we want. So I was looking through the upcoming year and next and have decided on the books I want to get and the ones I would pick up if I have a little extra money. So I was wondering what other people’s list would look like. So to start things off, here is mine……..

Galactic Champions

Fantasy Hero Grimoire II: The Book of Lost Magic

Dark Champions

The HERO System 5th Edition, Revised

The Ultimate Mystic

The Ultimate Metamorph

Everyman

Champions Worldwide

Enchanted Items

The Ultimate Speedster

The Ultimate Mentalist

Pulp Hero

The Asian Bestiary

Astounding Hero Tales

And if I have extra cash option…………

The Valdorian Age

Teen Champions

Golden Age Champions

G

Oops meant to post this in Hero Discussion and not here :(

Must buys for me:

Galactic Champions

All the Ultimate books

Champions Worldwide

The two new villain books

Demon

Maybes:

Teen Champions

Dark Champions

Hero Revised

The rest is entirely optional to me depending on available factors.

Rob

For sures:

Galactic Champions

Fantasy Hero Battlegrounds

The Mystic World

Dark Champions

Arcane Adversaries

DEMON

Vibora Bay

Hudson City

Villainy Amok

The Valdorian Age

Teen Champions

Hidden Lands

Dark Champions Battlegrounds

Predators

Nobles, Knights, And Necromancers

Dark Champions: The Animated Series

Champions Worldwide

Villains, Vandals, And Vermin

Enchanted Items

The Ultimate Speedster

Masterminds And Madmen

Basicly, I am planing on getting ALL the books HERO is curently publishing. Why? Because I AM planing on writing for them. The only thing I am going to lake is Digital Hero and any of the online only books (it sucks not haveing a credit card).

Steriaca.

Basicly' date=' I am planing on getting ALL the books HERO is curently publishing. Why? Because I AM planing on writing for them. The only thing I am going to lake is Digital Hero and any of the online only books (it sucks not haveing a credit card).[/quote']

You can send them a check and they can get you set up that way if you are wanting those products.

You can send them a check and they can get you set up that way if you are wanting those products.

Check? Last time I wrote a check, I acualy had a checking acount. And there is a reasion I don't have one anymore. Can I just give them a Mony Order instead?

Yes' date=' we can accept money orders. Check with Ben Seeman (benseeman@herogames.com) about it.[/quote']

Thanks, I will (eventuly...I have to find the right time in my life when I will not miss a $30 for a Digital Hero subscription, and then put masave cash on my Kinko's card to print them out).

And wish me luck. I'm working on a artical about Mental Martial Arts for DH.

Generally, I like to purchase Genre Books (such as Champions or Ninja Hero), then books that are applicable to many settings (such as Beastiary or TUV), and then books that apply to only one setting (Turakian Age or Spacer's Toolkit). And I will continue that pattern. So, when I get back, I'll get Sidekick and The Ultimate Brick and the Ultimate Vehicle Sourcebook, then I'll get Alien Wars and Turakian Age.

Ranking my priorities, at least when I get incoming cash flow again ;) 5 is high, 1 is low

• Galactic Champions - 4.
  • Fantasy Hero Grimoire II: The Book of Lost Magic - 2 (will need to buy the first one first)
  • Dark Champions - 3
  • The HERO System 5th Edition, Revised -- 1. I have 2 copies of FREd, but I figure I'll need one eventually.
  • The Ultimate Mystic - 4.
  • The Ultimate Metamorph - 4, although I half expect the local metamorph player to buy this for me :D
  • The Underworld Sourcebook - Debatable. Need to learn more about it.
  • Everyman - 5.
  • Champions Worldwide - 5.
  • Enchanted Items - 2 (cf Grimoire 2)
  • The Ultimate Speedster - 3. Unlike mystic and metamorph, I don't have a pure speedster PC in my campaign.
  • The Ultimate Mentalist - 5, because I'm a psionics fanboi.
  • Pulp Hero -- 5, because I'm a psionics fanboi.
  • The Asian Bestiary - 3.
  • Astounding Hero Tales - Debatable, need more info
  • The Valdorian Age - 1, I have my own fantasy world to develop when I get the time.
  • Teen Champions - 2. When I polled the local group about what genres they'd like to try next, this came in next-to-last place (ahead of only Horror).
  • Golden Age Champions - undecided. I'm a bigger GA fan than my players and my superheroic campaign doesn't have supers that far back, so it would probably be a "shelfer"

Unfortunately, all the above come in behind some "back purchases", most notably FG1, UNTIL, VIPER, and HD2.

