What Are You Listening To Right Now?

Guest Black Lotus

Re: What Are You Listening To Right Now?

What is it that makes me think that if they made a Dragon Age movie it would have a lower budget than the games did?

(In case you were wondering, I have not played a Dragon Age game.)

Figured as much. :)

The first game was entertaining enough. Not sure it was huge budget though.

What is it that makes me think that if they made a Dragon Age movie it would have a lower budget than the games did?

(In case you were wondering, I have not played a Dragon Age game.)

Well I don't know about others, but I like Dragon Age. Take one part Mass Effect and one part Neverwinter Nights and stir them together. It goes down pretty good. I have a few complaints but those mostly revolve around "it isn't as freeform as Elder Scrolls." Then again, any non-Elder Scrolls game gets that same kind of complaint. A lot of folks complained about the second installment. I've played the demo and it intrigued me enough that I am going to buy a copy sometime after Christmas. Maybe before if I can get all the gifts I want to buy taken care of before November 11. After that, everything is on hold as I lose myself in Skyrim.

I only wish Dragon Age allowed for true top-down screen shots. Some of the armors and weapons would make for real nice top-down tokens for MapTool. :)

Someone just pointed this out to me:

Scottish Pirate Metal in case you wanted yet another category for your music.

Yeah, I was just going to post of some Alestorm, as I've been listening to their whole catalog on shuffle/repeat while playing my heavily modded (community Mod Build13, in fact) version of Pirates of the Caribbean (the original from 2003-4, which was actually Bethesda/Akella's Sea Dogs 2 bought & Disney-ized)

Captain Morgan's Revenge, Nancy The Tavern Wench, Wenches & Mead, Wolves of the Sea, & Black Sails at Midnight are other great songs they do

Oh, and they did an amusing cover of Lazytown's kid song You are a Pirate as a bonus track

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=os5TXyJlEMc

I've become borderline obsessed with this version of this song this week. :)

Heard it on Spotify, and then found the other versions (including Donovan's original) the weird part about it is that the original and most covers are rather sad. It's a song about longing for someone you can't have.

But this one? He keeps throwing in never say die lines in the middle and at the end - beyond it being a rock version of the song, it's more hopeful. I like hope.

I've become borderline obsessed with this version of this song this week. :)

Heard it on Spotify, and then found the other versions (including Donovan's original) the weird part about it is that the original and most covers are rather sad. It's a song about longing for someone you can't have.

But this one? He keeps throwing in never say die lines in the middle and at the end - beyond it being a rock version of the song, it's more hopeful. I like hope.

Yea, I like this version best as well.

Audiobook of Patton Oswalt's Zombie Spaceship Wasteland.

His new special was on Showtime this week and I don't have showtime so until a video/audio release comes I decided having him read his own book aloud would be almost as good.

I couldn't find this in an embeddable form so you'll have to settle for a Vimeo hyperlink. This performance of Bob Dylan's "My Back Pages" took place in 1992 at a concert to celebrate the 30th anniversary of the folk/rock legend's debut. Joining Dylan in this finale are a virtual constellation of rock and roll greats, including Tom Petty, Niel Young, Eric Clapton (who contributes a blistering bridge) and finally George Harrison.

I saw this video just once in the '90s and have been looking for it ever since.