Marvel Second Stringers. Help me out.

Enforcer84

Re: Marvel Second Stringers. Help me out.

the protector of the universe is no second stringer...

He just needs Waid to write him a new book.

-Complete Quasar Run cooling in boxes at home.-

Torpedo made a guest appearance in New Warriors, or some kid in the Galadornian armor did. Yep add Torpedo II in for some speedster action. :thumbup:

Hawksmoor

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're looking for a good 'energy blaster' give Alison blaire, aka Dazzler a shot.

She is a capable character in the right hands, and she REALLY needs to get away from the X-Men (and especially away from the dorky Mojoverse stuff).

But definitely Dazzler.

Y'know, last I saw of Dazzler myself was a few years ago in the final couple issues of Deadpool, pre-Agent X storyline. She was back in the skintight silver and belting out the disco again. Hired Deadpool 'cause some nutter with a gun and a mad-on for disco music was making death threats. Despite her reassociation with disco in that story, I was glad to see her free of the Mojoverse dreck.

Of course, the problem is that any second stringer can become a first run character with minimal notice.

Spider Woman is mentioned above, and she would be a great flying Energy Projector for the second string team a few months ago. Now that she's in the New Avengers lineup, I don't know that she's a second stringer any more.

Quasar, also noted above, was an avenger with his own title a few years back, but use over the past few years would make him a second stringer at present, at least in my opinion.

And you just know as soon as your second stringer roster is set, one of them will get a first run book, which will change everything you've done with the character :weep:

But definitely Dazzler.

Where's a write-up of Dazzler I can look at?

Edit: Silly humans slow, Hulk will smash!

Found one on my own. It was want I expected.

MP:

1. Mega Flash (only 10d6, but that counts for my game).

2. EB with AP (laser, should have been a RKA IMO).

3. Simple Images.

Not a lot to work with there.

The flash works or it doesn't, the images is fun but shouldn't be a major combat occurance. And you don't want to go around using a AP Kill all the time unless it's a rather bloody campaign. The EB blast version is ok, but that doesn't seem to fit the character concept IMO.

At best, a one-trick support character. Likely why she dropped out of the limelight in the comics. I understand however that she's returning to a X-Men title soon.

How about Crystar, the Crystal warrior?

He wandered into Dr. Strange's house once and almost wound up causing it to be burned to the ground.

The guy wouldn't be worth much in a fight, but he's *definitely* second stringer material. Or maybe towel boy...

Second Stringers, eh?

Okay ... how about: A new Dr. Druid, Triathalon/3D Man, Photon I/Captain Marvel II (Monica Rambieau), Living Lightning, Espirita, Gilgamesh, Warcry, Rage, Spider Woman II or III and Stingray :)

There was nothing second string about Photon. Huge power level. Former chairwoman of the Avengers. She may not have been the most popular character, but in terms of ability, she's a first stringer all the way.

I think Stingray, Darkhawk, and Moon Knight are all good suggestions. But you might look at some of the Nightstalkers too. Especially now that Dr. Strange has the Darkhold.

Gilgamesh is dead.

I though that Silver Claw had potential if they could ever figure out how to use her properly.

So what do you plan to do with these second-stringers' date=' oh Master?[/quote']

nothing really, I occasionally futz with the idea of a marvel game but the comics themselves tend to frustrate me so that I feel changing some big parts of the campaign world would alleviate that as well as reduce players' expectations and "familiarity" factor so that one could still surprise them.

This would be one of those teams. A well funded, run, and organized team built around their own strengths and operating away from the usual hotbed of Marvel Activity.

There was nothing second string about Photon. Huge power level. Former chairwoman of the Avengers. She may not have been the most popular character' date=' but in terms of ability, she's a first stringer all the way. [/Quote']

I agree, but for my purposes she'd be fine.

I think Stingray, Darkhawk, and Moon Knight are all good suggestions. But you might look at some of the Nightstalkers too. Especially now that Dr. Strange has the Darkhold. [/Quote]

true, and Stingray would work for the seaside aspects as well as being a good "tech guy"

Gilgamesh is dead.

[/Quote]

like that ever stopped anyone :D

I though that Silver Claw had potential if they could ever figure out how to use her properly.

Me too. And I had also forgotten about her. So I have quite a few non bricks to choose from now!

Then there's the Jacakrabbit guy...

I've discovered this thread only now but I'd like to throw in some suggestion just to amuse myself ( and I hope the others...).

Stingray: Marvelous ( I know that has already been suggested) and moreover is a tech genius and can be helpful..but if you prefer you can cover the aquatic realm with Namorita...so nineties !!

Machine-Man: I don't know if it's still around but it is a great character with lot of gadgets. Plus you got the human heart inside the machine thing to roleplay...

Puck The jumping dwarf of the Alpha Flight ( is it still alive ??) is a powerful character from a player point of view but it has also that magical touch that is entertaining

Daimon Hellstorm I think that it was involved in some of the craziest stories with the Defenders but a subsequent miniserie put him back in the map. Is a powerful dark character that should be good for all the magic and mystical issues of the team.

Jack of Heart I know that they kill him but a new character with the same power would be very interesting ( the isolation room, the tormented soul, the involontary hero...great RPG)

Night Trasher Perfect for a grim character without falling into the frenzied killer. Lot of gadgets, bad attitude and an overall good look. Maybe you can cut the lame skateboard.

Here are the first names that i found suitable but I'm sure that a good night sleep and some browsing through my collection can find something else.

If you need it...

Ciao

Most of these have been named, but I’m gonna say ‘em again because I like ‘em:

Doc Samson, The Shroud, Stingray, Paladin, Gargoyle, Quasar, Blue Shield, Falcon (is he a second-stringer?), Moon Knight (except he’s such the ‘ultimate’ second-stringer he may be too popular), American Eagle, Photon (Captain Marvel II), Andromeda (of the old “New Defendersâ€), Thunderstrike, Black Knight (Dane Whitman…he still around?), Battlestar, White Tiger (the woman who just discovered her powers in recent Daredevil issues), Cloak & Dagger, El Aguila, Crimson Commando (anyone remember him?), Firebird, Valkyrie…

Oh, and Wolverine.