What Are You Listening To Right Now?

Guest Black Lotus

Re: What Are You Listening To Right Now?

"Hyperactive! (Heavy Breather Subversion)" by Thomas Dolby' date=' from the album, [i']12x12[/i].

JoeG

Did you know he has a new album out? or is that the one? I haven't looked closer than to know it is around, because I can't afford many CDs.

Did you know he has a new album out? or is that the one? I haven't looked closer than to know it is around' date=' because I can't afford many CDs.[/quote']

12x12 is an older album of 12" single remixes from 1999.

There is a new album coming out, called The Map of the Floating City, which will include the tracks from the EPs Amerikana (available to Flat Earth Society members only for a small fee), and Oceana (available for purchase as either 320kbps MP3s or 48kHz WAV--I believe that the 48kHz version also includes the 320kbps MP3s). Both EPs also come with downloadable booklets. There was supposed to be a third EP (Urbania) released before the main album, though it looks like that the main album will be released instead after the online Floating City game completes in late August. More info at the Thomas Dolby site. I've enjoyed both EPs, and am looking forward to the full CD release.

Dolby has also released remastered versions of The Golden Age of Wireless and The Flat Earth, as well as The Singular Thomas Dolby, which has a DVD of his music videos through the ones for Astronauts and Heretics. Both GAOW and Flat Earth feature quite a few bonus tracks, and the Flat Earth Society boards have additional MP3 bonus tracks for both of these albums and one probably from the new album for free for members (registration is free for the Flat Earth Society community boards). GAOW remaster also has a DVD with the short film, "Live Wireless".

Currently playing "Therapy/Growth (demo)" from the bonus tracks on The Golden Age of Wireless remaster.

And a video for "Toadlickers" from Amerikana:

JoeG

Nessun Dorma - Manowar (Yeah seriously, Manowar....)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldw6AnTXTO8

~Rex

I may be mistaken, but the impression I get is that opera has a special place in the Italian soul. Italy is where modern opera originated. Italy won her independence to the strains of Giuseppe Verdi. The greatest opera company on Earth is Milan's La Scala. The Italians have produced an extraordinary number of legendary singers.

People forget that opera began as popular entertainment, which is why so many well-known operas have extravagant, melodramatic plots much like a modern potboiler.