The "Nice Happy" Thread

Hermit

Re: The "Nice Happy" Thread

My Husband is the most wonderful in the World. He worked hard all morning cleaning the house and doing laundry just because he wanted me to be happy when I woke up. He also offered to take me out to eat after work tonight. Life has blessed me indeed.

Sounds great! :thumbup:

I may have done some good today. Went to the supermarket and there were people collecting for a food bank. So after getting myself some groceries and Avenger Assemble on DVD I got some stuff for the food bank which was roughly a third of my total spend. True I get the points at the Supermarket but I got milk, tinned meat, tinned vegetables, tinned fruit, instant mash, pasta and UHT milk for the bank. And the people collecting were happy.

I may have done some good today. Went to the supermarket and there were people collecting for a food bank. So after getting myself some groceries and Avenger Assemble on DVD I got some stuff for the food bank which was roughly a third of my total spend. True I get the points at the Supermarket but I got milk' date=' tinned meat, tinned vegetables, tinned fruit, instant mash, pasta and UHT milk for the bank. And the people collecting were happy.[/quote']

Good indeed. Have some rep.

Yesrerday was the first time in exactly two months (July 27th to September 27th) that I have seen my old work colleagues. One was leaving to go to the Ministry of (in)Justice and it was their leaving do. Sc after coming up through town and doing some shopping, I get to the old workplace at roughly ten to five. Drinks are around 5, so I sit around and see people and exchange greetings with those who recognise and remember me. Spent most of the evening talking to the other person in my old team who was under threat of redundancy at the same time I was. He got through the appeals on account of disability. End of the evening guided him through the underground as his disability (and the booze) had a bit of an effect. He had actually missed me. Which was nice.

Of the shopping now have birthday present for friend for later in year.

Finished the first draft of my short story "This Body of Death" last night. Though 19K words doesn't seem to me as a short story. My editor asked me to write it after he read "New Life." Now I need to edit and get those to him for a collection.