The "Nice Happy" Thread

Hermit

Re: The "Nice Happy" Thread

I find myself wondering what I can give him to play with that he can take apart and put back together. Because if I don't give him something' date=' he might find something.[/quote']

Your sanity? (works for both)

A simple Meccano set' date=' then. Or Lego![/quote']

He does seem to be more interested in my thirty-year accumulation of Lego than his brother is. Maybe if I can filter out the bigger pieces...

Vimes' suggestion also merits consideration if only because it made me lol.

Also... I rarely post in here because I am neither nice nor happy. But today I was notified that I passed the CISSP exam I took last month. Now I can apply for that federal job that's almost certainly no longer open! Or others that come along.

As I was taking a walk this afternoon along a nature trail near work, I saw a bird by the creek acting funny. Jumping around along the bank. So I stopped to take a closer look. It was a grackle having a fight with a little grass snake! The bird was just beating the holy hell out of the snake, which was just trying to get away. Every time it slithered away, the bird grabbed it with its beak, shook it around, and dropped it on the ground. The fight lasted maybe 3-4 minutes, until the snake just gave up and died.

I have no idea why this made me happy. But it was really cool and fun to watch. Nature, red in tooth and claw.

Saturday I went up to Reading and had a couple of games of Apples to Apples. And one of King of Tokyo.

Off late to have dinner in an Italian restaurant before going to see Thoroughly Modern Millie that a friend was in. She was in the Chorus. Fetish thing for the husband. His wife is on stage; in one scene as an office worker; in another behind bars; and lastly in a maid's outfit. At the end she was not on stage to take the bows with the rest of the chorus when shen suddenly appears dressed as a China woman, the mother of the villain's henchmen.

Her husband got her flowers early in the day which was nice. Their kid, young Apocalypse, meanwhile was buried under soft toys a couple of times. I should know I am the one who buried him.

Got back into London just after midnight Sunday.

Sunday morning I got up and went to Comic Con in London. I was there to see one of the Deviant Artists called humon. But the costumes people were wearing. Quite incredible. Danny De Vito was there speaking about a film called the Lorax. I did not see him. What I did see was the name of the other person doing a talk. Cassandra Petersen aka Elvira Mistress of the Dark. I saw her presentation as she was flogging Elvira's Haunted Hills. So I got her autograph.

Shame I did not bring a camera. I could scar the psyche of Keyes Bill for good. Fat stormtroopers are one thing. But fat Lara Croft is another. And Fat female Loki. And then there is the small question of people dressed as Bunnys. Three words. Wrong body shape.

A bit of a "sad" happy: we finally retired (traded in) the '03 Hyundai Elantra that had pretty much carried us to hell and back, with virtually no complaint, since 2005. 146,000+ miles. Now driving a 2011 Kia Forte. A bit more interior space, similar mpg rating, very similar overall driving "feel" to the Elantra. We are pleased. Kudos to my wife for the research that got us there.