from little plot seeds, mighty games do grow: Share your ideas!

Hermit

Re: from little plot seeds, mighty games do grow: Share you ideas!

Basically' date=' the Japanese ...simply required them to perform in circuses, including showcasing battles between supers.[/quote']

That's just wrong. :no: Funny, but wrong.

PS - their primary motivation was not only entertainment' date=' but to always have supers ready to fight the mutated monsters such as Godzilla or Mothra![/quote']

Hey, did you just edit and add that?

Yes' date=' I did, I just realized I left the info out there without explaining why they did that.[/quote']

Ah ha! I thought so. Okay, well, I must go to bed and get some sleep. We have tax-free shopping to do tomorrow (& Sat. & Sun.) and we must get up early while the stores are still decent.

Ah ha! I thought so. Okay' date=' well, I must go to bed and get some sleep. We have tax-free shopping to do tomorrow (& Sat. & Sun.) and we must get up early while the stores are still decent.[/quote']

Tax-free shopping? What, does Texas not have sales tax on Friday, or are you making a trip across one of the borders to...where? (have a good night and fun shopping)

Tax-free shopping? What' date=' does Texas not have sales tax on Friday, or are you making a trip across one of the borders to...where? (have a good night and fun shopping)[/quote']

When President Bush was Governor Bush, he instituted and it was passed that there is a three-day weekend in August prior to school starting where clothing $99.99 and less is tax-free. It's a big boost for the economy and especially for lower-class parents. Each year more things get added (such as shoes and backpacks) that are school-related. And, since the stores know people are out to spend money, they have huge sales (including reducing $200 outfits to $99.99). Since the clothing stores have sales, lots of other stores in malls have sales in hopes of getting that cash.

"It's like Christmas in July." Except that it's in August and instead of buying for others, you buy for yourself and family. Very much fun to be had and people are generally friendly (since toys aren't big sellers). It's very funny to see what clothing stores look like on late Sunday afternoon.

"Bwah ha ha!" - Blue Beetle

When President Bush was Governor Bush, he instituted and it was passed that there is a three-day weekend in August prior to school starting where clothing $99.99 and less is tax-free. It's a big boost for the economy and especially for lower-class parents. Each year more things get added (such as shoes and backpacks) that are school-related. And, since the stores know people are out to spend money, they have huge sales (including reducing $200 outfits to $99.99). Since the clothing stores have sales, lots of other stores in malls have sales in hopes of getting that cash.

"It's like Christmas in July." Except that it's in August and instead of buying for others, you buy for yourself and family. Very much fun to be had and people are generally friendly (since toys aren't big sellers). It's very funny to see what clothing stores look like on late Sunday afternoon.

"Bwah ha ha!" - Blue Beetle

I'm not making a political comment here - that is very cool!

This might be useful as a plot seed, it's from my site, but what I'd also like to do is Palladium's book about the Mutant Underground from which I drew some inspiration for a storyline and some of the below - it's a nice little book, not a ton of ideas in it, but I think it's got a few ideas for everyone.

BACKGROUND: THE MUTANT UNDERGROUND IN THE UNITED STATES

anonymous white paper, temporarily found on ftp://hotline.com:2345 as "mutsclub.txt"

For many mutants, the secret clubs that cater to them are the only places they can express who they are and relate with others. This is especially true for those mutants with few or no socially redeeming (or worse yet concealable) attributes.

These clubs exist in a dense fog of secrecy. In fact, many claim that the initial inspiration of "Fight Club" was this mutant secret society, where the first and second rules are indeed those of Fight Club. Virtually no humans have entered this world; only two exposes have been written. The first was quickly followed by the disappearance of the human who wrote it. The second was exposed and eventually disavowed as a fraud.

The "deepest" level of these clubs, sometimes known as "The Point of No Return", seem to be one of two extremes. Some are bleak, seemingly wordless places. Others are loud and crass. In both cases, they house those mutants whose emotional connection to the human world has withered to nothing but they are unable or unwilling to publicly "out" themselves as such. Rather than live in mutant communes or take up occupations that would put them into the so-called mainstream mutant world, they live on the fringe, fearful of discovery but excited by opportunity. These clubs witness the most lawless and extreme of activities. Rumors abound of a sect that operates almost exclusively within these clubs that celebrates unusual forms of murder-suicides which they believe release a sort of "mutant pollen" into the air that both intoxicates and causes more mutations. A couple of these "mutant snuff films" have surfaced, whether connected to the so-called Free Spirit Passion Cult or more mundane and earthy unhealthy fetishes.

