What would your Character Do?

SuperBlue

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lose a phase from sheer surprise?

Mayday : Go for the Paramedics roll if I can get through the armor, and drug him if hes not outright dying on me. He WON'T die on me if I can help it, grandpere has had several heart attacks himself so medication is in my bag and I know what to do. Teammates will take care of the minions and I will attack any who try to capitalize on this after a warning to stop.

Wraith : Haymaker. Unless he's spitting up blood take him out then deal with the minion hordes and any other objectives given by PRIMUS, such as securing nuclear weaponry. If he dies, so be it. If he dies at my hand I will face the board of Inquiry and any reprimand stoicly, but I know and you know that I am likely to receive a slap on the wrist by my superiors and my fellow heroes don't like my PRIMUS affiliation anyway.

ShadowCross : The other hero teams are likely mopping up the army of minions while we used them as a distraction to get onto the base/island and accomplish something vital, like shut down a nuclear launch. So we will do that and fight those in our way. As far as I know he has not triggered her intent to kill so will focus on the strongest minion and work her way down while keeping an eye out. If he moves (let alone gets up) throw an RKA his way and keep going. Probably one of the other teams will kill or incapacitate him however. If not one of mine will. Probably NoirBuck or Fletch.

Sabre : Noone on the team is a medic, but if the troops see Dr. D is down and in our hands they should give up the fight, so pick him up and leave very publicly, head for the nearest US Navy or Army base. Sabre moves extremely fast and the base will have facilities to check his condition and keep him out of action.

Lone Star- Shoot dawgie, time to grow to full height, pluck that Doctor up, and wave him like a banner and yell out "Your leader is down, withdraw, withdraw!" Then try to get him some medical coverage. Breaking up the war will save more lives, so that's first priority.

Slammer- He saw me and fainted, damn, I am in the big leagues now. After making a PER check, I realize he could be dying. Hate to do it, but call a more experienced hero for guidance on this one.

Surge- Oh, fantastic. I'm facing the modern face of evil and he's dying on me? Scan his armor for any electrical activity, arc tunnel a few goons in the immediate area to clear some 'space', then, if need be, open up the armor enough so I can jump start the cretin's heart. Would also take this chance to depower certain of his armor systems so when, which is more likley than if, the ingrateful SOB tried to betray us for saving him, I could flick him off like a clapper.

Wildcard- The guy's a massmurderer, and karma is finally catching up to him. Take this chance to make sure he goes unconscious and stays there, if he dies, well... I'm crying no tears, and couldn't have happened to a nicer #$#$.

Salvo: Dr who? Doesn't matter, Kill him. He started this war so why are you asking me to play with kid gloves? Same for his army. They knew what they were getting into when they signed up and autofire strafing the area will even the odds quite a bit.

Originally posted by Hermit

Would also take this chance to depower certain of his armor systems so when, which is more likley than if, the ingrateful SOB tried to betray us for saving him, I could flick him off like a clapper.

Oh man, the players in my game should be grateful that none of them are playing armored heroes right now. CLAP ON!!! CLAP OFF!!!

thanks hermit for a entertaining idea.

My Turn.

Super Blue - try to save his life. Killing him would be wrong - especially in his current state, and he'd make sure no one tried to coup de grace him (even if it meant fighting his own teammates or another Hero).

Shifter - Teleport his armor off his body, and teleport him to a hospita ASAP. If he tried something funny, he'd say "sit still or I might accidently teleport your head off" (though he wouldn't really, code vs killing is a real female dog sometimes).

Originally posted by Mayday

Lose a phase from sheer surprise?

I think that will be in order indeed;

Priorities are:

1) Protect the innocents. If you're heroes, that is

2) Stop the agents. Goes well with 1)

3) Get Dr. D, alive. Maybe is is detaining secrets about his master plan, a bomb or something (real reason is that way he can come back again :P ).

So the best thing to do seems a Presence attack on the troops at a key moment. You've got to get their attention. If you got something as a Red White and Blue hero or an Immortal, you should get them to disapear through the cracks with the presence modifiers. Make them beleive he is dead, so the second-in command would take control, while Destroyer allies with the group to bring down his own organisation.

Six other whole teams are helping? Okay...

