What's the most ridiculous PC you've ever been subjected to?

nexus

Re: What's the most ridiculous PC you've ever been subjected to?

Well in the first battle, he showed himself to be the main threat and the villains took him out first. Once he was down, the rest of the villain crew that I had ramped up to match the hero group with this PC in it, had no problem taking out the rest of the group. One character had his character killed while the offending player had his armor stripped from him and he died without it. What really hurt is that now a very strong mastermind has an even stronger suit of armor he can wear completely unbalancing the entire game.

I could have salvaged it I guess with some lame excuse (oh the suit blew up when the mastermind was testing it) but it just felt wrong and the campaign that I spent weeks preparing has now gone by the wayside as none of us have deemed it fun enough to bring back. I guess it was as much my own fault and failure as a GM for even allowing the guy in the first place.

May I humbly suggest that your failure was not simply allowing that character?

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Champsguy

Presented for your perusal (upgraed to Fifth)

Three thoughts:

1. This character is inefficient. A 12 Int? What the hell is that for? You should have smacked the player for wasting points.

2. The player belongs in that group of internet authors your sig mentions.

10 Physical Limitation: Easily aroused (Frequently; Slightly Impairing)

3. This disad is worth points? Woo-hoo! I just went up in point totals! Time for that extra point of Speed.

One of my friends has had the, "My character lives here and never leaves" character submitted so many times, he has a name for it: a hobbit.

He has a LOT of stories. Basically, two of his players like to come up with the most interesting concept they can, then try to build it. They're a married couple. Their combined creativity is pretty bizarre.

One incarnation the guy in that couple came up with that I actually saw (sort of) was Spiders. He was a scientist who'd transformed himself into 500 spiders, each with a 1/2d6 energy drain and 1/2d6 presence attack. They each had Teamwork.

He was wiped out completely with an area attack.

PROPHYLACTUS! -- He had a prehensile penis with Stretching (and a complete multi-power of "prehensile penis" tricks). Eventually a super-archer NPC got fed up and pinned his prehensile penis to the road with an arrow.

Guest Champsguy

It's the "sleight of hand" on the prehensile clitoris that actually made me laugh out loud.

To accurately represent a woman, it should have 18- Stealth.

I've seen a few really bad ones thanks to running a game at a male only university, including one unnamed character who's outfit was picked from a Fredricks of Hollywood catalog. And the usual 'Sits in a room someplace and uses his telescopic vision to follow the group around and his ego attack to blast people in combat. He can't talk to the group, he simply attacks people.'

The funniest was the Blob. 60 Defenses with damage reduction as well. 6" of movement. Stretching on a tiny NND killing attack. And 0 presence in a 3rd Edition game where Presence attacks still used the multiplier table, so a roll of 3 on 1d6 would be enough to get 4x effect. Ouch.

I've had some amusing ones proposed to me... usually by the same player.

There was a particular chain of character ideas that eventually led up to Battle Bear, the charactrer he ended up playing... I don't remember any of them in particular, sadly... there was one who could change the color of things... and not much else... the only really good one that I remember was when he was coming up with characters for a Feng Shui game I was running... The Dental Assassin. He couldn't decide whether he was an assassin who posed as a dentist, or someone who killed Dentists, but it did involve a lot of silly assassination methods. :)

The absolute worst I've seen was Captain Sheep, but I'm too ashamed to post that here.

Another character, not as ridiculous as useless, was Black Hole. An alien lifeform like a floating ball of black energy that shoots black energy. Coudn't talk human languages. Came to Earth for no reason. Followed the PCs for no reason. And with that name, he was the butt of jokes.

Polpo. A sentient, psionic squid. Lived in a plastic bag full of water and was carried around by an NPC. Only breathed water and died when a stray bullet punctured the plastic bag.

Mako Dragonshark the Cyber-Ninja. Son of a Chinese Dragon and an Hindi Rakhasa, abducted at a young age by a clan of Japanese ninjas who raised him as their own. Again abducted by an evil American technological corporation that turned him into a cyborg, thus activating his dormant psionic powers. With said powers he took control of the evil corp.

He was a wizard-dragon-rakhasa-ninja-cyborg-psionic-millionaire. Too bad he wasn't a pirate too. Despite being unbelievably munchkined, he was an utterly inefficient build with a few dozen powers, all of them useless. He relied on his many Followers in combat.

Months later, the same player submitted me another character with the very same name, this time for a game of Justifiers (anthropomorphic sci-fi exploration). His genetic makeup was 20% Human, 20% Great White Shark, 20% Eagle, 20% Siberian Tiger, 20% Komodo Dragon. Don't ask me what he was supposed to look like, I just don't know. But he was a Ninjutsu master. And a cyborg. And wore a Power Armor. And was a Space Pirate.

Why? Are you "that" Andrew Gibson? If not' date=' don't worry about it. If you are, or it [i']does[/i] bother you, ask Ben Seeman or Dan Simon to change your user ID for you to something else.

Edit: Southern Cross beat me to the "ID change" suggestion, I see!

I'm not that Andrew Gibson no, and it doesn't bother me on the boards, I was referred to in real life. A.J.Gibson works pretty well. it could be worse, I could be John Smith. I'm already established on RPGnet under this name, so I don't think I want to change now that a few people actually know me.

And the amount of damage a barbarian does to toilet depends on what he last ate. :)

A character based on Silent Bob. Quite possibly even named "Silent Bob." With jedi powers. He even had a lightsaber. In Vampire: The Masquerade.

Dude, that would be such a sweet Malkavian character... :thumbup:

PROPHYLACTUS! -- He had a prehensile penis with Stretching (and a complete multi-power of "prehensile penis" tricks). Eventually a super-archer NPC got fed up and pinned his prehensile penis to the road with an arrow.

:jawdrop::eek: Dude, was that necessary? :nonp:

I've had some amusing ones proposed to me... usually by the same player.

There was a particular chain of character ideas that eventually led up to Battle Bear, the charactrer he ended up playing... I don't remember any of them in particular, sadly... there was one who could change the color of things... and not much else... the only really good one that I remember was when he was coming up with characters for a Feng Shui game I was running... The Dental Assassin. He couldn't decide whether he was an assassin who posed as a dentist, or someone who killed Dentists, but it did involve a lot of silly assassination methods. :)

Sounds like that character from the old MAD magazine superhero special, the Hitman. His tag line was: "He'll make you die laughing, or whatever other method comes to mind."

I got a former Navy Seal with mystical tattoos ( I have no idea how he got them) submitted for my BRITTISH CITIZEN ONLY campaign. I just kept thinking about Pete's dancing lady tattoo and what it would do if it was magical.