Typically, though, the mutant secret society functions in a more respectable but "don't ask, don't tell" environment. Individual secrets are respected. Unless an identity is overtly revealed and that of a heinous criminal (such as a murderer), no one, including those heroic mutants, gets into confrontations or unduly researches anyone. Mutants do seek out each other for labor, benign to nefarious. For some, this is the only place they can find decent paying work. It's unusual to see well-known heroes or villains in these clubs, although it's not so unusual for them to be there, secreting their identity a bit casually (after all, no one's going to pry) and enjoying some non-ideological camaraderie. Often the most famous ones do get spotted or found out, but it's considered quite a faux pas to let on that one knows.

These clubs range from rickety makeshift affairs selling strange potions ("Ambrosia" is a particularly well-known substitute for liquor that causes intense alcoholic effects in short order and duration in even the heartiest self-curing mutants; it can easily kill a person of regular physique) as well as regular liquor to posh speakeasies selling only the best in legal fair. The latter tend to disguise themselves as ridiculously reclusive gentlemen's clubs or extremist oddball political lodges with only elite membership; in these cases, the membership is usually the best-known mutants. Even in these cases, the clubs are still highly secretive. On the high end, these are so rare they're considered by most mutants to be a myth. But a few, such as intrepid investigator Jonas Hell, swear they exist.

In any case, discovery of a club or even the perceived possible discovery keeps these clubs highly mobile. All are capable of shutting down and starting up elsewhere in a matter of hours. In fact the hallmark of a successful "mutie meister", the strange name given to the barkeep/proprietors of these establishments (usually only one person runs and operates such places, with no or freely given assistance), is their ability to move their operations rapidly.

Most mutants in these clubs demonstrate their mutation in some way. Telekinetics will walk in with purses or other gear suspended just next to but not on their arms. The super-strong, if they aren't obviously that way, will often "accidentally" flip one of the usually incredibly heavy tables over (sometimes they're made of concrete); a bit of embarrassment may occur but the calling card is clear. All this helps to reinforce that everyone is who they should be. On rare occassion, powerful mutants may bring in human spouses, but otherwise humans are not welcome in any circumstance. When a human is discovered in a club, they are beaten, sometimes to within an inch of their life, terrorized, and, if their identity is not known immediately, investigated for follow-up threats. The threat alone, along with the secrecy, keeps all but the craftiest and craziest humans way. It's rumored that once in a great while these humans become test subjects and are made into mutants; this rumor has fueled a few obsessed but smart "fans" to make their way into these clubs. It has undoubtedly caused a few of their deaths. A few rare humans who are so powerful yet so alienated from humanity might also visit these clubs, but they're mostly on the level of the Punisher (a known frequenter of Atlanta's mutant underbelly) - too tough to mess with.

Detroit, long known as the "San Francisco of mutants", is no exception with its secret society, but predictably it's not quite so secret and a bit more open among the mutant/vaguely super-human community. Human vigilante Wilting Rose is commonly known to frequent these clubs, not disguising herself at all. Most mutants tend to let their identity to be known easily, if they're locals. It's virtually a known fact that Mayor Berry has contacts within the clubs and the ability to mobilize when absolutely necessary for the good of the community. Some believe this accounts for the rapid deployment of metahumans in fighting the "Great Lakes Godzilla" attack of 1993.

It is believed that in the wake of the success of the Justice Squad in fighting Kingpin in New York City that lame duck Mayor Giuliani is attempting to foster the same relationship in his city's mutant underground. However, the "famous" supers are believed to be in a club of their own, hosted by Dr. Time of the Outsiders, and the lesser known, generally non-vigilante mutants prize their secrecy and strongly distrust the mayor, particularly given his Puritanical bent on New York nightlife.

• 2 weeks later...

Re: You and the Captain, making it happen

Captain Chronos

2) I oppssed: The Super heroes are in a shielded danger room, or lab, when they step out... they may notice some changes. It would seem the Earth they knew is gone, replaced by something similar but different enough to be alarming. The space program has lead to the alien invasion and domination of their planet for decades. If they search their history, they'll discover that some important historical event went differently this time. The Captain appears, quite humilated, and explains he oppsed, everything is changed but the heroes thanks to that 'inadvertent chronol shielding' and he needs their help to fix it. What will the super heroes do when they find out the 'Second gunman on the grassy gnoll was one of them all along?

I love this sooooooo much.

Guest Worldmaker

I'm not making a political comment here - that is very cool!

