Does Seeker still suck?

hooligan x

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Does Seeker still suck?

Actually, while Seeker was usually shown getting pounded in 4e, at least it was mostly through his own crazy bravado. In the USPDB, Nighthawk gets beaten up by mind-controlled kids, assaulted by diner utensils, set on fire by Mentallo (who barely acknowledges his presence) and, most humiliatingly, has a chunk of building dropped on him by Deus ex Machina Man or whoever the guy was demonstrating that luck power based on an Indirect EB was.

Not this again. :rolleyes:

Look at the beak. It is sharp and pointy like the beak of a... HAWK. I duckbill is dull and rounded. It is not a duckbill.

In most renditions I've seen, I definitely agree that it doesn't look like a duckbill, but I think it's too long to be hawk's beak. In the Champions book, it looks more like a crow or raven to me.

But not a duck.

Actually' date=' while Seeker was usually shown getting pounded in 4e, at least it was mostly through his own crazy bravado. In the USPDB, Nighthawk gets beaten up by mind-controlled kids, assaulted by diner utensils, set on fire by Mentallo (who barely acknowledges his presence) and, most humiliatingly, has a chunk of building dropped on him by Deus ex Machina Man or whoever the guy was demonstrating that luck power based on an Indirect EB was.[/quote']

Hazard. ;)

Apparently, martial artists are on the HERO Art Hate List, regardless of the edition. :)

I think some times we read more humilation or even defeat into that stuff than actually occured.

In the USPDB' date=' Nighthawk gets beaten up by mind-controlled kids[/quote'] Actually, he gets attacked by mind controlled kids, big diff. The fact he wasn't just breaking their little skulls kind of shows he draws the line at smashing brainwashed brats. :)

assaulted by diner utensils,
Yeah, sharp knives and forks if I recall being propelled at great force... he dodged.

set on fire by Mentallo (who barely acknowledges his presence)
Menton used mental illusions on him, true. And with the amount of dice that guy has, well, there aren't too many heroes PC or NPC that Menton worries about

most humiliatingly, has a chunk of building dropped on him by Deus ex Machina Man or whoever the guy was demonstrating that luck power based on an Indirect EB was.

Agreed on that one. Utterly embarrasing, and sure to lead to one of those Jack Burton moments for Nighthawk later... "S.O.B. MUST pay..."

Hey Hermit, let's get together and do a duet. We can do a cover on my Seeker song as well. ;)

Aussie Ninja (Sung to Bon Jovi's "Blaze of Glory")

I liked it. Wonder if I should post my Nighthawk tune here since he's become involved?

As for his construct, I think they should make it so he can use his club with his martial arts, but other than that, not bad.

Both characters are picked on more than they deserve to be IMO.

NightHawk can't use his club with his martial arts? I never noticed that..

Gee do I feel dense now.

If being beaten up on covers a lot makes a character suck, then what comic book character *doesn't* suck?

And if being beaten up makes a character suck, then most of my PCs must *really* suck. :-)

They do! :):):)

Just kidding!

come on.. someone had to post it!

I liked Seeker and I like Nighthawk. When I ran "Return of the Destroyer" the first time (prior to running it at a Con), the Nighthawk character kicked serious ass. I had thought him underpowered, but with wildly acrobatic maneuvers he pulled it out alright. Which is kind of the point.

Oddly enough, the character that gets picked the least by newbies at Cons is Sapphire. I'm not sure why that is - I always recommend her to newbies, since her power set is simple, and requires very little bookkeeping.

I have no idea who you're talking about.

Anyway, tonight I "got to thinking" about Nighthawk's costume and I realized where I originally saw him, but can't remember the name. It wasn't Voltron or Starblazers, but one where everybody wore bird-themed helmets. Dang, I wish I could remember. :think:

:confused:

The anime which was know as both Battle Of The Planets, G-Force, and Eagle Riders, and was know in japan as Science Ninja Team Gatchman. As for Condor Joe, he was better known as Jason on BotP (he was the guy with the throwing feathers).

The anime which was know as both Battle Of The Planets' date=' [i']G-Force[/i], and Eagle Riders, and was know in japan as Science Ninja Team Gatchman. As for Condor Joe, he was better known as Jason on BotP (he was the guy with the throwing feathers).

Yes indeed he was and any Galactor agent with half a brain would be right to fear him, considering he's quite happy to off them with those feather shuriken of his. Not to mention the guns.

Yes indeed he was and any Galactor agent with half a brain would be right to fear him' date=' considering he's quite happy to off them with those feather shuriken of his. Not to mention the guns.[/quote']

And don't forget the God Phenox Bird Missels. Damm, if I am going to write him up, I'll give him the limitation "Trigger Happy/Butten Fettish". (Joe praticly is waiting for a chance to launch a few Bird Missels into any Galactor Mecha thay might find, regardless of Dr. Nambu's caution to use them sparenly, if at all. Then there is that epasold with the "Ghost Fleat", where he was happy as a clam, launching Bird Missels left and right till thay ran out. And he was still pushing the button to launch them.)

What does this have to do with Seeker and Nighthawk? Nothing realy (besided the costume). Besides to point out how bad striped bellbottems were.

No' date='having a beak on his costume doesn't make Nighthawk a wimp.What makes Nighthawk a wimp is being a worse combatant than the 250 point version of Seeker,despite being a 350 point character.[/quote']

Eh, just means Nighthawk has more to do between fights than Seeker does. Of course, Seeker didn't need detective skills, 'cause he had Jaguar's human form to pal around with.

Nighthawk can use his club with his martial arts. You don't need to buy the weapon element for weapons you pay for.
I thought that was weapon familiarity. It would be sort of weird for Nighthawk to be able to use his martial arts with his club but no other, wouldn't it? (It's kind of weird that he'd suffer a penalty of any sort with some other club anyway.)

Correct he needs weapon element. He does not need WF: Clubs since he paid for his. Also they are no great shakes weapons, so if NH finds one and uses it very likely it is going to "stat out" identically to his own. So I would rule no non familiarity modiifers apply.

Hawksmoor

Nighthawk can use his club with his martial arts. You don't need to buy the weapon element for weapons you pay for.

iirc, Club is a freebie anyhow as far as Weapon Familiarities go...

However, he still needs to buy the Weapon Element with his MA to get the manuever bonuses unless I'm mistaken.