Your "2005" Pet Gaming Projects

TheQuestionMan

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Your "2005" Pet Gaming Projects

So like the man said "So' date=' what do you have cooking that gets your mojo going?"[/quote']Currently i'm working on a conversion from R.talsorian Games' Cyberpunk 2020 to Hero for a "summer-adventure" (few month, maybe reused in future by my CP2020 master or myself)

Some time, i'me resurrecting my project about a Champions-like campaign, but is still working in progress (even 'cause no one want to play it.. :()

New idea i'm working is a "just-a-few-shots" project, i mean: a party formed by casual gamer in con and like, who play a session; in a successive con i can play second chapter with old player (who run first chapter) and new player; so i can create a LARGE superhero group, where only someone can play game in one single session, and nobody play ALL session, just few of it

But this is too work in progress

I will be glad to post here my work, but...

is all in italian, so... i think are a language barrier...

I don't like replying to me but...

This is some work i've done for CP2020 conversion in CybHerOpunk2021

all file are in italian, but mechanical stats are in english so you can enjoy it

Cyberware are work in progress; i hope to finish it in few days; missed Hand/Feet option, Finger option and Independent Cyberhand; missed Exotics too and few items more complicated (i leave this to last...)

Weapons are many Pistols, SMG and Rifles; Heavy and Exotic Weapons are work in progress (much "work", lesser "in progress"... :P); Armor and Encumbrance rules are detailed in "weapons_rules" but all in italian, so i'd think is'nt too useful...

I hope you can use them and you like them :)

I get a 404 error message.

And so did I.

Hmmm. Not sure how that happened, but the link has been truncated to:

http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/markdo...troduction.html

Here’s the full link.

http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/markdoc/gothick_empires/ge_introduction.html

Cheers, Mark

I've got two in the works:

1. A '[Post/Transhuman]Cyberpunk' setting:
    http://home.pacbell.net/arcady0/SciFi/
    'Dystopian Hard-Science drama onboard a giant space station in orbit around Jupiter'

Inspired by the tail last few minutes of a dream I had the night before I started writing, it's managed to bust out over 80 pages now. By writing it in book form - and posting it in a PDF - I've managed to stay focused and keep my vision intact. That's something I was unable to do with my fantasy setting which I've always approached as a website of random thoughts, resulting in a randomly scattered setting that I feel, but haven't managed to express.

The PostCyberpunk setting however has come together wonderfully.

It's game system tailored to Ex Machina, because there is no Cyber Hero anymore and because Ex Machina is does the net right in one of its two cyberspace systems...

2. As a result of project one, you get project two:

A new Lifepath generator for the 'cyber' genres, in beta version:

http://home.pacbell.net/arcady0/SciFi/lifepath.html

Over the next few days I'll be customizing it for multiple different 'subgenres' of Cyberpunk, with a present plan to do '80s Gamer Cybperunk', 'Classic Literary Cybperunk', 'PostCyberpunk, and 'Transhuman'.

That said, feedback and ideas for data I could add are appreciated.

The present version tailors to hard science Post/Transhuman (meaning no true-AIs but other Transhuman themes present), the basis of my own setting.

That said, the present project for me is adding toggles for the subgenres of:

80's gamer Cyberpunk
    Post Cyberpunk
    Transhuman
    Fantasypunk
    Lit-punk
    Mosquito

Where Mosquito is my own setting (Cyberpunk on a giant space station in orbit around Jupiter - see my sig for the 80+ page PDF download...), and Lit-punk will be based off of what kinds of people show up in the non-gaming literature. Fantasypunk will be a straight copy of the Shadowrun norms...

This toggle will probably take a few days to get perfect.

Added Arkady's Cyberpunk-ish/Transhuman Campaign Setting ("Dystopian Hard-Science drama onboard a giant space station in orbit around Jupiter")

http:// http://home.pacbell.net/arcady0/SciFi/

And New Lifepath Generator for the 'cyber' genres, in beta version:

http:// http://home.pacbell.net/arcady0/SciFi/lifepath.html

Thanks

QM

P.S.: I would love a Review of Ex Machina & Tranhuman Space

• 2 weeks later...

As a way of recharging my creative batteries, the muses have moved me start on "Star Hero Adventures". I've sent a proposal in to Steve to see if there's any interest, but even if there isn't at this time, it'll be a good exercise for me. If nothing else, it may turn into a large series of Digital Hero articles. It's sort of Villany Amok for Star Hero.

The first few sections, which are just thoughts at this point, are

SECTION ONE: Adventures In Time and Space

Chapter One: In Memory Of, covers the classic dead civilization scenario.

Chapter Two: Time And Again, covers the classic time loop scenario.

Chapter Three: It’s Just An Interphase, covers the interphase or dimensional rip story.

Chapter Four: We Aren’t Supposed To Be Here, covers the alternate universe scenario.

Chapter Five: Save The Past, covers the travel back in time to fix things scenario.

SECTION TWO: Aliens

Chapter Six: Alien Manipulations, covers alien illusions and manipulation scenario. [Man Trap, Day of the Dove, Wolf In The Fold, etc.]

Chapter Seven: With Power Comes…, covers the powerful alien scenario. [squire of Gothos, Organians, etc.]

Chapter Eight: No Longer Human, covers the transition scenario [What Are Little Girls Made Of, Metamorphosis, Charlie X, etc.]

Chapter Nine: First Contact, covers the tense First Contact scenarios [Corbomite Maneuver, Spectre of the Gun, etc.]

There's more in my head, but it hasn't formed words for the ideas yet.

