The "Nice Happy" Thread

Hermit

• 5 months later...

Re: The "Nice Happy" Thread

A few days ago a guy cut me off in the mall parking lot, I parked and started inside as I saw the guy who just cut me off running up to me.

I thought "Well I guess this fella's wanting an ***-whooping." and I prepared myself for the worst because the human species as a whole is kind of a collective group of jerks.

Guy comes up, sticks out his hand and says he was sorry.

My brother, his wife, and I had a great weekend. I love their house and he showed me around Seattle. We ate at Dick's Burgers, and as far as I can tell, it's a descriptive term rather than an owner's name, but we had a great time anyway.

After about 15 years, I'm getting back in touch with my College Sorority. It is not one of the Grand Old ones, it is only 25 years old, and I remember its beginning well. As soon as Yahoo processes my membership, I can join their Yahoo group. It will be nice to go back to part of my wild, wild youth. :D

My brother' date=' his wife, and I had a great weekend. I love their house and he showed me around Seattle. We ate at Dick's Burgers, and as far as I can tell, it's a descriptive term rather than an owner's name, but we had a great time anyway.[/quote']

HEY!

Dick's has great hamburgers for the price. Very common weekend lunch for us, on our way to (or back from) the zoo, aquarium, a park, etc.

Seriously ... which one did you go to? The two northernmost of them (there's five) are not far from my place.

HEY!

Dick's has great hamburgers for the price. Very common weekend lunch for us, on our way to (or back from) the zoo, aquarium, a park, etc.

Seriously ... which one did you go to? The two northernmost of them (there's five) are not far from my place.

We went to the one sorta close to Key Arena. It was an actual building. And it was good food. I was just amused at the multihue-haired rude kids who helped us.

We went to the one sorta close to Key Arena. It was an actual building. And it was good food. I was just amused at the multihue-haired rude kids who helped us.

OK, that's the one on Queen Anne. That's the only Dick's with inside seating, I think. The rest are pure drive-ins with walk-up windows, not even tables in the parking lot.

A brief story about nothing

By Blue

There were film trailiers parked across the street from work. This is not the first time. I'm located in a downtown area across from a 100 year old court building that's in beautiful shape.

Last time they filmed there it was some B-movie. Before that was some scenes from the live action/animated mix movie Rocky & Bullwinkle. I have a beautiful photo on my desk of a dear (and now deceased) friend taken when Catch me if you Can was being filmed there; She's standing just behind Spielberg & Hanks, while Stephen displays proudly his leatherbound script for the camera.

So I'm eager to find out what's going on. Nobody seems to know or even have noticed the trailers.

Lunch time finally comes! So I jaunt down the 9 flights of stairs (because an elevator at lunch could be a long wait) and stroll over. I spy a cop standing guard over the site. I stroll up to him.

"Hi. What are they filming today?"

"Oh. Uh. Taco Bell Commercial."

"Really?" I rhetorically ask, disappointed inside but sounding mildly excited about it. Not gonna be any stars to ask about then. But because of the unexpected enthusiasm I displayed for no reason, I can't resist but follow up with, "Is the Chihauaha here?!?!"

The cop looks at me blank faced. No sense of humor at all.

So I came back to the office. It occurs to me then that I should have yelled "Yo Quiero Taco Bell!" a few times to see if it answered from one of the trailers.

But it's probably a good thing I didn't think of that; I'm allergic to nightstick beatings.

OK' date=' that's the one on Queen Anne. That's the only Dick's with inside seating, I think. The rest are pure drive-ins with walk-up windows, not even tables in the parking lot.[/quote']

Yeah, that's what they were telling me. Seattle was a blast. We had dinner at Bepo's...

I just got a nice email from the people at Zit travel (I kiddest thou not). The missus and I are going to Santorini for a week in June and they have booked us into one of those glossy white hotels that perch on the crater rim, where every room has a view out over the sea.

The nice, happy part? I'm going as as expert speaker at a meeting there, so all my costs are covered - I pay about 300 bucks for Kath's airfare and that's it. :D

cheers, Mark

What makes the sour faced deprived of his rightful destiny as NGD president Tribble happy ?

Gillian Anderson in Bleak House;

the X-Files;

the new Planet Earth programme;

some years back when I was sweeping the roads as a Summer job during the hiatus between terms at college, seeing two people walk by in a park talking to each other in sign language. That still brings a degree of warmth to my stone cold heart.

What is "nice happy" to me? Hearing that something can warm the stone cold heart of a tribble; proving that you can get blood out of a stone :)

some years back when I was sweeping the roads as a Summer job during the hiatus between terms at college' date=' seeing two people walk by in a park talking to each other in sign language. That still brings a degree of warmth to my stone cold heart.[/quote']