Musings on Random Musings

Kara Zor-El

Re: Musings on Random Musings

Thanks! PS - I do need to rotate avatars sometime...
Oh, I wasn't trying to imply that you NEEDED to. Just my habit to size things that way for folks here when I find an image that makes me think "Hmmm, 'X' would probably get a kick outta this!" :P

Glad you enjoyed it. :D

John T

Mightybec long ago crossed the line and became a troll; it's continued garbage like this, though, that has finally made me have to stand up and say so.

I'm calling a spade a spade. Mightybec is a troll, and as we all know, the only way to get rid of a troll is to ignore them. So I'd suggest everyone boycott him, by not replying to or responding to any of hist posts.

You know, you're doing a pretty poor job of ignoring me. :think:

:D

Guest George Kirby

I'm calling a spade a spade. Mightybec is a troll' date=' and as we all know, the only way to get rid of a troll is to ignore them. So I'd suggest everyone boycott him, by not replying to or responding to any of hist posts.[/quote']

I agree, but why are you still reading his posts.

I agree' date=' but why are you still reading his posts.[/quote']

It was a post to the 'catsuit' thread. Thinking that maybe, just maybe, he'd decided to start behaving like a contributing member of this forum, I decided to take a look at what he'd posted...it was the first post of his I've looked at since I put him on 'Ignore'.

What I found was that, once again, he'd decided to **** on everyone else's enjoyment of something in order to get his juvenile kicks with his supposed "humor".

He seems to be the only one laughing. :straight:

And I, for one, have had enough of these sorts of antics, and I'm guessing I'm not the only one who feels this way.

That's why, as I said, I'm calling a spade a spade. Mightybec is a troll, and the only way to get rid of a troll is to not respond to them. Anything else just feeds their ego.

I don't care what anyone says' date=' [u']Murphy Brown[/u] was no better a show in writing than any of the other post-Mary Tyler Moore mediocre wannabes, it was "simply" better-acted, though Candace Bergen's talent generally was wasted on that show.

Well, yeah but that applies to most sitcoms, IMO.

Most of the shows I watch for laughs are either cartoons, the Daily Show, or snarky dramas like Buffy.

JG

My son is home. My wife surrendered residential custody, and is willingly paying support. He's going to live with me from now on, and I am so glad of it.

As to my wife, I am shocked at her attitude toward all this. Its as if she's relieved she won't have to worry about our child's day to day needs anymore...

Why am I reminded of Kramer vs. Kramer here? :mad:

JG

I don't care what anyone says' date=' [u']Murphy Brown[/u] was no better a show in writing than any of the other post-Mary Tyler Moore mediocre wannabes, it was "simply" better-acted, though Candace Bergen's talent generally was wasted on that show.
Not having seen Mary Tyler Moore I should really comment, but this is the Internet, where everyone's opinion is equally worthless, so here is mine: I liked Murphy Brown.

It was in Miss Congeniality that Mrs Bergen's talent was wasted.

My son is home. My wife surrendered residential custody' date=' and is willingly paying support. He's going to live with me from now on, and I am so glad of it. [/quote'] I'm so glad for you.

As to my wife, I am shocked at her attitude toward all this. Its as if she's relieved she won't have to worry about our child's day to day needs anymore...
I don't understand women either. :P Her reaction is indeed puzzling.

Just look forward to each day and treasure it.

You can tell I've gone way past merely tired or sleepy when I start snickering about the fact that my husband has 69 rep power.

I keep fighting the urge to declare, "The power of 69!"

I'd ask him (if I was you) to apply the "The power of 69!" to you. See if those 9 points of rep are _really_ worth it. :winkgrin:

Monty.
Monty was the name of my first real RPG character. He was a cross between (& had)

- Superman's super senses

- Wolverine's prodigious healing and adamantine skeleton (skeleton had runes etched into it...RuneQuest runes)

- a suit of armour like Tony Stark's

- a 'pseudo undead' (eg deathless)

- a warrior "mage"

- a Superhero

- a Arnie-like Terminator

- and much much more

...and he was a AD&D 2e character.

As to the name, I opened a baby names book I own to a random page and that was the name I saw first.

I should tell you about him someday...if you are interested.

My son is home. My wife surrendered residential custody, and is willingly paying support. He's going to live with me from now on, and I am so glad of it.

Or she know that the child is in good hands. Women are unpredictable and weird.

Not having seen Mary Tyler Moore I should really comment, but this is the Internet, where everyone's opinion is equally worthless, so here is mine: I liked Murphy Brown.

It was in Miss Congeniality that Mrs Bergen's talent was wasted.

In this case I'm referring to MTM simply as the template for "work place as family" comedies. Most sitcoms in the mid-70s through at least the early 90s that take place in the workplace are centered on MTM almost precisely. The show itself wasn't as good as people have given it credit for, but it did have some great points to it and there's reasons (good, as in solid character archetypes, and bad, as in rather caricaturish and churlish approach in those archetypes) it set the template.

Seinfeld and Friends then have done a lot to change that template approach, affecting the way many workplace comedies have been enacted, even though those shows both templated really a different sort of formula sitcom, the, well, "friends" (lower case, given Seinfeld also was essential in this formulation) formula.

Monty was the name of my first real RPG character. He was a cross between (& had)

- Superman's super senses

- Wolverine's prodigious healing and adamantine skeleton (skeleton had runes etched into it...RuneQuest runes)

- a suit of armour like Tony Stark's

- a 'pseudo undead' (eg deathless)

- a warrior "mage"

- a Superhero

- a Arnie-like Terminator

- and much much more

...and he was a AD&D 2e character.

As to the name, I opened a baby names book I own to a random page and that was the name I saw first.

I should tell you about him someday...if you are interested.

Sure, you can PM, email, or board-post. Sounds like a typical first superhero character - very super-kickass! Mine was much the same, though he could barely survive outside urban environments.

Because apparently I'm delusional. Nothing new there.

Carry on . . .

Well, I was born in California, and have been to Florida...

Okay, I'll carry on...

Psst...does this mean you're subject to easy suggestion? In that case...

"HERO is a great game system. HERO is a great game system!"

(And when people see that you agree, they'll be astounded at my powers of persuasion...)