WWYCD? #80: Future Hope or Hellspawn?

SKJAM!

Re: WWYCD? #80: Future Hope or Hellspawn?

Hmm, why not. I don't answer too many of these, but this looks like fun.

Gallant, my speed-brick with a truckload of exotic defenses and an evil twin brother:

Mutters to himself, "...and of course, nether of the two precogs on the team saw this coming..." Sighing, "All right. Which of you is actually Aaron's kid? This would be just like him."

Thunderbolt, unaging mystic and weather elemental:

"OK, now while I dig out my divining tools, tell me just one more thing. Am I still married to your mother in whichever timelines you're from or am I up to an even dozen failed marriages so far?"

Doremo, my ch'i adept martial artist:

"Fine, fine. You're my kids, the auras make that obvious enough. Now tell me

why I should believe Con-El hasn't curbstomped either of you in about two seconds flat?"

~a few seconds and a horrible thought later~

Doremo jabs a finger towards his 'daughter'. "Just tell me that you have never, I mean NEVER, even considered dating Jon-El!"

Kid Dynamo, superhuman android with the physical body of a 10-year old boy:

"B-but I'm still in grade school! Assuming I can even have kids, Dad doesn't even let me watch Cinemax. No way is he going to let me start dating!"

Atlas,descended from his namesake the Greek titan and strongest man in the world:

intial response-"Naoko Takeuchi, This is all your fault!"

after calming down and trying to think this out carefully, as the two teens demonstrate how much like Dad they are with a fistfight. "Um... Yeah... Well... I'm stumped. Maybe one of the smarter guys can sort this out. In the meantime, the next one of you two to throw a punch gets a suborbital time-out!"

The Mask of Justice: As a Golden Age character, would be most disturbed by the implication that at least one of these people is the result of extramarital sex. His primary concern will be keeping both prospective mothers safe from their supposed offspring.

Rock Bottom: "Thunderfist left *me* his kid(s)? Things must have been really desperate." He'll point out that by coming back and interacting with the past, both alleged children have already prevented the futures they come to protect....

Calculus: Would tend to believe the daughter, simply because he's already married to her mother.

Kira Midori: "I never leave this primitive backwards century? Nooo!" Her precog should let her know when one of the kids is about to break cover.

Talion: "You're telling me that Gorgeous Gal not only has voluntary sex with me, but is willing to bear my child? Hahahahahah! What a kidder! And *you're* claiming that Bad Girl has the hots for me? This is some kind of putup job, isn't it?" Of course, if both kids have some version of Talion's powers, any fight between them is going to be extremely painful to watch....

Well badger let's see.

He has no luck with women, and even if he did find a woman....well he considers it to be a dishonor to the woman to have premarital sex. (It is his alien father's society ideals, though his mother was a devout Catholic)

Badger: Ok, let's see here you are saying that despite the fact that I am dating no one right now. That I will meet some woman who actually likes me get married and conceive a child in one month (looks at other child) Oh wait! i will meet 2 women who actually like me who will both marry me and will both have a child with me. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Now get the hell out of here before I beat your @$$ (i didnt say he was an actively pacticing Catholic :) )

Oh wait! i will meet 2 women who actually like me who will both marry me and will both have a child with me.

"Well, not in the same timeline, Dad. In the *good* timeline, it's just my Mom, and you stay faithful to her."

"No, it's my Mommy! His mother is a complete slut!"

Doesn't want to think too closely into the plausibility of this, since Nova is *already* a time-displaced survivor from an alternate future timeline...

However, he would probably go on the lines of "well, kids, since I have no reliable way of checking your histories, you are both going to enjoy a extended vacation to early 21st Century and stay with me till I can test both of your true characters in the field. I'm so glad to know both of you, though. Tell me again, who are your Moms ?"

Well I don't think I'm included in this but in case I am' date=' for me the Tesserect comment was in jest. And the High Pressure Water is an EB, so there's no permanent harm. Just knock the bad one out so she can be stopped from attacking the good one's mother.[/quote']

Yeah, but you just know its Tesseract's kid who's going to be the good one.

• 4 years later...

Zero
: Wait, which of you has Psilance as a mother? So she comes out of her coma? That's good news! How did I do it? Um.. she
did
come out of her coma, didn't she?
:idjit:

Er, and who was your mother? Who? I've never heard of her! Is she from one of the parallels? Did we get married there? Did my mother die horribly beforehand? Um, why are even trying to kill each others time line? It won't work, the parallels keep spawning anyway. At least, I think they do
*checks the D-Jump's*
instruction manual.

