What Are You Listening To Right Now?

Guest Black Lotus

1 hour ago, Michael Hopcroft said:

I was referring to the cover image.

And you may consider this painful, though I have no idea why: right now "Scenes from an Italian Restaurant" by Billy Joel is playing. I do not get why so many people hate his work.

Billy Joel Greatest Hits Vol 1 and 2 were part of my music mix on Tuesday. I've owned some of his CDs for well over 30 years.

6 hours ago, Michael Hopcroft said:

I was referring to the cover image.

And you may consider this painful, though I have no idea why: right now "Scenes from an Italian Restaurant" by Billy Joel is playing. I do not get why so many people hate his work.

Some of it I like, some is just meh to me.  "Scenes from an Italian Restaurant" I like because I remember the summer of 1975, and because I remember an are-they-aren't-they couple whose names were also Brenda and Eddie from a few years after that, and his analysis of the situation is spot on.  "Pressure" is another favorite, from the baseball situation and reference in the last verse (and yes, I have struck out to end a ball game).  Others are good too as long as they aren't overplayed, which happened a lot back in the 1970s.

16 hours ago, Michael Hopcroft said:

Game five of the NHL Playoff series between the Vancouver Canucks and the (defensing league champions) St. Louis Blues. I'm blacked out from the video feed because I'm in North America and don;t have a Comcast TV account.

I think I will end up being in a similar situation in the coming months.  The Sounders announced earlier this week that their games will be be streamed via Amazon Prime to locations within Washington State, which by implication means they won't be available here via any other path.  I have been assiduously avoiding Amazon for the last 8-10 years or so ... they are not particularly good neighbors ... but I may end up poaching my daughter's subscription to watch the games.  Frankly, his masterpiece is Captain Jack.