• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cygnia

• Logan D. Hurricanes

• Cancer

• SteveZilla

Re: "Neat" Pictures

He's got the mouth for it' date=' which would probably the the point where a lot of would-be Jokers come short.[/quote']

His chin is shaped like the Jerry Robinson version of Joker. He deifinitely has the right look. His makeup is fantastic and the details on the fabric are very well done.

That painting choice there is kinda creepy. Yes, the heavy-set woman in the painting is portrayed as beautiful, but she shouldn't give a wistful look to that one.

Spoilered for trigger words

Rape of the Daughters of Leucippus c. 1617

by Peter Paul Rubens

A wikipedia link to the story depicted.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leucippus_(mythology)

That painting choice there is kinda creepy. Yes, the heavy-set woman in the painting is portrayed as beautiful, but she shouldn't give a wistful look to that one.

Spoilered for trigger words

Rape of the Daughters of Leucippus c. 1617

by Peter Paul Rubens

A wikipedia link to the story depicted.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leucippus_(mythology)

Not everything which contains "trigger wiords" is about the "trigger words".

It's a well-known piece of art, wherein despite the repugnamce of the subject matter to modern sensibilities, the females depicted were rendered as beautiful as the artist could imagine at the time, and that meant they were not skinny, but kind of the supermodel depictions of their day. Nobody is suggesting that she's wistful over rape, but over the fact that although that shape was considered beautiful at one time, it is not highly valued today.

Having said all that, the Rape of the Daughters of Leucippus was a very poor choice of image to make the point that big girls are also beautiful.

She's missing the Mauser. I like that outfit. She put a lot of work into it.

I saw another pic of her and she had the Mauser. The stockings made me wonder if she was doing Rocketeer or Betty dressed as Rocketeer, but SDCC has done a LOT of gender swapped heroes and heroines over the past two years.

I saw another pic of her and she had the Mauser. The stockings made me wonder if she was doing Rocketeer or Betty dressed as Rocketeer' date=' but SDCC has done a LOT of gender swapped heroes and heroines over the past two years.[/quote']

The easy answer to that is "yes". She was doing "Rocketeer Betty". I've more pics from that shoot somewhere.