Herophile Fantasy art

AmadanNaBriona

Re: Herophile Fantasy art

Here's the companion to the map of the Northlands I posted a little while ago; this time the southern half of the campaign area. It's a PDF, about 1.1 MB, and it's still a work in progress (though mostly complete)

Very nice... is that hand drawn, for the most part? I do see some photoshop work, but it looks largely hand-made...

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I puzzle over the layout of Curufea's Campaign Cover... (that font is "First Order Regular" and a liberal helping of Superblade Pro...Old Silver setting, I think)

Here's a sample from the Magic Gear Section of the Caleon Campaign Book... the Rust Orb.

Rust Orb

Only one of these terrors exists (thank the Gods Below) when activated, its greenish beam corrodes armor.

Rust Orb: Multipower, 50-point reserve

U Narrow Beam: Dispel Armor 11d6, Area Of Effect (One Hex; +1/2) (49 Active Points); Independent (-2), OAF (-1), 4 Charges (-1), Only Affects Metal Armors (-1/2), Real Weapon (- 1/4), Beam (-1/4)

U Wide Beam: Dispel Armor 8d6, Area Of Effect (2" Radius; +1) (48 Active Points); Independent (-2), OAF (-1), 4 Charges (-1), Only Affects Metal Armors (-1/2), Real Weapon (-1/4), Beam (-1/4)

Very nice... is that hand drawn' date=' for the most part? I do see some photoshop work, but it looks largely hand-made...[/quote']

Yes, it was originally done in pen and inks, about 1980-ish. I didn't take any account then of geopolitics or anything like that, so now I'm finding it a bit problematic overlaying that stuff without retconning old campaign events :)

I posted this in my usual thread of Champions art... but since it really is more fantasy oriented... thought I would contribute.

A couple of fantasy pics. First is a private commission for mr. potatohed's brother... a fantasy paladin with serious overatures to Roman centurion trappings. I particularly liked the idea that the clients had come up with of the "phantom" sword, The idea of it being broken in the character's history, but then taking on an eldritch life of its own (and hence, still useable) is just kinda cool.

CaelisloRs.jpg

Then, a doodle for my own campaign, the Realms. This is Toris Bel. A character of R.'s, but hasn't been used for a long time, getting dusted off and off to have adventures in Waterdeep. Since it is a drug indictment story are, we are jokingly calling it Waterdeep Vice.

TorisBelloRes.jpg

A couple of fantasy pics. First is a private commission for mr. potatohed's brother... a fantasy paladin with serious overatures to Roman centurion trappings. I particularly liked the idea that the clients had come up with of the "phantom" sword, The idea of it being broken in the character's history, but then taking on an eldritch life of its own (and hence, still useable) is just kinda cool.

First... WOOO HOOOO!!! Storn finally jumped onboard this thread!!!!!!

Second... Love this one!!! I'm an oldtime Runequest player, and this positively SCREAMS "Humakti Runelord" to me.

Thanks for giving me a good excuse to rep you (Not that I really need one)

Here's two from the weekend.

the first is an old character of mine (Caille of the Little Sisters of Carnage: you can see the preceptory where she ended up on Fitz's lovely map). easily the most psychologically-damaged character I've played :D

The second one with the big red guy was just playing around, but I like it anyway.

cheers, Mark

A commission piece from one of my own players for his own character. She is a dragon who takes elven form and is a weather witch... that is a lot of concepts to jam into one image... but I think I might have worked it out okay.

Oil. 11x18

EllerialloRes.jpg

There are some tough things going on compositionally... that imo, could be better.

Tilt the dragon more, right now, her cloak, dragon's wing are reading as the same shape conglomoration. The dragon's wings, because we can't see the full unfurling, look spindly at this head on angle. We need to read that he can support himself in the air.

Just a suggestion....

There are some tough things going on compositionally... that imo, could be better.

Tilt the dragon more, right now, her cloak, dragon's wing are reading as the same shape conglomoration. The dragon's wings, because we can't see the full unfurling, look spindly at this head on angle. We need to read that he can support himself in the air.

Just a suggestion....

Suggestions taken...

Funnily enough, I misread "Tilt the dragon more, right now," as "Tilt the dragon more, right now!", and I was going to go all "Yes sir, Mr. Storn sir! Tilting now, sir!" ... but I probably would have just confused everyone. :D

:D

Suggestions taken...

Funnily enough, I misread "Tilt the dragon more, right now," as "Tilt the dragon more, right now!", and I was going to go all "Yes sir, Mr. Storn sir! Tilting now, sir!" ... but I probably would have just confused everyone. :D

:D

While both are cool, this one works much better. I like your work.