What Are You Listening To Right Now?

Guest Black Lotus

Re: What Are You Listening To Right Now?

It's Business Time - Flight of the Conchords

You whisper something sexy like "is that it?"

I know what you're trying to say girl

You're trying to say oh yeah that's it

more LibraVox audiobooks

Another of the things I've been enjoying about LibraVox is the opportunity to rediscover stories I read decades ago but never seen since, or justly famous short stories I've not seen before, or turning people onto great stories well told. For example, I've persuaded Purrdence to expose her students to some Lovecraft, on the strength of the recitation here - The Terrible Old Man ( Who ever said Lovecraft couldn't write comedy? I wonder if this is one of the archetypal examples of Lu-Tze's Rule One "Never act incautiously when confronted by a little bald wrinkly smiling man!"

It's one of those things, but I've never actually read Edgar Allen Poe's The Cask of Amontillado before. I was aware of it, true, and aspects of it certainly permeated the popular culture ( I must keep the Montresor family motto in mind if I ever play Vitus again ) but never actually encountered it before.

So the LibraVox version - beautifully read - was a delight. So well told, in fact, that I've been listening to it every day for a week.

You can listen to it and download it here - I highly recommend that you do :D The PseudoPod podcast has a sequel to it here. Interesting, but not a patch on the original.

2112 Overture/The Temples of Syrinx

by Rush

from 2112

(And it'll be the rest of the album after that, of course.)

I just finished spring cleaning my media player, so I've got music loaded I haven't listened to in awhile.