Right. You. Stop harassing your sister. Stop smiling. Same goes for you.

Then he goes off to buy a packet of condoms, which would be an adventure in itself

Vitus' reaction would be a bit different. Biological offspring is unlikely, unless he manages to find some gnolls, or his research into cloning pays off. Adoption isn't totally implausible, altho his last adoptive son was beheaded by Scorpia.

"So you're saying that my daughter here is a multidimensional tyrant by the age of what... 19? Good work girl! Make your father proud! I hope you've got a loyal bureaucracy under you, and a power structure that will survive you."

"On the other hand, you're claiming you've made some powerful enemies. I have to admit you take after your obstensible father in that regard too.
*turns back to 'son'*
You're not making a very good case for yourself here, boy. I don't suppose either of you brought back any infomation
I
can use?"

Huh, I should totally poke meta to post Hermes reply to this. But for Artemis...

Okay, Artemis's and Telemachus's daughter being a conqueror would not surprise, though Artemis would not like the time travel part at all. Of course, she's also as likely to take Artemis's caring for others if she was raised by her.

Of course, if we're going with less likely parents, especially given Artemis's adoptive mother has already spoken of setting up a suitor's party for her...hmm, I'll have to ask the group, any of the five I can think of would shock the hell out of the group.

Of course, Artemis's reaction to this is shaking her head, cuffing them both when they start to fight, and a look to Hermes to work on this while she works at keeping the peace between them...If they really are her children, she wouldn't hurt them, and she's quite comfortable with people who have very, very different philosophies.

Yeah... Riptide tells both of them to sit down and speak only when he is asking them a direct question. He'll question them with a particular eye to trying to figure out just how they reached the conclusion that going back to prevent each other's conception is a good idea. He's looking for someone who was pulling both of their strings to get them to do this.

Hellfire panics. It's all too believable that her husband's daughter would grow up to become a dictator, but on the other hand it isn't believable at all to her that she would have a child by someone else.

The Wizard of Oz Incorporated would tell the crazy people to go away and stop interfering with his love life.

Huh' date=' I should totally poke meta to post [i']Hermes[/i] reply to this. But for Artemis...

Okay, Artemis's and Telemachus's daughter being a conqueror would not surprise, though Artemis would not like the time travel part at all. Of course, she's also as likely to take Artemis's caring for others if she was raised by her.

Of course, if we're going with less likely parents, especially given Artemis's adoptive mother has already spoken of setting up a suitor's party for her...hmm, I'll have to ask the group, any of the five I can think of would shock the hell out of the group.

Of course, Artemis's reaction to this is shaking her head, cuffing them both when they start to fight, and a look to Hermes to work on this while she works at keeping the peace between them...If they really are her children, she wouldn't hurt them, and she's quite comfortable with people who have very, very different philosophies.

*snicker* So who are the shocking candidates? :-p

As for Hermes. . . well, odds are one of the kids claims to be Anastasia Seeker's. As for the other kid. . . I can't think of any candidate that wouldn't have Hermes looking on in bafflement.

Still, he'd try and handle whatever romantic embarassment arises with as good humor as possible, while trying to keep his kids from killing each other ( or him ). Presuming they both can be confirmed as truthful. . . well, that means at least one of them is from an alternate timeline and is lost.

Soulbarb just groans at more dimensional madness. She's not about to have any kids (and in fact at this point in her career is biologically unable to,) and would take the idea that she'd adopt with extreme skepticism; she's not ready to raise a family at this point in her career and has no intentions of doing so. She does know at least a little about dimensional magics, but not yet enough to send them back where they came from, so she'll just have to get them both to settle down until she can sort out this mess.

Hopefully Imagine will pop up sooner or later to get these two back where they belong.

Sylph: "Alaric and I have a son someday? And Magnesia and I adopt a daugther? Squee!

On the other hand, I probably shouldn't be too surprised that Dionysius would be trying to turn my son's dimension into a new ancient Greek paradise, like my daughter's is. After all, he's been tempted to try the same thing here a time or two. Why don't we all go have a chat with him and sort this out?

And no, son, that doesn't mean I'm about to play favourites! Well not more than normal, anyway. We can call your father in, he'll make sure everyone stays on the level."

