Herophile Fantasy art

AmadanNaBriona

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Herophile Fantasy art

Not bad. If I could make a couple suggestions? I would change the background to something more "drawn looking" so that it isn't to jarring. Maybe use a couple of the PS filters to change the photo. Second, if you select the character image contract the selection by a couple pixels and then feather by the same amount and then holding the ALT key press the arrow keys to move the selection, it will "blend" the character into the background a little.

Thread Necromancy! Yayness!

Another of Alexi Hartia, The Seal tattoed upon his forearm is the Ephemeralis, a bloodline seal which effectivly allows him to cast non-Foci based Seal Magic without drawing the array ahead of time.

[ATTACH]22011[/ATTACH]

Art © Kendric Jourdan 2006

Character © Kendric Jourdan 2005

desertguy01.jpg

This is something I whipped up while procrastinating over schoolwork that I should have been doing instead. It's amazing how much stuff I get done that way. I'm not terrifically happy with the way he turned out; I'm not very good at doing fabric from my imagination — I should probably have found a photo of some Bedouin or something to get the folds right.

Anyway, I expect he'll turn up as an NPC or something in my campaign.

desertguy01.jpg

This is something I whipped up while procrastinating over schoolwork that I should have been doing instead. It's amazing how much stuff I get done that way. I'm not terrifically happy with the way he turned out; I'm not very good at doing fabric from my imagination — I should probably have found a photo of some Bedouin or something to get the folds right.

Looks like a very nice picture to me! :thumbup:

brawl-wip.jpg

This is a detail from a work in progress, an illustration for a traditional Irish tale called "The Little Brawl at Allen". Essentially, the story is about a fight that breaks out at a feast that escalates from a fist-fight to all-out carnage, at the end of which over a thousand people are dead. It's one of the "Finn MacCool" (Fionn MacCumhaill?) stories.

Announcing CATSPAW. A weekly installment webcomic written by John C. Hocking, writer of Conan and the Emerald Lotus. Illustrated in color by Storn A. Cook.

Catspaw is a tale of swords, sorceries and deadly intrigues. As Talene, a young ambassador from a powerful nation, is thrown to the wolves in the streets and courts of the world's most powerful and corrupt city.

Hosted by Flashing Swords, the pre-eminent sword and sorcery e-zine on the web. Come dip your paw in the adventure that is CATSPAW!

http://www.swordandsorcery.org/Catspaw/index.html

BannerF.jpg

desertguy01.jpg

Fantastic! Absolutely magnificent. I just love this piece.

And the cloth looks terrific; I see nothing wrong with it.

:thumbup: Repped! :thumbup:

brawl-wip.jpg

This is a detail from a work in progress, an illustration for a traditional Irish tale called "The Little Brawl at Allen". Essentially, the story is about a fight that breaks out at a feast that escalates from a fist-fight to all-out carnage, at the end of which over a thousand people are dead. It's one of the "Finn MacCool" (Fionn MacCumhaill?) stories.

Nice!

(and yeah, your Gaelic is right)

I appreciate the uber-celtic mustaches and limespiked hair!!!!

BannerF.jpg

Due to popular demand, we've increased the text size. We've also increased the overall size of the actual "page". We hope that makes it a bit easier to read and see.

Note: You might have to "refresh" your pages. After the change was made, I had to.

Thanks for checking us out.

New pages will be loaded up on Wednesdays!

Catspaw:

http://www.swordandsorcery.org/Catspaw/index.html

What a pleasure it is to do a commission that is happy and joyous. Usually I'm doing superheroes who are bad asses or fantasy characters who are badasses. The patron asked for him performing with a sense of joy, a character who never gets downbeat.

ScrollloRes.jpg

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/2.0/

This isn't anything too exciting. It's just a Dwarf. I drew it as a racial example for my fantasy hero world, which - in retrospect - wasn't too logical. I mean, if I say "Dwarf", this is pretty much what people see, right?

anyway, here it is. I apologize for the lightness of it - I'm not a very good inker.

Dwarf_WEB.jpg:)

Dont apologize, its a good Dwarf! And his proportions and musculature make him look a bit more agile than most people might expect :)

If you have Photoshop, you could try increasing the Brightness by about 10, and then upping the Contrast until the lines look how you want them to.

Works for me :thumbup:

This is a very well-drawn figure and I stand in awe of your artistic talent. However, I have to say that it doesn't say dwarf to me.

You're using human proportions (7 heads tall, etc.). I would suggest 4... maybe 5 heads tall, and make him a little broader

Otherwise, it's excellent!

This is a very well-drawn figure and I stand in awe of your artistic talent. However, I have to say that it doesn't say dwarf to me.

You're using human proportions (7 heads tall, etc.). I would suggest 4... maybe 5 heads tall, and make him a little broader

Otherwise, it's excellent!

Yes, I think you're right. In relation to the other art I do, he is pretty broad and big in the upper body (which was my intent), but I spent so long trying to get the proportions of a human body right that doing a non-human body is ... well ... alien to me. Practice makes perfect, or some junk.

Thanks for the notes!

Wow. I just found this thread today. There is a ton of awesome art here. This has inspired me to dig out my art supplies. I used to draw allot in high school, but havent done any drawing for over 10 years now. Wendy Pini was a huge influence on me back then. Thanks for the inspiration all!

Dont apologize, its a good Dwarf! And his proportions and musculature make him look a bit more agile than most people might expect :)

If you have Photoshop, you could try increasing the Brightness by about 10, and then upping the Contrast until the lines look how you want them to.

Works for me :thumbup:

Like this?