Herophile Fantasy art

AmadanNaBriona

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Herophile Fantasy art

I think remember seeing Smirnoff several years back somewhere. Isn't he your old xD&D character? A real bloody combat monster when converted to HERO IIRC.

They're both old DnD chracters - the two strongest men in the world, pretty much. Ah, it gladdens the heart to see Smirnoff again.

cheers, Mark

My recent experimentation has brought me into an entirely different field of art... Photo Manipulations, I've uploaded both the finished piece and the stock for your viewing pleasure.

Melchiah.jpg

Stock: http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a285/Katal3/guys55.jpg

LeashinEdit.jpg

Stock:http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a285/Katal3/art-024.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Here's my attempt as I didn't see anyone else post one.

The first is a simple tracing. It's a bit rough since I am having problems with my tablet and had to go back to using a mouse (I'm so easily spoiled).

On the second file, I took the liberty of coloring it; I attempted to use your color scheme found in a different pic. Unfortunately, at this resolution, I could not adequetely discern the designs you had on the armor and left those out. Perhaps if you like to e-mail me a better resolution scan I can rework the image to include them - PM me if interested.

Nice pic, I can see why it'd be a favorite.

Thanks for giving it the old college try! Nice work with the stylus... good call.

I may see if I can clean her up more myself... I've been working on improving my photoshop skills in my exile.

Repped!

• 3 weeks later...

This one isn't really a roleplaying pic, but it's sort of related -- it's a picture I did recently of Beowulf hanging up Grendel's arm from the roofbeams of Heorot after he'd ripped it bodily from his shoulder (OW! that's gotta hurt!)

http://mojobob.com/gallery/gallery7/beowulf.jpg

It's all done with Corel Painter 8, my new best friend. Until I can afford to upgrade to Painter IX that is.

Sweet. You just made me waste 15 minutes of desperately needed work time by poking through the rest of the gallery since there's some new stuff there. Ah - nostalgia: the child's guide to giant-slaying :D

Anyway, whilst awash in memories of playing DandD, here's a picture fo our current d20 party. My character is the kneeling redhead - I think I posted him before, but the rest should be new.

Unfortunately, the picture is already out of date (the day after I did the picture :(). In the last adventure, the hobbit Paladin (whose idea was allowing that kind of thing, anyway?) was bullrushed by an Ogre and pushed into a very deep pit. The Ogre didn't stop in time, and also fell in, which gave the hobbit some momentary satisfaction. Then it landed on him, extinguishing both the satisfaction and the hobbit.

cheers, Mark

wow,

there is a lot of talent in this thread!!! i am a huge fantasy art nut. i've been looking thru the various boards and i think i will be spending a lot of time in here.

as soon as i figure out how to post art in here i will get some of my drawings posted. to all you creators out there, keep up the amazing work

• 2 weeks later...

I may see if I can clean her up more myself... I've been working on improving my photoshop skills in my exile.

Repped!

Another idea for ya is to go to Kinko's (or whatever) and have them photocopy it with a machine that has the feature that ignores blue. I'm sure there is a technical term for it but it escapes me. It's used by comics people all the time - so I'm told - to clean up their layout work.

Another idea for ya is to go to Kinko's (or whatever) and have them photocopy it with a machine that has the feature that ignores blue. I'm sure there is a technical term for it but it escapes me. It's used by comics people all the time - so I'm told - to clean up their layout work.

Good call, I've thought about doing just that.

Oh, in case GoldenAge doesn't check this thread - I'd ask him if you need more info on this. He's heavy into graphic design and used to work at a copy house when I hung out with him eons ago. He'd most likely know more about what I'm trying to explain.

In case he does - Hey dude, pass me a beer. "Marathon"

If you've already got the image in a digital format, you can get rid of the blue very easily in Photoshop by simply duplicating the blue channel to a new document, then changing the new document's mode back to Greyscale, then RGB.

If that doesn't do the trick entirely, you can achieve a lot by merging two channels in various modes from the Image>Calculations menu.

aww, I would try to post more but my classes are eating my life. I did put a few doodles and a plaster piece in the NGD art thread though.

Linky!

Linky Again!

Nothing special. Bordom in class and a study for sculpture class. Wish I had time for more, but in the past 2 weeks I really haven't done anything but bury myself eyes deep in my Genetics Homework.

hmm... everytime I post to the thread it dies for a few days...

Well then, here's a headline piece from the website for my new FH game. I'm doing one picture for each of the important pages which runs across the top, to kind of set the mood.

cheers, Mark