Herophile Fantasy art

AmadanNaBriona

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Herophile Fantasy art

speaking of Ego boosts...

I did this one during the last day of school for the term, hand inked it. then did the background color and texture in photoshop. it be a Wallpaper.

The things shown are all cast from the fiction I've been writing off and on.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a285/Katal3/AlexiHartia1024x768.jpg

(couldn't upload here due to file-size)

Re: Herophile Fantasy art

Alrighty, starting from the top, the large face and the guy with the sword are both Alexi Hartia (the hair isn't colored in in the bigger one cuz it would have made the composition look funny, but you can tell they have the same hair-style).

The girl in the dark shirt and light dress is Rei Cameron, an incedental character in the first part of the story, and a secondary main character later in the time-line. in this comp shes roughly 13-15 I havn't pined down the exact time-line between the two parts of the story yet.

The object at the bottom left of the pic is a over sized sickle, in the center of the blades arc is what is called a Heartstone, which are the vessels into which a Demon is bound when it is drawn into the Physical Realm. (in the story, true demons are basicly just disembodied VPP, they cause massive problems and the only way to "kill" it is to destroy the heartstone. dealing with these bound demons is about as close as you get to Divine magic in the setting.

The armored figure undernieth her is the central antagonist of the story, basicly an uber bad-***. He is a similar to a Cambion, which in the story is sort of a half-demon. They were created by fusing a Heartstone to a normal creature, the Demon bound within the stone then empowers the cambion and slowly mutates it into somthing thematicly appropiate to that particular demon and the species' natural features. Unless it's destroyed, then a cambion dies it's heartstone functions as a true demon.

sorry, got a little to in-depth there...

• 3 months later...