• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cygnia

• Logan D. Hurricanes

• Cancer

• SteveZilla

Re: "Neat" Pictures

I did a second pass. Here's the finished product.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]44026[/ATTACH]

The only criticism I could give is that it's not a close enough match to your skin color. I know that's a tough job, but if you want to get it right, it should look like unbroken skin, instead of a mask.

The only criticism I could give is that it's not a close enough match to your skin color. I know that's a tough job' date=' but if you want to get it right, it should look like unbroken skin, instead of a mask.[/quote']

I'm actually lucky in this regard. Jennifer was a theater major and has promised to match my skin tone with her makeup sorcery (which is unknown to me).

I'm actually lucky in this regard. Jennifer was a theater major and has promised to match my skin tone with her makeup sorcery (which is unknown to me).

I know it has already been addressed that you can see through the mask, but I'm still not sure how that works. Perhaps you could fill me in.

And while I know you can't eat or drink through the mask, I wonder how it affects your ability to breathe. And how long you can wear it at a time before it becomes unbearably hot and sticky under it.

I know it has already been addressed that you can see through the mask, but I'm still not sure how that works. Perhaps you could fill me in.

And while I know you can't eat or drink through the mask, I wonder how it affects your ability to breathe. And how long you can wear it at a time before it becomes unbearably hot and sticky under it.

The Question...does not answer to you... ;):D

Be happy to. I did some research on people who had done the mask and I wasn't really happy with any of the techniques, but I liked some of their ideas. Most people dyed cheese cloth and glued it to a circle of wire and pulled it across their face and attached it with string or hooks to go over their ears. I thought that would make breathing and seeing difficult, so I:

1) Bought a Venetian style card stock mask. They are very tough, like the drink carriers you get at fast food places.

2) I widened the eye holes and nose holes and removed the chin (since the mask is smaller than my face)

3) Built a wire frame to cover my lower face and chin and attached it to my base mask.

4) Took the cotton batting that you use for quilting can covered the whole thing so that under the "skin" of the mask it would have some softness (like real human skin). I then cut away the batting that was over the eye holes.

5) Took a child sized dance leotard and cut out a section big enough to cover the mask. That gave me two pieces, a thick one and the sheer lining.

6) Placed the thick fabric over the mask and cut out the eye holes again. This was to make the area under the final layer look more like flesh.

7) Finally I cover the mask with the sheer lining. It's pulled tight enough that I can see through it. When I breath it actually draws cool air into the mask and there is no restriction in my breathing. The mask is held in place tightly by the hat.

As for duration of wear, I wore it yesterday with no heat or breathing issues until my gaming group told me to stop (because no-face people are creepy) and that was about an hour. :)