AmadanNaBriona

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Herophile Fantasy art

And since I was discussing my new FH game, here's a picture I whipped up last night showing some Samadrian knights, to give the players a general feel for what they look like. In this game the "knights" actually fight on foot as heavy infantry (hence the pikes 'n stuff) since the various kingdoms are mostly islands (so ship to ship combat's important) and the only mounts available are too light to act as chargers for heavily-armoured men.

cheers, Mark

And since I was discussing my new FH game, here's a picture I whipped up last night showing some Samadrian knights, to give the players a general feel for what they look like. In this game the "knights" actually fight on foot as heavy infantry (hence the pikes 'n stuff) since the various kingdoms are mostly islands (so ship to ship combat's important) and the only mounts available are too light to act as chargers for heavily-armoured men.

cheers, Mark

Awsome :thumbup:

and here's the ones I did last night. This picture actually sort of applies to two other threads as well - the "why no heavy cavalry" and "giant Chickens" thread.

There is no heavy cav in the archipelago and here's why - the only suitable mounts are Dadaks - really big, bad tempered birds. They can fight alright (lookit them claws!) and they are reasonably fast but they lack the stamina and weight to act as shock troops and they can't run around with an armoured warrior on their back for long. So they are used as scouts and outriders (called "prickers") for raiding and skirmishing. On long marches the soldiers walk/jog and then mount up when they need speed.

These guys are also Samadrians - a scout/archer and an officer of lancers - which is why they both wear more armour than is usual for outriders (Samadrian prickers sometimes dismount to fight on foot, so they are more like mounted infantry than is common in the other kingdoms). A light helmet and a stout leather vest is more usual.

cheers, Mark

And the last of the series - two more Samadrians - a sword and buckler man and an archer.

I'll get to work on soldiers from the other kingdoms at some point, but for now I concentrate on getting the magic systems, finished, rules for ships and ship combat polished up and the history/politics down. I've done the first two adventures, so if I do another half dozen, that should give me 2-3 months playing time so I can go ahead and write the rest as we go.

I'm getting psyched about starting this game! It's been three years since I last ran a FH campaign.

cheers, Mark

pretty cool there, like the pose. What are you coloring them with? you might want to try something that is a little bit smoother so that it isn't so grainy when you scan it. But otherwise :thumbup:

Here's my latest at work on hold drawing. Nothing Special. Just a Zakenis Head. Red+Black Ball point, with a touch of blue highlighter.

I don't have the photoshop skillz to clean her up. Heres the raw scan...any of you geniuses out in Herodom able to save her?

Here's my attempt as I didn't see anyone else post one.

The first is a simple tracing. It's a bit rough since I am having problems with my tablet and had to go back to using a mouse (I'm so easily spoiled).

On the second file, I took the liberty of coloring it; I attempted to use your color scheme found in a different pic. Unfortunately, at this resolution, I could not adequetely discern the designs you had on the armor and left those out. Perhaps if you like to e-mail me a better resolution scan I can rework the image to include them - PM me if interested.

Nice pic, I can see why it'd be a favorite.

I used corloring pencils' date=' I think I'll try a program for coloring in the future, I bet I can do better that way[/quote']

I've had pretty good results taking a penci sketch and computer colorizing it.

Here are a couple examples:

Here's my attempt as I didn't see anyone else post one.

The first is a simple tracing. It's a bit rough since I am having problems with my tablet and had to go back to using a mouse (I'm so easily spoiled).

On the second file, I took the liberty of coloring it; I attempted to use your color scheme found in a different pic. Unfortunately, at this resolution, I could not adequetely discern the designs you had on the armor and left those out. Perhaps if you like to e-mail me a better resolution scan I can rework the image to include them - PM me if interested.

Nice pic, I can see why it'd be a favorite.

Nice work on the clean up. :thumbup:

If you are able to get a high res version, it will be interesting to see the results from that.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh, took a while of digging about, but the bird model I used is: Mock's Riding Bird - avialable for 0 dollars and 0 cents from R'osity. I just checked (two minutes ago) and the download was functioning.

And since this is an art thread, here's an old and much loved PC of mine - Angror Ironfist: friend/rival of Fitz's character Smirnoff the Mighty :D

cheers, Mark

And since this is an art thread' date=' here's an old and much loved PC of mine - Angror Ironfist: friend/rival of Fitz's character Smirnoff the Mighty :D[/quote']

...which means that I really am forced to show you Smirnoff the Huge and Thick, friend/rival of Angror the Mighty :D

[ATTACH]18375[/ATTACH]

I think remember seeing Smirnoff several years back somewhere. Isn't he your old xD&D character? A real bloody combat monster when converted to HERO IIRC.

Maybe you guys need to get a little head to head fight action going and put these two guys together in the gladiator pit?