What's the most ridiculous PC you've ever been subjected to?

nexus

Re: What's the most ridiculous PC you've ever been subjected to?

Ok, here's my 550 point mega-tank hero... bought 200 points disadvantages too. Fear his Amazing Tank Powers!!!

TANKBOY

(Tom Tompkins)

10/60* Str. 0

14 Dex. 12

10 Con. 0 CHA. Cost = 53

15/25* Body 10 Power Cost = 497

13 Int. 3 Total Cost = 550

11 Ego 2

15/40* Pre. 5 OCV = 5

14 Com. 2 DCV = 5

2/0 PD -1* ECV = 4

2/0 ED -1* Phases = 3,6,9,12

4 Spd. 16

4/10* Rec. 0

20 End. 5

30/0* Stun 0

Pts. Power

5 Instant Change

5 Can't Blind My Sensors: 5 points Vision Flash Defense, Hardened (+1/4), Only in Hero ID (-1/4)

8 Tough as a Tank: -5 Lack of Weakness vs. Normal and Resistant Defense, Only in Hero ID (-1/4)

51 Impenetrable Armor: 30rPD, 30rED Armor, Hardened; Power Has Reduced Effectiveness (20rPD, 20rED vs. all sides but front, -1/2), only in Hero ID (-1/4)

20 Shielded from EMP: 25 Points Power Defense; Only in Hero ID (-1/4)

48 Tough as a Tank (II): Takes No STUN; Only in Hero ID (-1/4)

8 Sensor Suite: Infrared Vision, Ultraviolet Vision, Only in Hero ID (-1/4)

12 Radar Array: Radar Sense; Only in Hero ID (-1/4)

40 Sealed Environmental Systems: Full Life Support, Inherent, Only in Hero ID (-1/4)

9 Doesn't Tire Easily: +6 REC.; Only in Hero ID (-1/4)

29 Strong as a Tank: +50 STR; Only in Hero ID (-1/4), Does Not Affect Figured Stats (-1/2)

20 0 END Cost for STR; Only in Hero ID (-1/2)

20 +25 PRE; Only in Hero ID (-1/4)

16 +10 Body; Only in Hero ID (-1/4)

10 +4†Running; Only in Hero ID (-1/4), 0 END Cost (+1/2)

96 Multipower (Weapons Systems) 120 Active Points; All Slots Are Only In Hero ID (-1/4)

9 u. Main Gun: 8d6 RKA vs. PD; Only in Hero ID (-1/4); 12 charges

9 u. Armor Piercing Shell: 5d6+1 RKA vs. PD; Armor Piercing (+1/2); Only in Hero ID (-1/4); 12 charges

9 u. Concussive Round: 5d6+1 RKA, AE:Hex (+1/2); Only in Hero ID (-1/4); 12 charges

9 u. Explosive Round: 5d6+1 RKA vs. PD; Explosion (+1/2); Only in Hero ID (-1/4); 12 charges

10 u. Heavy Machine Gun: 3d6 RKA, Autofire (5 shots) (+1/2), Only in Hero ID (-1/4); 250 charges (+1)

20 4 levels with Tank Weapon Systems

12 5 levels to offset Range Penalties; Only in Hero ID (-1/4)

7 KS: Military Hardware, PS: Mechanic; PS: Soldier

5 WF: Small Arms, Electronics

10 Base (Soda Shack + Hidden Mechanic Bay)

Disadvantages: Pts.

15 Psych Lim: Hears voices of ghosts of Michael Wittman and Nathan Bedford Forrest (common, strong)

20 Psych Lim: Unswerving Commitment to Freedom of All Men Everywhere (common)

15 Accidental Change (Turbo Teen Effect): Into Hero ID, when exposed to Tempera tures above 100 degrees or below 32 degrees, 11/less.

20 Physical Limitation: No Hands in Hero ID (common, total)

20 Physical Limitation: Cannot Swim or Jump in Hero ID (common)

15 Social Limitation (Secret Identity, Tom Tompkins)

25 DNPC: The Teen Gang (8x - it's a "gang", rignt?), Normal (?) (teenagers... sheesh), 11-

20 DNPC: Hottie Girlfriend, Normal, 11/less

20 Enraged whenever someone flirts with girlfriend (Common, cause she's a hottie), 14- (knee-jerk reaction), 14- ('so kay, I'm cool with it)

15 Hunted by T-X Experimental Russian Cyber-tank; Hunter is less powerful (everything is less powerful than Super-M1a), hunter has extensive non-combat influence (through international Russian mafya contacts), hunter appears 11- (not 14- - T-X sometimes has to go and blow people up in the

Caucuses, and af ter Super-M1a blows each one up, the next takes a certain amount if time to build), harshly punish (Boom! - it never works, but that's the idea)

10 Watched by Insurance Commision (less pow, NCI), 14/less

5 Rival: Professional and Romantic (Army-Navy jealousy, shore-leave conflicts over native sweeties); Rival is Less Powerful (only 10 Defense); Seeks to Outdo, Humiliate or Embarrass Rival (fielding more sailors for Army-Navy games etc.); Rival Aware of Rivalry (or course): 5pts.

