Herophile Fantasy art

AmadanNaBriona

Re: Herophile Fantasy art

Let me guess.... he's really a nice guy' date=' he's just misunderstood? :)[/quote']

Funnily enough, that was pretty much Kath's reaction too :D

I pointed out he's holding up his hand and saying "Wait, wait, I know what this looks like, but..."

Amusingly, when I *do* introduce the bad guy (well properly introduce - they have met him already, although they don't realise it yet), two of the players at least are going to be suspicious*. In the last game, the necromantic, traitorous bad guy, who had expelled them from their homes, been diggin up graves and raising zombies, who sent minions to pursue them the length of Japan and plunged their home province into war, turned out to have good motives. They only found that out after nearly two years (real time) play, by which time he had become firmly fixed as "the bad guy".

Their reaction? After their heads exploding from having their paradigms shift without the clutch, it was : "Well, OK, he had good cause for what he did, and we'll take up his task and carry it through to the end. But first, we kill him."

cheers, Mark

*They are right to be suspicious of course - the game does have a plot twist built in. But it's not (of course) the same plot twist as last time. That would be cheesy! :eg:

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yay Thread Necromancy!

This one is pruely digital, done in Photoshop 7 with Tablet. About 7-8 hours to complete

[ATTACH]21331[/ATTACH]

The character is Alexi Hartia, a Seal Magician. He's one of the main characters in a little peice of fiction i've been writing.

Oh, And since I havn't been doing much new art lately, heres some weapons I've designed when I was bored.

[ATTACH]21385[/ATTACH]

This one, is a light, greatsword type design. while cool in itself the main thing I was designing here is the scabbard, which allows the blade to be drawn smoothly and yet stay secure even when straped to the back (as is often seen in games, what they don't show however is that you can't actually draw a blade in that position unless its pretty short.

[ATTACH]21384[/ATTACH]

These my friends, are Gunblades. The larger one, labled Rail Glaive is of special interest. It is, plain and simple, a Rail Gun powered useing a combination of Steam-tech and Magic that is relativly prevelant in the oft mentioned story I've been working on. the beauty fires 1/2 inch diameter at somewhere around 10 to 20 kilometers per second. In the story these weapons are the worlds equivalent to heavy artillery, and are extremely rare.

Oh, And since I havn't been doing much new art lately, heres some weapons I've designed when I was bored.

[ATTACH]21385[/ATTACH]

This one, is a light, greatsword type design. while cool in itself the main thing I was designing here is the scabbard, which allows the blade to be drawn smoothly and yet stay secure even when straped to the back (as is often seen in games, what they don't show however is that you can't actually draw a blade in that position unless its pretty short.

[ATTACH]21384[/ATTACH]

These my friends, are Gunblades. The larger one, labled Rail Glaive is of special interest. It is, plain and simple, a Rail Gun powered useing a combination of Steam-tech and Magic that is relativly prevelant in the oft mentioned story I've been working on. the beauty fires 1/2 inch diameter at somewhere around 10 to 20 kilometers per second. In the story these weapons are the worlds equivalent to heavy artillery, and are extremely rare.

The second pic reminds me of Farscape and Bayonetted Rifles.

Yeah, the top one is essentially little more then a variant on the concept of a Bayonetted rifle, I was trying to keep the weapon practical. the Rail Glaive on the other hand was just for fun, I can jsut imagine this guy in huge *** powered armor (with a huge furnace on the back for the power) stabing one of these things into another guy on the battle field and taking out not only that guy but everything in a two or three mile line.

A full regiment of these guy's (enough to form a line) would devestate most convention armies

"What to you mean their first volley took out a third my troops!"

Here's something I've been working on. . . I'm probably going to be redoing the work, and hopefully some of you might be able to give me some suggestions for improvement. :)

This is some my 3D work. I know that my models don't look as good as the professionally produced Poser models, however, I am still learning, so in theory my models are getting better over time.

The main tower was inspired by on old cover which was on a book by Isaac Asimov called "Nine Tomorrows."

It also takes place on my game world, although thousands of years before the time of the PCs.

Anyway, it would be nice to get some feedback on a few things:

Is the scene too dark? I wanted it to be dark, but I don't want it to be so dark that the viewers can't see what is going on.

The girl with the staff is a fairly low polygon model, but I thought I could get away with that because she is a ways back from the camera. Does she look OK, or should I do some work there?

