Chucking

Thirdbase

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Gary

Since the base str is 0, do all the advantages that you place on it in total cost 1 pt minimum, or does each separate advantage cost 1 pt? :P

Actually, since you're buying STR down from 10 (for a base cost of -10), all these advantages make it MORE negative! So, suppose we buy the woodchuck with the advantages AE (One Hex) +1/2 and Autofire (x10, unusual) +2. Then, the woodchuck's STR cost would be -10*1+(2+1/2) or -35pts!

Hmmm... this gives me ideas for "Uglyboy" and "Mondo the Brainless One"

Originally posted by Gary

Ah, but is chucking a physical action, or is it merely a state of mind? ;)

Definitely a physical action, although I'm sure the simple delight of chucking makes it delightful to woodchucks everywhere. Of course, different woodchucks like different wood, hence different chuckings.

2. Is it just me, or has this entire thread descended very quickly into the realm of the gleefully ridiculous? (Not that there's anything wrong with that....)

Originally posted by Agent Escafarc

Yes:D Yes it has:p

I started this thread and it started ridiculous, and I certainly didn't expect it to last this long.:D

Originally posted by Thirdbase

I started this thread and it started ridiculous, and I certainly didn't expect it to last this long.:D

It started ridiculous, and has since descended (or perhaps ascended) into the gleefully ridiculous. It should die down about the time it starts to enter into the realm of the inane. :D

Similar to the Skill Points question above...

Could a very highly trained Woodchuck buy, let us say, Offensive, Defensive, and Martial Chucking, to be used based on the type of wood (Pine, Oak, Treant) encountered?

Perhaps 'Chucking' could be generalized into the Woodchuck Martial Art...

Shouldn't the ability to chuck wood actually be a Limited version of the more general power to chuck anything? Considering the variety of things that can be chucked (let alone up- chucked:eek: ) just chucking wood should be at least a -1/2, amybe as much as -1.

Depending of course on how common wood is in your campaign - some Star Hero campaigns may almost never come across enough wood to bother chucking, so it wouldn't be a Limitation at all.

While I'm at it, what about Megascale wood chucking? Imagine chucking an entire forest! :D

• 7 years later...