Ghost Archer:

To daughter:

"I told your mother I didn't want any more children for at least a couple hundred years . . ."

To son:

"So your mother will be returning to me?"

To both:

"Since you both claim to be my children I can safely assume you are both aware of my 'unique' nature. I can also safely assume you are both aware of my abilities in, not only dimension travel, but temporal travel. And if you are indeed my children, then you will understand that I have no doubt one of you is lying. It is merely a matter of 'time' before I discover which. Therefore you both understand that I will be investigating both alternate realities."

RPG:

This situation is a prime example of how a character's history can totally screw up the question. Ghost Archer, and a very few other individuals, are what is called 'Uniques' in my campaign. They only exist in one place in one time and in one existance. There are no 'other' versions. Because of this, and his own immortality, there would never be an 'alternate' timeline created based on whether a child is male or female. He would know one was fake.

From that point it would be a matter of following his timeline into the future. From the situational setup, I believe the 'daughter' would be the 'fake' as he does have an agreement with his wife to refrain from having more children for a couple of centuries and no, it can't happen without his willing it.

The 'son' would be the more interesting development in his life as his existance would signal ther return of his 'soulmate' and pretty much throw his entire personal life into chaos. As a GM I would enjoy playing that situation out to the end but as a player I could see some very difficult times ahead for my Archer.

Alot of people seem to assume that one or the other is lying. It is entirely possible that they are both telling the truth as they see it (were I a super-villain setting this up, that's how I'd do it). It is also possible that both are telling the objective truth. It is possible that she is from an alternate future where he is a time traveling villain and her arch enemy and he is from a world were she is an extra-dimensional super-villain (and you can just see the actual villainous versions watching in amusement from the side-lines "Hey 'sis', how about I take us back to the future and we can get on with conquering it for you") Such are he convolutions of time travel and alternate worlds (esp. in comic books where this arch would most likely end with the two of them and the character returning to the future to stop the 'evil twins' taking over)

Dolphin: "NOT AGAIN!" Despite being Gay and having absolutely no interest in the opposite sex, this is the third time he's been razzled by his time traveling descendants. Briefly considers self-castration, realizes they would just grow back. "One of you, either of you, both of you, just tell me what I did to deserve this?" (With a strong belief in Karma, this is not a retorical question.)

Iron Will: "I'm thirteen. I haven't hit puberty yet. Both of you go away and come back in five years."

Snow Leopard: She comes from a very, very disfunctional family, being related to Sabertooth and Wolverine. If she makes her EGO roll and doesn't attack the closest one, she will encourage them to fight and then take on the winner.

Alot of people seem to assume that one or the other is lying. It is entirely possible that they are both telling the truth as they see it (were I a super-villain setting this up' date=' that's how I'd do it). It is also possible that both are telling the objective truth. [/quote']

Sure, and I expect the more detective-minded characters will do the appropriate investigation to figure out what is going on and sort the mess out (at least that's what Soulbarb would do, as I alluded to above.)

OTOH, a lot of the more interesting reactions are from characters who aren't quite so logical/rational about this sort of problem cropping up in their lives. ;)

Zero Core: Looks shocked at seeing the daughter. His eyes would begin to tear up, because she looks so much like his love Kyris Dales who he suspects to be dead.

Her being born prooves she is alive.

Then his son arrives, and shocked he stands infrot of his daughter to protect her. As the boy tells his story, he shakes his head. "I don't care if you have the same power as me. I refuse to believe you are the son of me and Litae. I'm the only one on the team who doesn't have a thing for her."

While he has his weapons drawn on the son, he prevents any fighting between the siblings. Then he asks the girl to go back to the future and bring back her mother Kyris. Meanwhile he will guard the boy and prevent him from returning to the future.

He will talk to the boy in the meanwhile and find out how he came to be, and if his knowledge of the future is accurate. Depending on how things go from there his actions may change.

Ishmael: Upon seeing the two kids, he will imediately claim not to know what they're talking about. "I ain't claiming no kids. I never touched the woman." But when they start fighting, he will use his telekinesis to hold them out of attacking distance.

"If you are my kids, start from the beginning and tell me what's going on."

After learning the full story from both of them, he will bring them to the Proffesor (an all powerful GMPC) and tell him to keep them locked up in seperate Hero jail cells where there powers won't work. Then request the use of an NPC who can manipulate time and space (Like Hiro Nakamura) to take him to the future and find out which is telling the truth.