Background/History:

Transformed by repeated exposure over extended periods to depleted Uranium rounds, Army Tank Mechanic Tom Tompkins now spends his days battling a never ending onslaught of experimental Russian cyber-tanks while fighting for the freedom of all men everywhere under the tutelage of his ghostly advisors (Michael Wittman and Nathan Bedford Forrest). Despite the pressures of his calling as Tankboy, he does his best to relax with his friends the Teen Gang at his secret maltshop/mechanic bay between adventures, keeping a low profile lest the insurance commision finally uncover his

secret identity!

Quote:

“No one is stronger than an Abrams Main Battle Tank!†and

“Brrrrrmmmmmmmmmâ€

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to be a tank!

This reminds me of a joke:

A man in the Army's infantry during WW2 was at the start of a battle and had no rifle. He ran over to his platoon sergeant and told him of the problem. "You don't need a rifle" said the sergeant. "Take this stick and you can shout Bang Bang!"

Within minutes, the soldier found himself on the front lines shouting

"Bang-bang" for all he was worth. One by one his fellow soldiers were killed or wounded until only Zimmerman himself remained standing. "Bang-bang!" he shouted, and was amazed to see his foes still falling. The soldier's wounded sergeant called to him, "You're our only hope. Get up and charge the enemy to drive them back." The soldier stood up and charged the enemy pointing his stick at them while shouting "Bang Bang." Astoundingly it worked.

About ten minutes later, the soldier returns to the sergeant's side and his crouched down hiding. "What's the matter?" the sergeant asked. "You were doing so well. Is the battle over?'

"No," the soldier responded. "There's a German up there saying 'Clankity, clank, I'm a tank'."

Hey it didnt work! All those depleted uranium rounds did was make my hair fall out and my skin all mushy. Well, that and I have been in some interesting discussions with the ghosts of Wittman and Nathan Bedford Forrest. There arent a whole lot we are unanimous. But one we have found so far is that all 3 of us agree the upcoming Star Wars movie is gonna suck.

You heard it here first Wittman and Forrest give it 2 non-corporeal thumbs down. :snicker:

Hmmm.... great ideas. So lemme see if this sounds right. Was thinking of buying "Instant Change" so I can make all the Tank Powers "only in hero ID" for the -1/4 Limitation (Tanks are expensive). And yes' date=' I'm really doing this... :nya: [/quote']

Nah, just buy Multiform, and have the second form be a vehicle. ;)

Psych Lim: Hears voices of ghosts of Michael Wittman and Nathan Bedford Forrest (common, strong)

Psych Lim: Unswerving Commitment to Freedom of All Men Everywhere (common)

Accidental Change (Turbo Teen Effect): Into Hero ID, when exposed to Temperatures above 100 degrees or below 32 degrees, 11/less.

Physical Limitation: No Hands in Hero ID (common, total)

Physical Limitation: Cannot Swim or Jump in Hero ID (common)

Social Limitation (Secret Identity, Tom Tompkins)

Hmmm... what else?

Distinctive Features (Tank)?

Physical Limitation (Very Large and Heavy)?

Reputation (Best Tank On The Planet)?

Hunted (Soviet Tanks)?

------

Extra inches of Running - Turn Mode (-1/4) :D

Two come to mind for me in games I've run:

1. Methane Man

Primary power: RKA, NND (Self contained breathing), does body, AE: Cone, No range, Only fires behind him, continuous.

And his sidekicks "Belchor" (same basic power, fires forward), "Gobbet" (phlegm entangler) and "The Amazing Snot Rocketeer" (not even going there.)

2. Crybaby

Tiny infant hero. Can't talk, can't understand anything, big, nasty sonic attack.

Not quite the most ridiculous, but definitely pretty far from what I'd expected:

I asked my players to come up with fairly standard superheroes, suitable for working well within a team. 4th Ed 250-pointers, nothing too off-base, no weird-weird-weird concepts. It was the first time I'd actually ran a proper campaign and I wanted as few surprises as possible till I got my feet under me.

One player gave me...

A renegade priest wanted by the Catholic church and viewed with suspicion by the police. :idjit:

A one-eyed alien with a pet spaceship, who was the anchorman on a news channel. :rolleyes:

A wheelchair-bound mystic with four alternate forms (based on the elements) each of which was a 250-point hero in his own right. :shock:

A wheelchair-bound mystic with four alternate forms (based on the elements) each of which was a 250-point hero in his own right. :shock:

This last one isn't too bad, It can work if the player doesn't play it wacky.

