What Are You Listening To Right Now?

Guest Black Lotus

Re: What Are You Listening To Right Now?

I used to have a cassette of that album, like twenty years ago.

The Golden Age of Wireless was a favorite of mine way back when. Everyone knows "She Blinded Me with Science" , but there are some cool tracks on that album especially on the B Side. I guess in the age of CDs and MP3 that really doesn't mean anything anymore, but there are deep tracks on that album. "One of Our Submarines" stands out in my memory.

The Flat Earth has that great slow bossa nova version of "I Scare Myself" doesn't it? Very cool song.

Witchy Woman

by The Eagles

from Selected Works: 1972-1999 Disc 1

The above song is drawing to a close as I'm typing, so let's see what my long-suffering media player comes up with next:

Aqualung

by Jethro Tull

from Original Masters

I used to have a cassette of that album, like twenty years ago.

The Golden Age of Wireless was a favorite of mine way back when. Everyone knows "She Blinded Me with Science" , but there are some cool tracks on that album especially on the B Side. I guess in the age of CDs and MP3 that really doesn't mean anything anymore, but there are deep tracks on that album. "One of Our Submarines" stands out in my memory.

The Flat Earth has that great slow bossa nove version of "I Scare Myself" doesn't it? Very cool song.

Yup. There's added stuff on the Collector's Edition, including a live version of "I Scare Myself" (which is now playing for me), and a few songs taken from his soundtrack work. The Golden Age of Wireless remaster is very good, too, though it reflects the original British release more than the US one, with a slightly different song order and a different version of "Airwaves" (The Singular Thomas Dolby, another new release, has the version I'm used to). It's interesting that "She Blinded Me with Science" didn't originally appear on GAoW, but was added in for the American release due to its success as a single. And while I like that song, I really enjoy the other tracks more, especially "Flying North", "Europa and the Pirate Twins", and "Windpower".

JoeG

"Omega" by Asia. Yes, that Asia. The album just come out a few weeks ago. It's good. Very, very good. Almost as good as "Phoenix" (2008, the queen mother of comeback albums, IMHO).

Here's a video with samples of four of the songs. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RznUMbvYyWQ

And now' date=' [i']Alpha[/i] by Vangelis from Albedo 0.39 (and elsewhere, like the Cosmos soundtrack).

All of the Albedo 0.39 album gets a lot of play from me as well.

Currently playing: "Overture/Whirlwind" from the Transatlantic album, The Whirlwind.

JoeG

And now' date=' [i']Alpha[/i] by Vangelis from Albedo 0.39 (and elsewhere, like the Cosmos soundtrack).

All of the Albedo 0.39 album gets a lot of play from me as well.

Cosmos introduced me to Vangelis - "Alpha", specifically. Now I have a pretty good chunk of his discography, and I've yet to hear anything I really dislike.