He got the idea from Florida and his younger brother, the other Governor Bush. Though Jeb didn't start the tradition. :)

For Galactic Champions

Zornwil

1) His Excellency's Secret Service- The heroes receive an invitation to attend a ceremony in their honor from the Prime Minister himself. Assuming they make contact, he will put on a great and gracious show for some recent doing of theirs, perhaps one they feel doesn't deserve quite this much praise. In private though, he will confide in them that something is very wrong. The council is acting oddly, and so are some of the highest ranking generals in the Federation Fleet. This ceremony is actually a way to bring in total outsiders in the hope they can find out if the council has been taken over by shape shifters, mind controllers, or whatever.

2) Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how did you like the play?- A variation of the above, it is one of Zornwil's most trusted aides who summons the heroes, and asks them to keep an eye on the Prime Minister. Death threats have been made, and from all places, the Mon Dabi homeworld. Zornwil, while normally shrewd, has blown these threats off and declines the extra security, so the PCs are asked to "keep an optical orb upon him, please?" They must do their best to protect the Prime Minister without letting him know they're essentially his body guards.

3) That Ole Time religion- Mon'Dabi consider themselves a progressive vibrant species, but even they have had their civil rights movements. In the past century or two, great strides were made in female rights, and in removing the stigma of "the landless". Not all were pleased by this, some groups of reactionaries stood against, and continue to stand against such reforms. Zornwil, while proud of his people, has been a rallying force for continued reforms and has earned the special hatred of the extremists. When extremist groups suddenly come out of nowhere wielding weapons that seem to project a cosmic fire, it would appear that Rhigasa is on their side. Until now, the faith has always been a unifying theme, but now, this extremist group demands a return to the "True Holy Ways" and has the firepower, literally, to back it up. Zornwil refuses to believe the Sacred Fire truly favors what he sees as a group of hatemongers, and beseeches the PCs to find out the truth.

Re: For Galactic Champions

Is there a writeup in DH yet for "the" Zornwil? I intend to do an unoffiical one anyway, so will add it here after I get back from vaca.

Great ideas, Hermit.

I hate to ask, but who or what is Zornwil? I don't have any recolection about reading up on the name.

I hate to ask' date=' but who or what is Zornwil? I don't have any recolection about reading up on the name.[/quote']

The character listed as the Prime Minister of the General Council Assembly for the Federation in Galactic Champions.

No special favor as far as the relationship of the name, merely a result of a contribution on my part to the Comic Book Legal Defense Fund via HERO which entitles one to be put into a book, I was as surprised as anyone to see it there. And the only reason for any heightened attention is, well, I post a ton as you can see...

The character listed as the Prime Minister of the General Council Assembly for the Federation in Galactic Champions.

No special favor as far as the relationship of the name, merely a result of a contribution on my part to the Comic Book Legal Defense Fund via HERO which entitles one to be put into a book, I was as surprised as anyone to see it there. And the only reason for any heightened attention is, well, I post a ton as you can see...

No problem. I wonder if thay will do this again...it would be surprising for the heros to come across a realy evil villian, only to unmask him and reveal that he is realy...Stanley Robert Teriaca (AKA Steriaca).

No problem. I wonder if thay will do this again...it would be surprising for the heros to come across a realy evil villian' date=' only to unmask him and reveal that he is realy...Stanley Robert Teriaca (AKA Steriaca).[/quote']

:D

Heh, they will continue to do it, naturally Steriaca is NOT Stanley Robert Teriaca anymore than Zornwil is me! And I think Steriaca would be cool in a book, and Darren needs sci-fi names...

EDIT/PS - I should add, they've been doing it for a while, and there is a place in the online store for this. It's a good cause, seriously.

:D

Heh, they will continue to do it, naturally Steriaca is NOT Stanley Robert Teriaca anymore than Zornwil is me! And I think Steriaca would be cool in a book, and Darren needs sci-fi names...

EDIT/PS - I should add, they've been doing it for a while, and there is a place in the online store for this. It's a good cause, seriously.

Um, I hate to break it to you, but I Am Stanley Robert Teriaca. I diden't put out the cash to have a chance for a charater to be named after myself. Of course, if/when I do this, and thay take the name (or some vareation of it...I myself used Teraca (which is Teriaca without the i) as a name for a dimention which is nothing but doors leading to other dimentions), that charater who thay named is no more me than you are me.

And thanks for saying my name/handel is cool. It is just the first letter of my first name added to my last name.

Um' date=' I hate to break it to you, but [b']I Am Stanley Robert Teriaca[/b].

