Herophile Fantasy art

AmadanNaBriona

Re: Herophile Fantasy art

This is a revamp of one of the maps for my ancient and creaking fantasy campaign world, that I've been using off and on since the early eighties. It was originally done with ink and watercolour, but I've scanned it and tittivated it up a bit in Photoshop and CorelDraw. Now that the basic work is done, it should be a piece of cake to make any campaign-relevant updates as needed.

http://mojobob.com/roleplay/hero/fantasy/highfantasyhero/maps/north.pdf

The link points to a PDF file, about 775 kilobytes. If you're interested in what the original looked like, the scans are on my site too.

That is really nice! You're not trying to take Keith "witty banter" Curtis' job, are you?

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, if he were to mysteriously fall under a bus..... :)

But seriously, I don't think he's in any danger from me. Apart from anything else, I've found that making a living from a hobby is a double-edged sword; it can be a lot of fun, but if it turns into a chore then it just sucks all the fun right back out, and then you've lost a perfectly good hobby. I'm not saying that I'll never, ever do any RPG illustration, but I'd be reluctant unless the terms and deadlines made it fun rather than a big drag.

Someone once said "Clients can become friends, but friends shouldn't become clients". That's how I feel about gaming and work.

• 2 weeks later...

That's not too bad at all, and pretty much as I imagined him. My only quibble would be with the huge falchion; Smirnoff's weapon of choice was a huge +4 two-handed lochaber axe. Mind you, I can't really complain -- when I drew him I gave him a puny longsword and dagger :)

This is a revamp of one of the maps for my ancient and creaking fantasy campaign world' date=' that I've been using off and on since the early eighties. It was originally done with ink and watercolour, but I've scanned it and tittivated it up a bit in Photoshop and CorelDraw. Now that the basic work is done, it should be a piece of cake to make any campaign-relevant updates as needed.[/quote']

Holy ****

Nice Poser work, as usual!

Here's the cover to the Caleon Campaign Notebooks my players will be receiving soon!

The Green Haired Fellow is a Vug (or Troll) the large grey gentleman is a Jhuniz (or Ogre) and the young lady is Arela "RavynShadoe Dethgayte" Kinivan, a follower of the Chaos Lord Arkoon.

Nice Poser work, as usual!

Here's the cover to the Caleon Campaign Notebooks my players will be receiving soon!

The Green Haired Fellow is a Vug (or Troll) the large grey gentleman is a Jhuniz (or Ogre) and the young lady is Arela "RavynShadoe Dethgayte" Kinivan, a follower of the Chaos Lord Arkoon.

That's a great idea!

Would you mind if I stole the concept for my Western Shores campaign?

That's a great idea!

Would you mind if I stole the concept for my Western Shores campaign?

Which concept? The notebook cover? DO IT! We should all have cool artwork to inspire the players!

Do you have photoshop? Do you need assistance of any sort? I'm currently laying out the pages for Caleon (it will wiegh in at about 200 pages, I'm hoping) and I know nothing about layout... so I might be awhile...

But I could send you the .psd's .... Ooh... look for another post soon...

Here's another one... hopefully a better one... that Demon is hard to pose sometimes... he kept intersecting the windows...

Dang! I turn away from the board for just one day!

Those are great! And I didn't get you anything :(

It was the idea of a cover for the campaign - I've given each player a folder with plastic sheets, with various printouts, player aids and things (including their character sheets) - as most of the players had never done Hero before. I was thinking of doing some artwork for it to distinguish it.

I do have Photoshop (and would have done the covers if I'd been given a chance :P )

What font did you use for that title? I've made a logo over on the Wiki pages on RPG.net site for Western Shores - but I like yours better. I can updated the Wiki logo to fit.

http://wiki.rpg.net/index.php/WS:Main_Page

How's this?

Call it a Christmas Present... Any changes? Like... oh... your name? Different font? Something less misogynistic? Whatever you like.

Oooh - requests, even better :)

I know you're limited by the models you have available, but if you could-

A glowing gem the size of a football

Tyranids outside the castle wall (or a horde of demons) - some wallpaper image would do - from the Warhammer site.

Characters for the foreground-

A dark elf sorceress/queen as the antagonist (with pale to white skin)

The heroes are-

A slightly arabic looking fighter with two scimitars

An old noble mage

A flamboyant bard

A one eyed, heavily scarred from burns, pale skinned priest

And either a two-headed red furry beast (werewolf or similar) - or a red headed commoner/peasant - whichever is easier.

Oh, and name definately. To save you looking up my profile - Peter Cobcroft

And I owe you lots!