What would your Character Do?

SuperBlue

Originally posted by Alex Raven

Imposter or not...someone is going to the morgue. If it is an imposter, that's the price you pay for playing with the bad guys.

You left out "and getting sawed in half, vertically, with a butter knife and tossed behind a kindergarten."

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isnt Dr. Destroyer the man responsible for cleaning up the worst city in America like 10 years ago? The fella who caused 10 Billion dollars of civic improvements and indirectly created thousands of high paying technical jobs?

Why, Id rush that man to the taxidermist ASAP so that they could get him stuffed while still fresh, preserved for posterity! Or posterior, however you spell it. :cool:

Originally posted by Acroyear

You left out "and getting sawed in half, vertically, with a butter knife and tossed behind a kindergarten."

Hey! I don't recall anything about dumping the body behind a Kindergarten. I thought I left it under the stage for the school kids to find.

You forgot about the time the Kawanga Kid's girlfriend came up "missing" and was found stuffed with newspapers. It was one of my early attempts at taxidermy.

OH, yeah....

LifeSigns(alien bio-tech using blaster): Check vitals and lay down that healing aid on him. LS is an alien who with CvK who thinks that superheroes and villains are an elaborate cultural entertainment. Make sure the guy in armor lives, but disable all his robotic and electrical systems. LS dislikes machines.

Xu Liko(old martial artist): Arch an eyebrow at the fallen would-be dictator. Then slam a double knockback MA attack into his solarplexus, should leave a nice dent in the ground.

The Talon of the Yoma(Chinese King of a Hell, super-villain, but honorable): Grab the world threatening villain and take him to hell. Personally.

Chainsling(golem made of chains): Keep laying on those entangles, baby!

Troll(genetically engineered brick): Pick up the tin can and throw it as hard as possible into any enemy units.

Re: What would your Character Do?

Originally posted by SuperBlue

You are in the middle of a battle (along side 6 other super-Hero teams) with Dr. Destroyer when he clutches his chest and falls over (Heart Attack). His armies are still attacking people, and overall just reaking havoc.

What do you do?

I'd stop his armies first, and see to the Dr.'s medical attention second. This is assuming that medical attention cannot be given to the doctor while the armies are being dealt with at the same time. My reasons are thus:

• It may seem callous, but many cases of cardiac arrest, people can survive for at least a minute or two. That's a minimum of 5 turns.
  • I'm not risking lives on what might be a "clever ruse."
  • Super-heroes usually have access to extraordinary medical resources. The Doc will just have to hope that he won't go too far before I can apply them.

• 2 weeks later...

My Girlfriend!?!

Originally posted by Acroyear

On purpose. And then you go and remind me.

Piker.

Damn, you Raven! How could you do that to my girlfriend? The one who I poured my heart and soul out to, who betrayed me and almost got me killed...

Hm.... Hey, want a beer?

The Rook: Switch over my VPP to an AP Mental transform and save his mind(removing all those nasty Psy lims and replacing them with socially beneficial Psy lims) then switch it over to cure Spiritual disads, then switch it over to Phisical transform to make him a good guy once and for all.

If he doesnt die by then. If he does, then resurrect him.

Most of the others persoanlly dont give a flying flip and wouldn't know him as anything other than a knockoff Dr Doom. :)

Cheeta (speedster): Continue multiple move-bys on the minions.

Dolphin (semi-pacifist brick): Continue protecting civilians, Presence Attack the minions. "You're Boss is down. Lay down weapons so the paramedics can treat him, or your paychecks will bounce like superballs!"

Millennium (ultra boy scout, embodies Campbell's "Hero With a Thousand Faces"): Fly over, apply Lancelot-like healing touch, fully expecting that when Dr. D is better he can call upon a debt of honor to get him to call a cease fire.

Iron Will (quadroplegic telekinetic gadgeteer): Use TK to remove his armor, rig defibulator from gadget pool.

Snow Leopard (daughter of Storm by Wolverine): Superleap over, pull off his helmet, pop claws and Presence Attack the minions. "Drop guns NOW or your boss gets carved like a brisket!"

Fire Knight (manga-inspired swordsman)-Check to make sure this is The Real Dr. Destroyer In All Respects. Then cut off his head and mount it on a pike.

The Hammer (brick/martial artist)-Peel the armor off, revive him, use every entangle known to man to ensure he doesn't escape, drop him in Stronghold personally. If he so much as whispers a word of disagreement, pound him into pulp.

You are in the middle of a battle (along side 6 other super-Hero teams) with Dr. Destroyer when he clutches his chest and falls over (Heart Attack). His armies are still attacking people, and overall just reaking havoc.

