I need a strong woman that flies.

Dust Raven

Preferably Asian.

One of my players is having difficulty visualizing what a super strong flier can do (or, at least she's having difficulty describing it to everyone else).

What I'm looking for is a list of films I can rent featuring super strong characters, preferably women (but not necessary) and who can fly (also not necessary). I kinda want to leave the various Superman films out if this, because her character doesn't have the DEX/SPD of Supes or any of his other powers (x-ray vision, heat vision, etc.).

So what should I be looking for?

Thx!

Re: I need a strong woman that flies.

Rogue in the X-Men cartoons

I don't know if you can rent those...

Wonder Woman (TV show or comics)

Justice League DVD (Batman cartoon-style movie)

Has Wonder Woman in it and other fliers.

I'm not a fan of anime, but there are quite a few anime movies to choose from which have flying chicks. I'm sure someone else will help you out with that one.

Mags

There is also Maris the Chojo the Super Gal from Rumiko Takahashi (though might be a hard one to find), M-66 from Shirow (Yes I know they are villain but they are super strong), Kiddy Phenil (check het out at Surbrook's site), and Ryoko from Tenchi Muyo! (also on Surbrook's site). Those are just some of the characters I can think of off the top of my head.

G

Why don't you check out a few superhero comics?

What he said.

Failing that, Wonder Woman is good. Or, if you want a more limited example, Wonder Girl, aka Troia.

My current test group includes: Robin, Wonder Girl and Kid Flash.

Robin shouts: "Kid Flash!.."

Kid Flash and Wonder Girl shout:"We know... protect innocents!"

Robin shouts: "Wonder Girl!..."

Kid Flash and Wonder Girl shout: "We know... kick a**!"

Kid Flash and Wonder Girl shout: "Robin... do something useful, for once in your mangy life!"

OK, there's a story there, but, there ya go.

I'm testing scenarios.

There is also Maris the Chojo the Super Gal from Rumiko Takahashi (though might be a hard one to find)

I missed...

who is she?

M-66 from Shirow (Yes I know they are villain but they are super strong)
If you quote shirow, you cannot forgot Motoko Kusanagi from Ghost in the Shell (manga and film) and Deunan Nut from Appleseed (again, manga and film)

niether are "super", nor fly, but are strong woman :)

and Motoko can high jump and melee against a tank (a 6 legged tank with powerful Machine Guns, and more...)

Guest milton febles

Warbird,Firestar and the Wasp of the Avengers. Rouge and Storm from the X-men. Hawkgirl of the justice league. i did'nt count wonder woman as a flier though, did'nt she have an invisible jet or something. :confused:

warbird, rogue and hawkgirl would work but most of the rest are energy blasters first and for most.

There are very few flying female bricks who aren't energy blasters the marvel girls would work too. and wonder woman is a flyer she just doesn't have super speed ( as far as I know).

she tends to use the jet for long distances as its faster and lets face it keeps the rain off and has some where you can put your lunch.given the choice I would too.

Preferably Asian.

One of my players is having difficulty visualizing what a super strong flier can do (or, at least she's having difficulty describing it to everyone else).

What I'm looking for is a list of films I can rent featuring super strong characters, preferably women (but not necessary) and who can fly (also not necessary). I kinda want to leave the various Superman films out if this, because her character doesn't have the DEX/SPD of Supes or any of his other powers (x-ray vision, heat vision, etc.).

So what should I be looking for?

Thx!

