What Are You Listening To Right Now?

Guest Black Lotus

Re: What Are You Listening To Right Now?

Meanstreak - Y&T

Makes me want to grow my hair long again and get a perm.

:rockon:

you get Facemelter?

It was a great album but...at some point...when you're in your 50's a song about your mother catching you masturbate is kind of creepy...

:rockon:

you get Facemelter?

It was a great album but...at some point...when you're in your 50's a song about your mother catching you masturbate is kind of creepy...

I did not. I shall have to give it the ol' iTunes preview.

And yeh... eww...

...She's a politician or propagandist?

Nah, they make things sound confusing and patriotic.

She's a singer with strong Celtic influences. Of course, her darkest songs are the traditional ballads.

Nah, they make things sound confusing and patriotic.

She's a singer with strong Celtic influences. Of course, her darkest songs are the traditional ballads.

"There are two types of music you should never listen to when you're depressed -- Country-Western and Irish" -- Heather Alexander

No YouTube link for this, but on my PlayOn setup for my Xbox (five dollars a month and worth three times that) I am listening to an episode of Great Performances on the PBS stream. Pierre Boulez (looking very old) is leading the Chicago Symphony in Gustav Mahler's Symphony No. 7. I didn't used to think I'd like Mahler until I heard the Oregon Symphony play his fourth symphony (which ends with a song about children who died young having a grand old time making mischief in Heaven), and now I'm hooked.

Previously I watched an anniversary concert from Carnegie Hall (I believe they were celebrating the famed venue's 120th anniversary). The program ranged from Beethoven's Triple Concerto for violin, cello and piano to a series of Duke Ellington songs. It ended with Gershwin's An American in Paris. Except for the Beethoven piece all the works were composed in the USA, including the Carnival Overture by Dvorak which opened the program (Antonin Dvorak was a Czech nationalist who took a position in the 1890s at the head of a new music conservatory in New York and composed some of his most famous music there, including the Symphony No. 9 "From the New World" which has become a global favorite).