• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cygnia

• Logan D. Hurricanes

• Cancer

• SteveZilla

Re: "Neat" Pictures

Marilyn liked Ella Fitzgerald before Ella Fitzgerald was cool, man.

Seriously, though, that's neat. I'd never heard much about Marilyn beyond her being a pill-hound predecessor to every other strung-out starlet we see today. The recent movie about her didn't do much to disabuse that notion.

It's good to know she had her shining moments too.

Ack! I've been out-louded! *snif!* I can hardly bear the shame (but I'll manage). ;)

This is only the beginning! I've needed some new shirts for a while, and I bought another on the way home for $2. :eg:

ETA: Seriously! That is one cool shirt' date=' in a goofy-uncle sort of way. I'm assuming that's what you were going for? [/quote']

I love Hawaiian shirts for all they represent. Used to wear them all the time. And here in Florida, they're not nearly so out of place, so I can get away with a lot more. It's funny, wearing it today is the first time I felt 'right' in a long time. Shows just how screwed up I am, i guess.

I love Hawaiian shirts for all they represent. Used to wear them all the time. And here in Florida' date=' they're not nearly so out of place, so I can get away with a lot more. It's funny, wearing it today is the first time I felt 'right' in a long time. Shows just how screwed up I am, i guess.

iirc, you did recently move to Florida, yes? I'm in Tallahassee -- anywhere close to where you wound up?

Part of your Magnum P.I. costume? ;)

Magnum getting older, yes. That did occur to me in the mirrored elevator.

iirc' date=' you did recently move to Florida, yes? I'm in Tallahassee -- anywhere close to where you wound up?[/quote']

Rival city: Gainesville, you dirty 'Nole!

Magnum getting older, yes. That did occur to me in the mirrored elevator.

Rival city: Gainesville, you dirty 'Nole!

Heh. I never went to FSU. I'm here just for a job.

On occasion I drive to Ft. Myers to visit my sister and her family, going though Gainesville. I'd be up for stopping and having lunch there. To me, with gas at $3.89 a gallon for regular, a 2.5 hr drive is a bit far otherwise -- I hope you understand. :)

Gainesville' date=' you dirty 'Nole![/quote']

When the new sports drink was invented in Florida, they wanted to name it after one of the regional mascots.

They called it Gatorade because

it sounds better than Seminole Fluid.

My new thrift store treasure. I never buy clothes on impulse, but I saw this and had to have it. Got a lot of compliments for it, too :thumbup:

IMG_20120419_202738-1.jpg

Very nice! I have one a bit louder then that, but you can't go wrong with wrong shirts! I'll see if I can get a picture of mine.

Heh. I never went to FSU. I'm here just for a job.

On occasion I drive to Ft. Myers to visit my sister and her family, going though Gainesville. I'd be up for stopping and having lunch there. To me, with gas at $3.89 a gallon for regular, a 2.5 hr drive is a bit far otherwise -- I hope you understand. :)

I'm just here for the job, too, but I've been made very aware of what my priorities should be will be after living here for a while.

I think a lunch meeting at some point would be great, and I certainly understand about gas and travel.

Your gas is still under $4? How quaint :D