Okay if you want strong women I suggest you go to Hong Kong movies. They have had a tradtion of putting women in strong kick butt roles. For flying and special effects I suggest going with Zu Warriors. Michelle Yeoh in Wing Chun is also very good, although she does not fly in that movie but she has conflict with everyone because she is a strong woman and they want her to be more demure. As for anime check out Tenchi. One of the main characters named Ryoko is a complete bad ass. She can fly, teleport, is superstrong, and has a few energy powers. The more I think about it Tenchi is a good choice. It is set in current times and has all types of superpowers and aliens running around, plus it is funny to boot. El Hazard could work but only after the introduction of Ifurita in the fourth episode.Kiddy Grade although not the best anime has a superstrong female lead character

Guest milton febles

From CKC- Zephyr. Not a brick but her own power of flight should give some ideas. Dust Raven, does the player fly due to mutation(gravitics, thermo-chemical reactions-cannonball,jetstream of the helions, wings-angel) or techical( flight suit). one of my players from my 4th. edtion Avengers campaign had a hero who can fly at high speeds but he to wear goggles and a special suit to stop him from burning up from the friction. he also had a sort of oxygen mask because at the speed he was flying, there was no breathable air.

P.S.- Jet Boy was expelled from the Avengers for one sonic boom too many in downtown manhattan, though the fact that 3500 irate car owners signed a petition to make him stop triggering car alarms may something with it also.

From anime:

Iczer Reborn

Yes, Iczer-3 does have energy blasts, but she tends to use her swords in a fight more. And her big attack is a flying elbow rush. called Iczer Bomb.

I'm not sure how well aerial swordfights would work for you

Cat Girl Nuku Nuku is super-strong, but she can't fly. However there was one episode where she had to fight a mecha underwater. Swimming can count as flying through a liquid medium.

Mink from Dragon Half is a (well, duh) half-dragon girl with superstrength and flight (tiny wings).

The bunnygirl from the Daicon IV anime (I call her Twilight) has superstrength and flight, although it's by surfing on a flying sword.

Did you see 'Matrix 3?' Yeah' date=' it was a bit of a letdown, but the IMHO the end fight was a really good example of flying bricks. (%)[/quote']Oh yeah this is true

besides, nothing new, if you'v seen any Dragon Ball Z episodes... ;) 8)

From CKC- Zephyr. Not a brick but her own power of flight should give some ideas. Dust Raven' date=' does the player fly due to mutation(gravitics, thermo-chemical reactions-cannonball,jetstream of the helions, wings-angel) or techical( flight suit).[/quote']

She a mutant with 60 STR, 30 DEF and a Flight Multipower (with 20" combat, 10" MegaScale and 20" Swimming for underwarter maneuvers). Her superefficient mutant physiology makes it so she's effectively always pushing her Powers to the max (everything is bought 0 END). But she does have a spiffy radio she bought as a futuristic Spy Headquarters.

Thanks for the ideas everyone! I'm not sure how much of this I can fine (comics are easy, but I want film; player wants to see something in motion).

Flying Brick? Other than Superman?

In a movie?

Did you see 'Matrix 3?' Yeah, it was a bit of a letdown, but the IMHO the end fight was a really good example of flying bricks. (%)

The Return of Captain Invincible(movie)

Greateste American Hero(TV series)

The Adventures of Captain Marvel(B&W Saturday morning movie serial)

The various Shazam! cartoons

Supergirl

dude,

Power Puff Girls.

'nuff said.

Am I the only one who would like to see an anime version of the PPG? Not that I think it would be "better" or anything - I'd just love to see them in about eight or nine years, in a more teenaged form, and the anime medium would allow for more... subtle... power uses.

Not that I don't love the show as it is, but hey, I can dream.

Am I the only one who would like to see an anime version of the PPG? Not that I think it would be "better" or anything - I'd just love to see them in about eight or nine years, in a more teenaged form, and the anime medium would allow for more... subtle... power uses.

Not that I don't love the show as it is, but hey, I can dream.

Seeing as the current PPG cartoons are anime inspired to say the least, especially when you consider the PPGs are almost SD.

Anime isn't really a "medium" either, not as it's commonly thought of .. seeing as the PPGs are already Animated they are, techincally, "Anime". "Anime" is simply Japanese for Animated.

As for seeing the PPGs in a more Japanese style, especially teen-versiosn ... eh, it'd kind of ruin the idea behind the show to be honest.