Here's a small excerpt from the first chapter, prior to edits of course, just as a whet your whistle kind of thing.

CHAPTER ONE: IN MEMORY OF

<1>DEAD CIVILIZATION ENCOUNTERS

The discovery of civilizations that developed, thrived, and then died out long before man reached the stars is one of the standards of science fiction. It’s a facet of science fiction that speaks to the vastness of time and space. These extinct civilizations are often mysterious, lending a sense of wonder, and sometimes terror, to a story.

A dead civilization may be encountered by accident, its remnants discovered while exploring a previously unexplored world. There may be legends about the dead civilization, and the legends may lead to searches for lost cities and expeditions of treasure hunts. Remains of the dead civilization – probes, robots, etc. – may wander about and discover the characters by accident.

Often, the dead civilization has something of value – information, art and treasure, ancient technology – and this something of value causes problems. There may be others after the same valuables, there may be an ancient guardian protecting the valuables, or the valuables may take on a life of their own with ideas contrary to what the characters had in mind.

<2>DEAD CIVILIZATION BASICS

First consider what kind of civilization it was. Was it peaceful and artistic, or militaristic conquerors? Did they travel the stars or never leave the confines of their world? Did they have enemies that wiped them out, or were they victims of a natural disaster? Each type of encounter is different; compare And The Children Shall Lead (ST:TOS) and its horror component to The Inner Light (ST:TNG) and its romantic component.

<2>PLAYERS SEEKING DEAD CIVILIZATIONS

Player characters may be seeking a dead civilization for a number or reasons. Decide what it is about the dead civilization that the characters need or want.

<5>Buried Treasure

The dead civilization may have been quite wealthy, either from its artistic or technological abilities, or from the acquisition of wealth from other civilizations. Star Trek’s Iconians and Traveller’s Sky Pirates are examples of wealth through piracy.

I never know what the muses are going to inspire me to write, which is fun but troublesome too. It also means that Master of Orion Hero, Arcanum Hero, etc. are low priority to my creative energies this year, since the muses moved me in a different direction.

As a way of recharging my creative batteries, the muses have moved me start on "Star Hero Adventures". I've sent a proposal in to Steve to see if there's any interest, but even if there isn't at this time, it'll be a good exercise for me. If nothing else, it may turn into a large series of Digital Hero articles. It's sort of Villany Amok for Star Hero.

The first few sections, which are just thoughts at this point, are

SECTION ONE: Adventures In Time and Space

Chapter One: In Memory Of, covers the classic dead civilization scenario.

Chapter Two: Time And Again, covers the classic time loop scenario.

Chapter Three: It’s Just An Interphase, covers the interphase or dimensional rip story.

Chapter Four: We Aren’t Supposed To Be Here, covers the alternate universe scenario.

Chapter Five: Save The Past, covers the travel back in time to fix things scenario.

SECTION TWO: Aliens

Chapter Six: Alien Manipulations, covers alien illusions and manipulation scenario. [Man Trap, Day of the Dove, Wolf In The Fold, etc.]

Chapter Seven: With Power Comes…, covers the powerful alien scenario. [squire of Gothos, Organians, etc.]

Chapter Eight: No Longer Human, covers the transition scenario [What Are Little Girls Made Of, Metamorphosis, Charlie X, etc.]

Chapter Nine: First Contact, covers the tense First Contact scenarios [Corbomite Maneuver, Spectre of the Gun, etc.]

There's more in my head, but it hasn't formed words for the ideas yet.

Here's a small excerpt from the first chapter, prior to edits of course, just as a whet your whistle kind of thing.

CHAPTER ONE: IN MEMORY OF

<1>DEAD CIVILIZATION ENCOUNTERS

The discovery of civilizations that developed, thrived, and then died out long before man reached the stars is one of the standards of science fiction. It’s a facet of science fiction that speaks to the vastness of time and space. These extinct civilizations are often mysterious, lending a sense of wonder, and sometimes terror, to a story.

A dead civilization may be encountered by accident, its remnants discovered while exploring a previously unexplored world. There may be legends about the dead civilization, and the legends may lead to searches for lost cities and expeditions of treasure hunts. Remains of the dead civilization – probes, robots, etc. – may wander about and discover the characters by accident.

Often, the dead civilization has something of value – information, art and treasure, ancient technology – and this something of value causes problems. There may be others after the same valuables, there may be an ancient guardian protecting the valuables, or the valuables may take on a life of their own with ideas contrary to what the characters had in mind.

<2>DEAD CIVILIZATION BASICS

First consider what kind of civilization it was. Was it peaceful and artistic, or militaristic conquerors? Did they travel the stars or never leave the confines of their world? Did they have enemies that wiped them out, or were they victims of a natural disaster? Each type of encounter is different; compare And The Children Shall Lead (ST:TOS) and its horror component to The Inner Light (ST:TNG) and its romantic component.

<2>PLAYERS SEEKING DEAD CIVILIZATIONS

Player characters may be seeking a dead civilization for a number or reasons. Decide what it is about the dead civilization that the characters need or want.

<5>Buried Treasure

The dead civilization may have been quite wealthy, either from its artistic or technological abilities, or from the acquisition of wealth from other civilizations. Star Trek’s Iconians and Traveller’s Sky Pirates are examples of wealth through piracy.

I never know what the muses are going to inspire me to write, which is fun but troublesome too. It also means that Master of Orion Hero, Arcanum Hero, etc. are low priority to my creative energies this year, since the muses moved me in a different direction.

Damn Nice work.

REPed

QM

• 2 weeks later...