What kinds of abilities should my charater have?

O.k. the description of my character's power concept: He can see the future, not hear, just see. That's it.

So I've taken the obvious ones (most of those from the Precognician section of the USPD) but he still doesn't seem capable of entering the 'big leagues'. He can hit people (thanks to his offensive precog) but can't resonably be expected to break through their defence (only has normal human strength) and can reasonably avoid getting hit but is less able to take a blow that average (even with high levels of 'Combat Luck'). He's also not all that 'well rounded'.

Now I could 'add some additional powers', but thats kind of going against concept

So what I'm kind of asking is what kind of 'Precog Tricks' type powers can people come up with to add to the Precognician Powers from USPD?

Re: What kinds of abilities should my charater have?

Well, this IS a power, not just a one shot trick so I apologize if it's not what you wanted but... one Precognitive Character I helped with has I've seen how to Win, Find Weakness with All Attacks, the special effect being they glimpse a hundred different scenerios until he finds the one where he accidentally(?) strikes a blow at a more vulnerable location, and this time does it deliberatley :)

Here's another possibility: the character can "share" his visions of the future, projecting them into the mind of an opponent as an attack. This could be run as Mental Illusions (Limited: Only Possible Future Events), Flash (senses overwhelmed by the input), or Entangle BOECV (target has to force himself to ignore the vision).

Don't know if you've got it or thought about it but having extra Combat Levels would easily fit right in: being able to know when and/or where a blow or attack will come allows you to counter it easily.

Exactly...levels,combat luck, even some HA are all viable powers. Not to mention Missile deflection :Dodging and the like, even Flash def 'cause he can see the attack coming and close his eyes...

I had an idea for a precognitive character once, who had a gadget pool of "Items I figured would come in handy". Essentially, whenever she was about to leave the base, she'd grab an assortment of small, concealable gadgets. As the adventure progressed, whenever someone would say something like, "If only we had about 100 meters of fishing line", she'd pull it out of her pocket. Naturally, she couldn't TELL anyone what she was bringing along, since that might alter the course of events that led to it being necessary/useful.

What about giving him a future high-tech blaster pistol' date=' that he built.[/quote']

I thought about this and ideas like it (I called the powers my 'FIPT (Future Intellectual Property Theft) powers (the idea being that he precognatively read someone elses (like DR. Silverback or something) blueprints that they hadn't written yet and built it 'before it was even conceived'. Interestingly he also knew that many times doing so was the impetus for the Gadgetter drawing the blueprints in the first place "Hey that looks cool, mind if I try to invent one?" "Not at all, in fact I insist you do"). However I would like to try to 'fill out' his powers with powers which are more closely linked with his 'core ability'. Although thanks, it's a good idea.

Have you thought about "Can lick his own eyebrows?"

Extra Limbs, 1

Stretching, 1", only for Extra Limbs (-1), Only for Licking Eyebrows (-1)

- Pants

1. Eww (even if it might make me popular with the girls (O.k. I am picturing that scene from 'Earth Girls are Easy')

2. I said at the beginning that I wanted to avoid new powers that weren't realted to the original concept.

3. Eww

Thank everyone these are cool and many of which I would never have thought of. However, feel free to keep them coming.

One additional one I did think of was a movement ability, possibly Megascale teleport with extra time based on his ability to work out how to get from point A to point B while avoiding all possible complications (traffic, protest marches, Grond) kind of like the 'I'll be there in five minutes' ability from Dark Champions.

To steal some inspiration from a 4th edition character, it stands to reason that precognitive abilities would be especially handy for someone who studied aikido or some art with a similar principle. Imagine the martial throws this character should be capable of. :yes:

Precognitive Martial Arts

Martial Throw

Martial Dodge

Flying Dodge

Takedown

etc.

I had an idea for a precognitive character once' date=' who had a gadget pool of "Items I figured would come in handy". Essentially, whenever she was about to leave the base, she'd grab an assortment of small, concealable gadgets. As the adventure progressed, whenever someone would say something like, "If only we had about 100 meters of fishing line", she'd pull it out of her pocket. Naturally, she couldn't TELL anyone what she was bringing along, since that might alter the course of events that led to it being necessary/useful.[/quote']

I was thinking something along the same lines. There was a Twilight Zone story ("What You Need"?) and a couple sf stories based on that concept - that a precog can provide items which will come in handy at some crucial point in the future.

(I also once tried putting together a character based off Gerald "Jerry" Steiner from "Parker Lewis Can't Lose". He was the geek who pulled the useful objects out of his coat.)

I was thinking something along the same lines. There was a Twilight Zone story ("What You Need"?) and a couple sf stories based on that concept - that a precog can provide items which will come in handy at some crucial point in the future.

There was also a cartoon version of Around the World in Eighty Days, where Phineas Fogg had a power like that. At the begginning of each episode he would have Passpatou (sp?) go buy three things for the next leg of the journey. Some how each of those three things would serve to help them complete that leg of the journey.

Don't forget doing things like moving objects into the way of were someone will soon be. If you know the Flash is going to be running towards you at top speed in 3 seconds having a brick in the spot he'll be in just a nanosecond before will seriously put a cramp in Wally's day.