NGD Scenes from a Hat

Hermit

<Over-the-top seductive whispery voice>

"R'lyeh.  We'll blow your mind.  And ... other things."

NT:  Over-the-top things Cancer might do during the Very Last Lecture Of His Career.  NB: The main subject of the lecture will be searching for extraterrestrial life, intelligent and otherwise.

1 hour ago, Cancer said:

NT:  Over-the-top things Cancer might do during the Very Last Lecture Of His Career.  NB: The main subject of the lecture will be searching for extraterrestrial life, intelligent and otherwise.

Point out that all of the instruments searching for intelligent life are pointed away from the Earth, and indicate the population of the current class as justification for this decision.

21 hours ago, Cancer said:

During the lecture, have a message from extraterrestrials come in, saying, "Stop trying to contact us, already!  We checked you out, and there's NO WAY we're getting involved in that $&!%!  You humans are cray-cray-crazy!"

NT:  Unexpected reasons why the extraterrestrials haven't contacted us yet.

1 hour ago, BoloOfEarth said:

NT:  Unexpected reasons why the extraterrestrials haven't contacted us yet.

They've tried, but their second and not-yet-given-up-as-failure attempt is via a set of LiveJournal identities on which they have a slicker-than-average false front than anyone else as they present (and discuss at length) their watered-down-to-the-point-of-unrecognizability tentacle pr0n, but all the humans assume they're just another slick ensemble of molesters and online fraud artists and no one takes them seriously.  (Their first attempt was back in the 1950s where they posed as French-speaking dwarf chessmasters who only wanted to play queen pawn openings over short-wave radio.)

NT: Local businesses or organizations in your immediate environment who could be extraterrestrial aliens, but no one pays enough attention to them to care whether they are or not.

10 hours ago, Cancer said:

NT: Local businesses or organizations in your immediate environment who could be extraterrestrial aliens, but no one pays enough attention to them to care whether they are or not.

The county immediately south of where I live is the multi-level marketing capital of North America. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if any or all of them were of extraterrestrial origin.

New Topic: Your city, state, province, or nation has become a tourist trap for extraterrestrial beings! What's the draw?

4 hours ago, Hermit said:

The creepy hamlet nearby where folks stare at you with dead soulless eyes as you drive by.

NT: Signs you may have accidentally sold or given YOUR soul away

There's this strange, uncanny thirst for blood that I'm having ...

1 hour ago, tkdguy said:

A moose once bit my sister.

You, dear sir, are a man of taste, culture, and refinement.

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Asperion said:

NT:  Crazy antics that you perform on your travel to Pluto. 

Translating the collected works of Isaac Asimov into Tolkien's Elvish, and the complete works of JRR Tolkien into Klingon.

Edited by Pariah

6 hours ago, Pariah said:

Translating the collected works of Isaac Asimov into Tolkien's Elvish, and the complete works of JRR Tolkien into Klingon.

Now, why would I do that again?

6 hours ago, Asperion said:

Convert my spacesuit to make me look like Mickey Mouse.

13 hours ago, Asperion said:

Invent Full Conversion Cybernetics, using my crewmates and myself as experimental subjects. The real fun begins when we get home...

Q: What did you do to be sent on a one-way excursion to Mars with nothing by snarky robots for company?