NGD Scenes from a Hat

Hermit

3 hours ago, Pariah said:

Scott Summers as Arthur, Kurt Wagner as Percival, Piotr Rasputin as Galahad, Logan as Gawain, and Charles Xavier as Merlin. Guest starring faux Jean Grey as Morgana le Fay. 

New Topic: Why did Grond cross the road?

Because there's a giant plate of Fried Chicken on the other side.

NT: Ways to game online with an immobilized hand.

On 11/1/2023 at 11:45 PM, Michael Hopcroft said:

NT: Subtle signs your four-year-old is savvier than you are.

He has already memorized 389 cheat codes, used them advantage and has sold some of his virtual trophy power-ups, and bought you your Christmas presents already with the proceeds of those sales.

NT: Signs your cat has learned how to open doors that you closed and latched.  (This afternoon, I am on the verge of deciding this must be the case with one of our cats, though I haven't seen her actually do it.)

3 hours ago, Cancer said:

NT: Signs your cat has learned how to open doors that you closed and latched.  (This afternoon, I am on the verge of deciding this must be the case with one of our cats, though I haven't seen her actually do it.)

There are little paw prints around your unexpectedly opened bottle of 12-year-old Scotch.

On 11/6/2023 at 4:38 PM, Cancer said:

He has already memorized 389 cheat codes, used them advantage and has sold some of his virtual trophy power-ups, and bought you your Christmas presents already with the proceeds of those sales.

The cops call you to say they found your car smashed at the bottom of a cliff with the surprisingly uninjured cat. Turns out your cat can drive -- just not v ery well.

NT: Unexpected consequences of teaching cats to pilot jet airliners.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/8/2023 at 5:00 AM, Pariah said:

New Topic: Unlikely heroes of Thanksgiving.

The Decruciferou-fier:  Banishes all cruciferous vegetables from the room.  So there's no Brussels sprouts, kale, cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, mustard greens, etc., that duty requires you to eat!  (Note: This hero manifests as a 9-year-old boy.)

NT:  Sale items and prices that would succeed in tempting you out into the malls on Black Friday.  For example, Space Ghost's Armbands [with real Space Ghost powers in them] on sale for $99 a pair (in person and cash only, limit 3)!

3 hours ago, Cancer said:

NT:  Sale items and prices that would succeed in tempting you out into the malls on Black Friday.  For example, Space Ghost's Armbands [with real Space Ghost powers in them] on sale for $99 a pair (in person and cash only, limit 3)!

An extra day's pay for the retail workers who have to deal with the terrifying mess that is Black Friday.

(I am facing that for the first time this Friday. I am fearful, and no I won't get a bonus or get paid for Thanksgiving.)

On 11/19/2023 at 10:54 AM, Cancer said:

Travel certificates that provide a golden excuse to get out of office Christmas parties.

NT: Real-life candidates for a good old-fashioned Scrooging.