Should the main "eye tower" thing be set off to the side? In some ways I kind of like having it in the center (I want it to dominate the scene), but gernerally I'd put something like that to one side or the other.

It is a tad dark, but I would suggest brightening the light the character is holding and making that the focal point.

She loooks ok, but my attention is drawn to the building on the righ tmore than her.

I think it is "blurred" enough to let it stay where it is without dominating the entire scene.

It is a tad dark, but I would suggest brightening the light the character is holding and making that the focal point.

She loooks ok, but my attention is drawn to the building on the righ tmore than her.

I think it is "blurred" enough to let it stay where it is without dominating the entire scene.

Thanks for the help and advice! :)

I plan on redoing the girl and bringing her a bit closer to the camera.

Also I'll make sure to increase the brightness of her staff.

I was having a lot of fun creating the buildings and landscape; I guess it shows in the image. The objects tend to sort of overpower the characters.

I think it is a combination of things: The beholder behind, and guy in front, being lit up by the staff, and not being as blurred as the other buildings.

All that pulls the eye over to it to see what is going on there.

Here's something I've been working on. . . I'm probably going to be redoing the work, and hopefully some of you might be able to give me some suggestions for improvement. :)

This is some my 3D work. I know that my models don't look as good as the professionally produced Poser models, however, I am still learning, so in theory my models are getting better over time.

The main tower was inspired by on old cover which was on a book by Isaac Asimov called "Nine Tomorrows."

It also takes place on my game world, although thousands of years before the time of the PCs.

Anyway, it would be nice to get some feedback on a few things:

Is the scene too dark? I wanted it to be dark, but I don't want it to be so dark that the viewers can't see what is going on.

The girl with the staff is a fairly low polygon model, but I thought I could get away with that because she is a ways back from the camera. Does she look OK, or should I do some work there?

Should the main "eye tower" thing be set off to the side? In some ways I kind of like having it in the center (I want it to dominate the scene), but gernerally I'd put something like that to one side or the other.

On this monitor, the picture is so dark I can't make out most of it, except that there's a person down front, and (roughly) the sky line. If you hadn't said there was a girl, I would have had trouble identifying the person (I could tell it was human or near, but not the sex and other details).

I don't mean to be harsh, but it really, really needs to be lighter.

Priodon Mage

I noticed that over at the deviant art site you describe the character as: "a traditional fantasy wizard."

But you didn't really have to bother with saying that. With those muscles, and those ears how could the character be anything else? :D

Seriously, though, good job. :thumbup:

I really like the way you did the hood, and the glove on the right arm/hand.

My only nit-pick is that it seems like the left hand should (maybe) be a little more open in order to hold the staff. But that is only a minor point.

Over all, it is very cool.

On this monitor, the picture is so dark I can't make out most of it, except that there's a person down front, and (roughly) the sky line. If you hadn't said there was a girl, I would have had trouble identifying the person (I could tell it was human or near, but not the sex and other details).

I don't mean to be harsh, but it really, really needs to be lighter.

Thanks! I will make sure that the next version is quite a bit lighter.

And I'll be sure to post it so that you can tell me if it is actually light enough yet. If not, I'll keep on lightening it until it is good enough.

i've been doing a few winged folk of late. But dang, are they fun to do!!1

ARWloRes.jpg

Beautiful!

I love doing winged folk too. Getting the feathers to look right took me quite awhile to get my head wrapped around. I still struggle with the compromise between realistic wingspans and pratical ones (like, fitting on the page :D)

I noticed that over at the deviant art site you describe the character as: "a traditional fantasy wizard."

But you didn't really have to bother with saying that. With those muscles, and those ears how could the character be anything else? :D

Seriously, though, good job. :thumbup:

I really like the way you did the hood, and the glove on the right arm/hand.

My only nit-pick is that it seems like the left hand should (maybe) be a little more open in order to hold the staff. But that is only a minor point.

Over all, it is very cool.

CLenched fist with staff protruding doesn't work? :)

I know; it's one of my bad habbits.

• 4 weeks later...

Yay for thread necromancy!

Alrighty Folks (all two of you that still read these things) , I present you with my curent masterpiece, my first art ever to be done in full color! (just a few more self endorsments and hypes) The greatest peice I have ever done! (alright, alright, I'm posting it, just put the pitchforks and torches away... please)

20060519_235030_The_Fall.jpg

Image and Character © Kendric A. Jourdan 2006