Herophile Fantasy art

AmadanNaBriona

Re: Herophile Fantasy art

and another - this is just a doodle; playing around with the clothing and jewellery. It's something I often do but I liked this picture enough to keep it.

Now that I've got it all fitting and moving properly, I need to make decent textures for it :P

cheers, Mark

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well then, here's a headline piece from the website for my new FH game. I'm doing one picture for each of the important pages which runs across the top, to kind of set the mood.

cheers, Mark

Wow! That is really nice! What's your sites URL?

Wow! That is really nice! What's your sites URL?

Heh. I'll tell you in a couple of days - when I've gotten it worked out myself - it's a new site, to host a game which is just starting up, on space kindly provided by BBlackmoor and nothing's been loaded up as yet. I hope to get it up this weekend.

In the meantime here's a picture I threw together last night, for another of the pages...

cheers, Mark

Heh. I'll tell you in a couple of days - when I've gotten it worked out myself - it's a new site, to host a game which is just starting up, on space kindly provided by BBlackmoor and nothing's been loaded up as yet. I hope to get it up this weekend.

In the meantime here's a picture I threw together last night, for another of the pages...

cheers, Mark

Thanks! I will look forward to it.

Just threw together. :rolleyes::thumbup: That is a beautiful pic and definitely makes me want to know more about the scene.

Thanks! I will look forward to it.

Just threw together. :rolleyes::thumbup: That is a beautiful pic and definitely makes me want to know more about the scene.

Actually there's a reason I wrote "just threw together" - the first scene is 100% 3D. The waves, town, mountains, clouds, etc are all models, and it involves a fair number of them (several hundred, in fact). The only photoshop work is the sea-foam. It's more satisfying to do it like that - this is a hobby after all, and I like the challenge of making models and generally messing about trying to make it "look real". But it's also more work - the sea and ship image took two evenings to do, most of which was spent on trying to get a sea that didn't look like curdled jello (and I learned a fair bit, in the process).

The Forest Man image, in contrast took about an hour - during part of which I was making dinner. It's a simply a photo of forest plopped on a backdrop, with a couple of tree models and a priest of the Forest Man in the foreground. I didn't even spend very much tme on lighting - all the lighting colouring, shading etc was done in photoshop afterwards.

It's the difference between building a movie set and doing a blue-screen shoot, I guess. I *am* pleased with the way it turned out, though!

Next image (tonight) will be a Temple and some priests of the other religion.

cheers, Mark

Awsome Mark!

Here's all I have at the moment as far as new stuff goes. Gen Analysis was boring today so I worked on session. This is the Jepal Orb, the item our thief needs to steal, our detective needs to find, and our freelancer needs to keep out of thier possesion.

It's one of a set of 13.

Mark' date=' for a backgound for a quick pic, here is one I found on another thread.[/quote']

Dang! That's nice. Consider it stolen :D

And here's the promised pic of a priest of the Twelve. It's OK, but I may redo it when I get home (I'm in Ethiopia right now) - I'm not that pleased with it. Still, right now I have nothing better to do than post it (late at night in the slum quarter, ya know...).

cheers, Mark

• 3 weeks later...

Markdoc' date=' sorry if you've already answered, but what program do you use for those pics?[/quote']

The figures are generated in a program called Poser (I use version 6) which is specifically designed to produce images of humans and animals. The more complex program is called Bryce (I use version 5), which is designed specifically for "environmental" settings.

There's a whole variety of similar programs, but these two are among the most popular simply because they have relatively easy learning curve and *relatively* low entry price. We're talking a couple of hundred to get started, but I've spent several hundred of dollars on this in the last 5-6 years - and I've been lucky in that I have been able to win hundreds of dollars of cool stuff as prizes in competitions for this kind or art.

cheers, Mark

• 2 weeks later...

Here's two more for ya'll to enjoy, the first is just random Eye-Candy, the second is a PC I'm playing in a PbP game and his DNPC

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a285/Katal3/DeamonSiblings2.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a285/Katal3/Siren_sized.jpg

This is a revamp of one of the maps for my ancient and creaking fantasy campaign world, that I've been using off and on since the early eighties. It was originally done with ink and watercolour, but I've scanned it and tittivated it up a bit in Photoshop and CorelDraw. Now that the basic work is done, it should be a piece of cake to make any campaign-relevant updates as needed.

http://mojobob.com/roleplay/hero/fantasy/highfantasyhero/maps/north.pdf

The link points to a PDF file, about 775 kilobytes. If you're interested in what the original looked like, the scans are on my site too.

In my spare-time game world project, there's a weird thing, created by magic, that is half-alligator and half-horse (a play on the boasts of American frontier era boatmen and woodsmen).

This is the first thing I've drawn in about 20 years or so. The general crudity of my untutored technique works fairly well in this context, because it ends up looking like one of those crappy 17th century drawings made by explorers. I ran it through Picasa to give it that sepia look old drawings generally seem to have.

I'll post again in another 20 years when the muse strikes me again.

In my spare-time game world project, there's a weird thing, created by magic, that is half-alligator and half-horse (a play on the boasts of American frontier era boatmen and woodsmen).

This is the first thing I've drawn in about 20 years or so. The general crudity of my untutored technique works fairly well in this context, because it ends up looking like one of those crappy 17th century drawings made by explorers. I ran it through Picasa to give it that sepia look old drawings generally seem to have.

I'll post again in another 20 years when the muse strikes me again.

That's fantastic! Some peasant comes up to the PCs and says "Please Help, this thing is attacking our village........

PCs: More details! And How Much?

Peasant: I never got too near it!, and I'm just a peasant.