I think he was referring to the character Zornwil in GC is no more actually him than a character in HERO named Stanley R. Teriaca (super ID Steriaca) would actually be you.

And thanks for saying my name/handel is cool. It is just the first letter of my first name added to my last name.

Yeah, that was a tough code to crack. :snicker:

Though I have to agree that something about "Steriaca" sounds good for the comic/super genre.

I think he was referring to the character Zornwil in GC is no more actually him than a character in HERO named Stanley R. Teriaca (super ID Steriaca) would actually be you.

Yeah, I know. But unlike him, I curently have nobody named after me.

Though I have to agree that something about "Steriaca" sounds good for the comic/super genre.

Huh? "Steriaca" has no meaning, exactly. Should I create an evil scientist named Profesor Robert Steriaca, who hunts the golden and silver age heros with his amazing weapions, like the Infanto Device, Diablo Duplication Macheen, and Electromodulator Depoweriser (prehaps the most feared device in the Golden/Silver Age, as it acualy robs superheros of there powers).

I might as well (and this should put this thing back on track)...

Profesor Robert Steriaca, Evil Genus

(note: you are free to substute your own evil genus, if you want)

The Infanto Device: Profesor Steriaca has just finished his greatest invention, The Infanto Device. Now, all he has to do is kidnap a superhero's known DNPC as bate, and force the hero through the macheen, which is designed to change the superhero into a superbaby forever (or untill he grows up natuly). Mahahahaha!!!

Giant Killer Robots On Parade: The evil Profesor Steriaca has been working overtime. This time, he has not one, or two, but six gigantic, skyscraper size robots to unleash on the city. And he will do so if he is not made king of the city.

Doing Nothing?: Profesor Steriaca has, amazinly enougth, won paroll, and is now off scot free. The Profesor has been sighted buying odd things. When the police and the superhero population ask him what he is up to, he only replies "Nothing". What is he up to? Does this have anything to do with his last invention, the Apathy Ray, which appered to be a dud when he tried it out last time? If it is, what if he gets it fixed? More importantly, do you cair?

A Plethora of Grond (or "Grond Clones for Sale")

Grond Thread

We've got lots of Grond! From Canada to Mexico, from money for Grond to money from Grond and including "A Grond Opening!"

You must see it for yourselves!

Okay, I admit to trying to get an older thread revived. :sneaky:

Help me Gronda!

1) I need a woman! Grond seeks out the strongest female in the city and tries to win her over (beating up bad guys, destroying things, abducting her or her friends). If a PC, how will she respond? If an NPC, can the heroes help?

2) Grond-ette? A female is abducted by Telios who mutates her into a Grond-like clone. Will she be able to survive after the process? What will happen if Grond finds out? If he does, what happens if (when?) she dies soon?

3) A Grond Finale Grond becomes obsessed with some female (super or normal) who has an amazingly high Comliness. After abducting her, he climbs the tallest building in the campaign city, where he sets her on the roof, but won't let her go. Several supers buzz by Grond (who may or may not have a bag of throwable objects with him) until Grond is either knocked out or loses his grip and falls. Is the building high enough for Grond to go splat when he hits? How will the city respond to Grond's death? (Should Grond survive, will the heroes -or whoever discovers this fact-keep it a secret?)

Re: from little plot seeds, mighty games do grow

Foxbat

When and Where?The heroes are either called to investigate a robbery or come upon one during their nightly patrols. They catch the "tail end" of Foxbat (and crew?) as they are stealing some leading edge technology. Foxbat gets away, laughing that the heroes won't foil in his MASTER PLAN, because once he connects these to the rest of the machine in his secret warehouse, his teleportation device will make him unstoppable.

The next night, the heroes go looking and find said secret warehouse. Inside is a large platform with a roof about 7-10 feet up. The heroes break in, Foxbat tells them they're too late and he yells for the teleportation device to be activated. One of the agents does so and in the next instant, poof! Everyone in the warehouse has been transported back in time.

Options: (all involving Foxbat to have the design manual tucked away with him)

1. The transporter goes back in time, but no one knows how to set it forward. Not for several adventures, at least.

2. The transporter does NOT go back in time, so the heroes and Foxbat must work together to build a new one, much to Foxbat's dismay.

3. The transporter goes back in time, but when Foxbat goes to fix it, he makes it into an actual teleportation device, to the heroes' chagrin.

