What are some interesting disadvantages you have used?

Aries

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: What are some interesting disadvantages you have used?

i've got a hero going around right now with Physical and Social Limitation: Bed Wetter.

and a villain with the Psychological Limitation: Soccer Hooligan - every couple of years, right around world cup, he becomes a total *ssh*l*, and starts fights in sports bars, etc.

j

Psychological Lim. Total Jackass (built as an honor code to jackassery)

QuirK: carrys around an empty flask called "shiney willy" and talks to it when he is lonely or tempted to drink."

Physical Lim: Eunich

those are some of my favorites

Those are some really good ones.

Played a charcater who had a temporary mental disability--he had a DNPC that turned out just to be hallucination' date=' the points on the GM's sheet really were for a psych limitation. :)[/quote']

Very interesting idea. I might have to use that!

I haven't used it yet in Champions, but an "imaginary friend" psych lim can be HILARIOUS to roleplay. Gotta know when to put a cork in it so it doesn't bog down the plot, but if used properly, it can be a huge amount of fun.

I haven't yet used the "shrew" ploy with it, either. If the activation roll really goes bad, then the guy could end up having a three-way argument with himself, out loud. "HAVE YOU BEEN SEEING ANOTHER HALLUCINATION!?!" "No, no, it was just that last attack." "THAT'S WHAT THEY ALL SAY! You don't fool me. Hmph. You're seeing another hallucination. Is she pretty? Purple spots, just as you like 'em?" "No! It was just Freakout's mind attack!" "Oh, so you're seeing someone else's hallucination! Does the other guy know he's being two-timed as well?" ...

I haven't used it yet in Champions' date=' but an "imaginary friend" psych lim can be HILARIOUS to roleplay. Gotta know when to put a cork in it so it doesn't bog down the plot, but if used properly, it can be a huge amount of fun. [/quote']

And as long as the player role plays it. A disadvantage not roleplayed is worhtless

I haven't yet used the "shrew" ploy with it' date=' either. If the activation roll really goes bad, then the guy could end up having a three-way argument with himself, out loud. "HAVE YOU BEEN SEEING ANOTHER HALLUCINATION!?!" "No, no, it was just that last attack." "THAT'S WHAT THEY ALL SAY! You don't fool me. Hmph. You're seeing another hallucination. Is she pretty? Purple spots, just as you like 'em?" "No! It was just Freakout's mind attack!" "Oh, so you're seeing [i']someone else's[/i] hallucination! Does the other guy know he's being two-timed as well?" ...

Activation can be fun

Psych Lim: Compulsive Embellishr (Common, Total)

"You should have seen it! There were 20..no 50! Maybe 100 VIPER agents after me! And then Dr. Destroyer himself showed up! But was I scared? Hell no!"

Translation: There was a VIPER 8-team backed up by a low-level mutant. I was terrified.

"You should have seen it! There were 20..no 50! Maybe 100 VIPER agents after me! And then Dr. Destroyer himself showed up! But was I scared? Hell no!"

Translation: There was a VIPER 8-team backed up by a low-level mutant. I was terrified.

Going to use that one :thumbup:

This is a great one. I am going to use this one.

I'm currently playing a mentalist with some minor leakage issues (tonight, actually). She doesn't 'leak' to other people, but has a little bit of a hard time filtering out the people around her. She has a variable psychlim that she picks up the strongest psychlims of the people around her (up to 25 points total).

Since she's normally 'mirroring' the person she's talking to, and most people's personality quirks seem normal to them, the other PCs haven't picked up on it yet.

I just worry what happens if they ever try to send her undercover with the villains...

Aries' date=' have you seen The Master List of Limitations? It's an enormous compilation of gamer-created Physical, Psychological and Social Limitations, very well organized. If you can think of it there's a good chance it's already there. :cool:

Thanks. I had not seen it but I know have seen it and bookmarked it. Thanks for pointing it out to me

You people need therapy. All of you.

How many points do we get for that?

I once had a comic super hero named Mr. Zilch. He had no face or ears, so he wore a white face mask and he had mostly sensory powers and martial arts. He was a cold and humorless vigalante who also had an imaginary companion named Baxter who was a 9 foot troll. Mr. Zilch would often seriously consult Baxter on tactical issues, or just look up at Baxter and say "I think you're right."

Anyone who suggested Baxter wasn't real or who laughed, in character, risked tiggering Mr. Zilch's Enraged.

My fav was my "homage" to Manhunter....way back in the day when I read Manhunter he was hunted by an army of clones of himself...Hunted: Manhunter....GM "Do you have a character sheet for your hunted?" ME "Yes...(hand him my character sheet)"...:)