This last one isn't too bad' date=' It can work if the player doesn't play it wacky.[/quote']

The trouble was, the player was a number-crunching min-maxer. A good roleplayer, mind, but with a habit of squeezing the numbers till they bled. He'd load most of his powers with 2-3 levels of Disadvantages to trim the costs down.

The main character was wheelchair bound, but with virtually every mental skill a PC could ever need. The four multi-forms were horribly abusive in terms of rules-squeezing, and frankly this PC alone could probably have managed most adventures without needing a team along.

His air form, for example was invisible and intangible. The player tried to justify its huge double-KB attack by pointing out if did no damage; until I pointed out that an average hit would send most foes flying over 20' - and that would damn sure hurt if he made sure they hit a wall on the way...

A couple more that I remembered:

Bunny, a six-foot-tall humanoid white rabbit that rode a motorcycle and had mental powers and martial arts.

Koosh Lord, a man with four followers that looked like koosh balls. They could fly and fire weak energy blasts, and had a mind link back to him. His only power was to absorb incoming attacks and channel that energy (Aid) into his kooshes' attacks, over the mind link.

As a bonus, here's my favorite goofy power, from Koosh Lord's player:

Force Field; Incantations ("You can't get me! Neener, neener, neener!"), Gestures (Thumbing nose).

A couple more that I remembered:

And then there was that guy who went around talking to boxes of Trix cereal....

Oh wait, that was me!

:winkgrin:

To "Iuz The Evil" "Haunted by ghost of Nathan Bedford Forrest" and "Unswerving commitment to the freedom of all men everywhere" don't seem exactly compatable; given that Forrest made his fortune from trading slaves before the Civil War ! Still if i'm gonna be haunted by a Confederate general I would rather Forrest than Stuart I guess !

Ah, but it's his revulsion to the principles espoused by Forrest that drives him!

Actually, if you don't buy that one, the disadvantages are cobbled together out of the ramblings in this thread regarding Tank Boy. I put them all in there, pretty much whether they made sense or not.

I don't think there's any inherent contradiction... It's not like Tank Boy necessarily asked to be Haunted by Nathan Bedford Forrest. Indeed, it's pretty much a tradition that hauntings are at least mildly unpleasant, and that the brash, young, hot-headed hero will clash with any mentor foisted upon him by the Powers that Be. So, I think it makes perfect sense.

The only problem is "Herendir" (spelling looks wrong, sorry !) that Forrest could be as "brash" as any cavalry commander who served in the Civil War (although I don't think that he ever "got lost" like JEB Stuart !). From reading a biography that I have of him it sounds as if he repeatedly got away with attacks that noone in their right mind would have even contemplated !

To: " st barbara"

Okay, you know something about Forrest and Stuart, but don't you think you're overdoing it? The two disadvantages could work together because they're disadvantages. Someone could choose a psych lim of "CvK" and then a phys lim "haunted by seriel killer;" it would just lead to good roleplaying, if done right. (It's not like he chose Code vs Killing and used only a killing attack, or CvK with bloodthirsty.)

To: Everyone else

Please, more ridiculous PCs! Less derailment. :P

While this doesn't match the others posted:

I was in a game that was a Legion of Superheroes one. I created a Daxamite named Valor. :D Another player created a PC whose sole purpose was: to be better physically than my character. He used a lot of "Only in hero ID" so that he could save points and his 'normal' ID was that of a 10 year-old. By the end of that session the GM realized what the other player was doing and made him change the character.

in the Mid 80's I had the unfortnate experience to game along with M.F.

Yes that is short for M**** F***er

It was the worst Racial steriotype I had ever seen. The only power I remember him having was a sonic attack through a "Getto Blaster".

Truely Tasteless, I do remenber the other PC's having to Knock him out a few times. (with good IC rational! He was THAT offensive)

We had a Born Again Christian gamer who over many years ran a series of characters with no external genitalia' date=' in multiple short campaigns. The first two (a Lizard Man and an Android) were fine, but then came [b']the Viet-Nam Vet with the terrible injury[/b], and the mutant who had his privates fall off when hi power manifested...

"Yes, Private Johnson was fine until he got separated from his unit..."

Thumper. He was a scientist who'd developed a super serum that gave him a Multiform. The scientist had 5 STR and 60 INT, and because of conservation of energy, the other form had 60 STR and 5 INT (typical brick with Superleap). When he went looking for a superhero costume, the only costume the shop had in stock was a giant pink bunny costume.

I myself created Kangaroo. Origin was a fairly typical "stole a power armor suit from Viper" thing. When he got a good look at the suit, it was in the shape of a purple kangaroo.