Musings on Random Musings

Kara Zor-El

Seven Samurai and The Magnificent Seven can be appreciated as different takes on the same story. Not everyone will have seen Seven Samurai but may be aware of it.

However when something is really good you should not try and remake it cf The Posideon Adventure. This is the path to the dark side. They may even attempt to remake The Twilight Saga......

Seven Samurai and The Magnificent Seven can be appreciated as different takes on the same story. Not everyone will have seen Seven Samurai but may be aware of it.

However when something is really good you should not try and remake it cf The Posideon Adventure. This is the path to the dark side. They may even attempt to remake The Twilight Saga......

9 times out of 10, I would agree with you.

Then I think about the remake of King Kong, which was a fantastic film.

I usu. just skip remakes of films I like.

They aren't worth grinding one's teeth over.

Because Lars is either an idiot or a dick.  But then again, the album seemed to do reasonably well, so perhaps I am the idiot.

Problem with the remixes is that while now we can hear Jason, there's still no bass in anyone else's instruments, especially Lars' kick. 

• 2 weeks later...

Next year's musicals at my school are "Mary Poppins" and "Aida".  Interesting.

(Why do we need two musicals?  I have no idea.)

Probably because that's where the money is. Musicals put asses in seats, as my old director used to say. They make the budget that allows a theater to do the other things that don't draw an audience but are well worth doing. Plus, they usually have the big cast that will get everyone on stage.

In other words, musicals are to theatre what pineapple is to pizza. There are large numbers of deluded tasteless fools who like it, so those with intelligence and discerning palates get trodden under the heels of the vacuous masses for the sake of filthy luchre.

In other words, musicals are to theatre what pineapple is to pizza. There are large numbers of deluded tasteless fools who like it, so those with intelligence and discerning palates get trodden under the heels of the vacuous masses for the sake of filthy luchre.

That applies to neither musicals or pineapple pizza.