What do you do?

Golden Eagle would use his Gauss Reflection Electro-Magnetic Linear INverter (GREMLIN) Ray on Destroyer's armor to deactivate it, then use his Diamagnetic Tractor Arrays to airlift him to medical help.

Revenant would reach a ghostly hand into Destroyer's chest and remove his soul. Once he had done this, he would let the souls own weight drag it to hell...

What do you do?

I would protect innocents first. Once his armies were subdued I would attempt to save Dr. Destroyer. If he died, I would solemnly, though not regretfully, acknowledge his passing. Now, that's in character.

If a guy that murdered that many people was having a heart attack near me, for real, and I could legally get away with it I would help his heart fail.

What do you do?

Cyberknight: Move to Doctor D, activate the remote interface system built into my armor to access Destroyers life-support systems and initiate triage care until he can be moved to a safer location for removal from his armor and incarceration. Direct Anvil (Battlesuit brick), Long Tom (Battlesuit with a real penchant for long-range fire support), and Nighthawk (General-purpose battlesuit) to press the engagement with the agents...

Anvil: Glare at the boyscout-in-a-can (agian), and (very calmly) inform said BSIAC that the agents are already being well and truly taken care of.

Long Tom: Lay a smoke screen between DD and his agents per request, and work up a firing solution for the anti-armor round that has Destroyer's name on it.

Nighthawk: Are you CRAZY, old man? That (unflattering description of DD removed by the Comics Code Authority!) finally goes to the Hell he deserves, and you want to save his life? SOMEBODY GET A STRAIGHT JACKET! SUPER SIZED!

What do you do?

Anthem: being the head of Americas paramilitary superhero task force and a veteran of both world wars would very much consider this a military operation and would make sure destroyer was down for the count - spandex losers in colorful costumes may have impractical codes they live by, but Anthem's team fights in accordance with the rules of land warfare, which is pretty expansive once the bullets start flying. Fighting fair means you lose 50% of the time, and when you have 300 million American's safety and liberty on your shoulders you aren't being paid to fight fair - your being paid to win. Destroyer would still - even with a heart attack - pose a significant threat to operational integrity, personnel, and any civillians in the area. I'd finish him.

If however he really was down for the count (obviously so) he'd order him secured and have him treated by Mind's Eye (a trained psychiatrist, and therefore MD) while the teams cybernetic expert - white panther - disbled his weapons systems.

• 6 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Warp: Cut his head off. Warp has a very strong personal reason to want Doctor Destroyer dead, due to his mother being killed in the Battle of Detroit.

Spectrum: Makes sure it wasn't just a ploy, and if it wasn't, makes sure to disable all the armor and gadgets on him and uses his capture to break the morale of his minions.

He'll worry about having medical aid administered to the doctor only after his minions are defeated. It's a military situation, and defeat of the enemy is the highest priority. If he dies, oh well. If he lives, well then a War Crimes Trial will be in order.

Mystic: Uses soul sight to make sure this is Doctor Destroyer, then animates the Destroyer's body and have it order his minions to surrender.

Starguard -- Heal him, but also keep him unconscious. Then use the Power Cosmic to get him out of the armor. Then hand him over to PRIMUS and get back into the fight.

Dr. Pain -- "... MEDIC! And bring the jaws of life and some handcuffs, too!"

Baron von Darien -- "How ironic, that *I* am the one pounding a stake through *your* heart. Figuratively speaking, of course."

*finishes Destroyer off, with extreme thoroughness*

Starguard -- Heal him' date=' but also keep him unconscious. Then use the Power Cosmic to get him out of the armor. Then hand him over to PRIMUS and get back into the fight.[/quote']Hmmm, this is going to cause some problems intra-team problems

"I'm sorry, Starguard, but I can't let you."

*T-ports her away from The Destroyer*

I hope she'll understand someday.

Style - "Great, now it will be 'Son of Destroyer', or the 'Destroyer Clone Army', or this one was a clone sent out to trick us again, or his death triggers a doomsday device, or..." heals the old bastard while keeping him unconcious and trying to get him out of the armor. Drops a few Spirit Rats into the armor to chew away as much as possible before the armor's own AI takes over and starts trying to rescue its master.

Flesh Gordon - "Uh-oh. You don't look so good. Lucky for you I'm a fully trained medical doctor! What you need is to stand on your head! Or was that your feet? Head? Feat? Head? Feat? Say, this is really cool armor. Hey, look, agents! To battle, and victory!"

Flesh has no medical training except possibly from his Space Adventurer PS.