4. The warehouse gets transported back in time as well.

5. Once the transporter gets fixed, Foxbat tries to leave the PCs behind.

6. Once the transporter is "fixed," everyone is transported back further in time.

7. The teleportation device does work as well. The heroes & Foxbat (and crew) are not just transported back in time, but to another city, state, country or even continent.

Time options:

1. Early 1900's, around the Great War or WW2 era.

2. Late 1800's during industrial revolution (Foxbat could make a fortune!)

3. "Cowboy & Indian" days. Foxbat wants to relive these days, even though tv shows & movies weren't exactly accurate.

4. Caveman days

5. Dinosaur days

6. Ice Age - the heroes & Foxbat (and crew) witness an alien ship crash. Some aliens escape the ship before it is buried by avalanche. Mmm, humans look tasty.

7. Group teleported to Great Wall of China during a Hun or Mongol invasion.

8. Group teleported to the Alamo.

9. Group teleported to the Titanic moments before it hits an iceberg

10. Group teleported somewhere appropriate to a PC's background (say French revolution for a French PC, or Napoleon's invasion of Russia for a Russian PC, etc.)

Of course, just because the time machine starts teleporting back to the future, doesn't mean they can make it there in one leap. :D

OH Brother! :rofl: Well here's a plot idea starrin the Foxy one I call it--

WHEN STRIKES THE DEATHFOX!

While Freddy Fosgood is in jail [no doubt put there by another of his master plans failing.],the pcs encounter another FOXBAT taking out a gang of hoods robbing the First national Bank of New Arkham,then snatching the money for himself when they show up. Three days later they encounter him again and try to stop him only to be beaten up by some swift kicks,boneblasting punches and some very lethal weponry that's unheard of from the original FoxBat. Worse when the PCS visit Fosgood in jail,they find him in the prison infirmary suffering from broken bones, internal bleeding and bruises given to him by an inmate who broke out of jail and disappeared at the same time this NEW FoxBat debuted.

Who is this New and deadly foxbat and how will the PCS defeat him considering he has[1] enhanced strength,[2]Ninja stealth skills and [3] a very deadly arsenal of weapons that may take out a whole platoon of superheroes much less an army of police?

:)

More of Profesor Steriaca's Fiendish Plots...

1) Only The Good Die Old: Working from the ruined shareds of his Infanto Device, Profesor Steriaca has created his Crono Canon, a hand held gun-like device able to age anyone into elder state.

The Faceless One

Recently up on the Character Posting Thread (see there for full details), the Faceless One is a Golden Age villain, mastermind and disguise expert.

Saturday Morning Serial : Professor Bright, a scientist working for Biggco, has developed a Molecular Agitation Ray. It will have many useful industrial applications, as soon as the professor gets rid of that annoying "anything the ray is pointed at blows up" side effect. However, the Faceless One thinks the ray is fine as is, and has his minions steal the plans. Now the heroes (low powered pulp adventurers would be best) must stop the Faceless One before he can assemble his own copy of the MAR and use it to commit crimes and/or sell it to America's enemies. In the serial tradition, the Faceless One will need the special metal the ray projector is constructed from, a portable power source for its enormous energy needs, the professor's beautiful daughter Star so the Faceless One can force Bright to give him technical assistance, etc.

I Did What? : The most respected and morally upright hero in the city (player character, by preference) walks into the First National Bank and explains that he's discovered that all the cash and valuables in the vault have been contaminated by an invisible, odorless poison. In order to cleanse these items, he'll need to take them back to his secret headquarters. Naturally, the bank president agrees, since Upright Man is known never to lie. But several hours later, the hero has still not returned. Has he turned evil? The papers and radio sure seem to think so.

Naturally, it was actually the Faceless One in disguise with a few hidden gadgets to simulate any trademark powers. The heroes must track down the villain and clear the hero's name.

Miss Campaign City : A beauty pageant is in town, and a DNPC has been invited to compete (or even a player character if she would be likely to accept.) But there's a series of bizzare accidents and attacks, very flamboyant ones. This has all the earmarks of a Faceless One plot, but what's his motivation for attacking the pageant? And who's he disguised as? Surely even the Faceless One couldn't pass as a beauty queen....

• 2 months later...

Re: Reformed

That's easy as I'm a big fan of Thunderbolts (up until 3 issues ago).

The Beetle - Mach 1/2/3 (3 versions)

Screaming Meemee - Songbird

The Fixer - Techno

Goliath - Atlas

Baron Zemo - Citizen V

Moonstone - Meteorite

Hawkeye - no name change

Scarlet Witch

Quicksilver

Sandman reformed for a time as well.