Hmmm...I keep toying with the idea of collecting all the new 5th-related stuff but here's my more-realistic list:

high priority (in order):

1 - HERO 5th Revised

2 - Underworld Sourcebook

3 - Dark Champions Battlegrounds

4 - Mystic Worlds

5 - Ultimate Metamorph

6 - Ultimate Mystic

7 - Ultimate Mentalist

8 - Champions Worldwide

9 - Golden Age Champions

10 - Pulp HERO

11 - Ultimate Brick

12 - Everyman

13 - Galactic Champions

14 - Ultimate Speedster

15 - Dark Champions: The Animated Series

16 - Worlds of Empire

17 - Dark Champions

18 - Villainy Amok

19 - Hidden Lands

20 - Asian Bestiary

21 - Enchanted Items

possible:

Vehicle Sourcebook (though I'm embarrassed to admit I may have bought this, can't remember now, and am at work)

Fantasy HERO Grimoire II

Vibora Bay

Alien Wars

Teen Champions

Astounding HERO Tales

Masterminds and Madmen

unlikely/very unlikely:

Turakian Age

Reality Storm

Fantasy HERO Battlegrounds

DEMON

Arcane Adversaries

Hudson City

Valdorian Age

Millennium City

VIPER

Monsters, Minions, and Marauders

UNTIL

Champions Universe

Conquerors, Killers, and Crooks

Predators

Nobles, Knights, and Necromancers

Villains, Vandals, and Vermin!

Scourges of the Galaxy

However, as to books that aren't so likely, there's an excellent chance I'll get any HD packs and in many cases have already done so.

what I've gotten already (I could be missing something here, I've bought quite a few lately and haven't read them all):

HERO System 5th Edition

Serpent's Tooth

Sidekick

Gadgets and Gears

Fantasy HERO Grimoire

Ultimate Vehicle

Terran Empire

UNTIL Superpowers DB

Spacer's Toolkit

Champions Battlegrounds

Fantasy HERO

Shades of Black

HERO System Resource Kit

HERO System Bestiary

Champions

Ninja HERO

Ultimate Martial Artist

Here is what I own in 5th Edition:

HERO System 5th Edition

HERO System Bestiary

Ultimate Martial Artist

Ultimate Vehicle

HERO System Vehicle Sourcebook

Ultimate Brick

Champions

Champions Universe

Conquerors, Killers & Crooks

UNTIL Superpowers Database

Gadgets And Gear

Star Hero

Terran Empire

Ninja Hero (gee... I wonder why? :nya: )

Fantasy Hero

Fantasy Hero Grimore

Monsters, Minions & Marauders

As I write for HERO (mostly Digital Hero, but I'd like to do more paper books), my purchases are genre books, "stuff" books, and any Ultimate books. Things like the Bestiary and Vehicle books are good for ideas on how to design creates and vehicles. Gadget for equipment, and the Grimore and UNTIL Dbase for powers and the like. Thus, I will try and get any Ultimate book that is put out, as well as Dark Champions, Pulp Hero, and so on. Collections of gear, gadgets, spells, monsters, and characters may be picked up depending on things like cash and content of the book. Settings books are very low on my list, unless they contain useful stuff for future writing projects (see Terran Empire for that).

Oh, and you'll want to get The Asian Bestiary. Trust me. Especially if you ever run anything that takes place in the far East. The book (IMO) can be used with Fantasy Hero, Ninja Hero, Pulp Hero, Champions... just to name a few.

Great! After seeing the cover of Fantasy Hero Battlefields (great cover), I now have to add this book to the list.:mad: Why don't I just have my paychecks desposited into Hero account and save us all some effort;) Anyway all sarcasm aside, I will definitely be getting this book too.

G

I gotta say that I'll probably buy everything they publish. I'm a sucker that way, and I wanna do my part in ensuring they stick around for another 20 years.

As a side note, I'm currently awaiting delivery of the near-legendary "Strike Force", won just the other day on eBay for a paltry $26 + s/h. I've never seen it, but after almost two years of hype on these boards it seemed a must-have.

I gotta say that I'll probably buy everything they publish. I'm a sucker that way, and I wanna do my part in ensuring they stick around for another 20 years.

We definitely appreciate the sentiment! :hex: And you've definitely struck upon the best tactic for that goal. ;)