Wary that this is not the real Dr. Destroyer, I'd shout for a team to subdue and check on him while four other teams continue crowd control on the villain's minions. Meanwhile my team would at least for the next couple phases commit themselves to scanning the area for any sign of the "real" Doc or for sensors that may be monitoring us, because the obvious reasons for using a decoy would be to either catch us by surprise in mid-fight, or so that he can evaluate how the teams work together so he can use it against us later.

Of course if it turns out to be the real doc, my team would attempt to bring him back, since I have no means to do so.

Re: What would your Character Do?

Originally posted by SuperBlue

You are in the middle of a battle (along side 6 other super-Hero teams) with Dr. Destroyer when he clutches his chest and falls over (Heart Attack). His armies are still attacking people, and overall just reaking havoc.

What do you do?

Leave him to die and defend the innocents still in danger.

The Bowman would keep fighting the agents, he leaves badguys like Dr D to the ones who can fight it

Bastion: Force dome around the good doctor and start performing surgery, he is a living being and deserves a right to redeam himself (Bastion would think Hitler could be redeamed)

Star Knight: would most likely try to stabalise him and take him to the intergalactic tribunal, but if he died he would not care that much

What would I do?? Simple. He's down and his DCV is minimal. I'd keep hitting him in the head until I see gray matter. Additionally, when I'm out of rounds, I'd push on every hit until I was burning STUN. He may have started the war but I'll be darned sure I'm going to finish it for him.

Originally posted by Alex Raven

What would I do?? Simple. He's down and his DCV is minimal. I'd keep hitting him in the head until I see gray matter. Additionally, when I'm out of rounds, I'd push on every hit until I was burning STUN. He may have started the war but I'll be darned sure I'm going to finish it for him.

I'd Martial Grab the sucker to ensure that Alex Raven gets a nice DCV 0 so he can target the head more easily.

"Nice try, Dr. Destroyer... but you didn't really expect to fool us with as shoddy a trick as that, did you?"

*whisper* "Go for the Vitals, we gotta make sure he can't reproduce."

Most of my characters would drop everything in an attempt to save Dr. Destroyer... Why?

Because Dr. Destroyer is Earth's Mightiest Champion! He's the last line of defense (and in some cases only realistic defense) against:

Istvatha V'Han

Mechanon

Tyrannon

The Warlord

Takofanes

Eurostar

Menton

Gravitar

Any and all alien invasion fleets

Everyone else

Sure, Dr. D. is bad news in and of himself. But he's fairly predictable, and there's only the one of him. He won't allow anyone else to conquer Earth, and he's not been especially successful at taking it over himself. He can usually be contained. I mean, honestly, he's been at it since the '50's, and the worst he's done is blow up one lousy Midwestern city. Heck, large portions of it survived relatively unscathed! That's a small price to pay for alien invasion insurance, if you ask me. Gotta keep the old geezer propped up, or Earth will be overrun within the week.

However, you must never let on to Dr. Destroyer that you WANT him alive and well. He might become petulant and refuse to save the Earth out of spite.

The Tornado (Speedster): The agents are definitely the biggest threat now..and speedsters LOVE agents! ;-) So, I'd start plotting multiple Move-Bys like crazy..maybe some Grab-Bys targetted at their weaponry, too...just to mix it up a bit. Not too worried about the Doc...couldn't stop him from escaping if I wanted to! Well, alone anyway. With the rest of the team, I'd still probably leave that to those who could manage to keep a crippled DD under wraps, while I started whitling down the agent count.

Of course, as we discovered in our first playtest this weekend, all Fantastic Man (another pc in the group) has to do is appear before the agents and shout his catchphrase (which gives him +40 PRE vs. normals for PRE attacking purposes) and they'll scatter immediately..well..those who aren't too busy wetting themselves to scatter, that is.

-T

Hardware: Hardware would just let his teammates worry about Destroyer because 1) he doesn't have the medical training to do anything about the heart attack anyway and 2) at that moment he most likely already has his hands full trying disable the doomsday device de jour before it kills millions of inocent people.

He'd remember that Dr. Destroyer has used impostors and stand-ins before and it's unlikely in the world of Champions that the world's greatest mega-villain is going to die of a frickin' heart attack.

He'd then take the almost undoubtedly innocent individual to the nearest hospital ASAP.