USPD

rayoman

I picked my copy of USPD on Friday. I have read a little, but so far I LOVE this product. This product was a long, long time coming. I plan on running a Champions game as soon as my group wraps up our DnD 3rd edition version of the old G-series modules. The USPD will make this transition easier because only 1 of the players has any familiarity with Champions and the Hero System.

Thanks for such a wonderful product. Btw, is there errata for it? The Mist Control Power has a discrepancy with how much TK Str the power supplies. The "EFFECT" heading lists the Tk STR at 24. The game stats list an 8 TK STR. which is it?

Re: USPD

Originally posted by rayoman

Thanks for such a wonderful product. Btw, is there errata for it? The Mist Control Power has a discrepancy with how much TK Str the power supplies. The "EFFECT" heading lists the Tk STR at 24. The game stats list an 8 TK STR. which is it?

I imagine the errata will be made available on the website shortly after people start sending the things they catch to Steve.

As far as the power itself, the 8 STR is correct for the active points of the power. The 24 STR is incorrect.

I don't have my book yet, but I had to design a Vampire-esque animal controller for my wife the other night. I just whipped open the playtest and turned to "animal powers" Poof! Right there was all I needed with options to fine-tune it, to boot. Excellent! Saved me a ton of time and brainpower.

Keith "I can hardly wait to see the book!" Curtis

Glad to hear the good reports, guys!

There's no errata yet because no one's reported any -- until now. The answer to your question, Rayoman, is that it should be 8 STR. When in doubt, just run the math yourself real quick and that'll tell you which one is correct.

Hopefully we'll have relatively few errata in this book. Some are inevitable, given the thousands of calculations involved, but between my work and the playtesters' work, hopefully most of 'em were rooted out and squashed. Monolith and Tom McCarthy between the two of 'em checked every power in the book at least once, and some of them twice.

As mentioned in other threads, stay tuned for the rolling-out tomorrow of our UNTIL SUPERPOWERS DATABASE webpage, with even more powers! And better still, there's a way for you to contribute if you find a power we've missed!

Books like USPD, the upcoming Spacer's Toolkit and Fantasy Hero Grimoire are going to go a long way to answering the complaints of all the math-phobes who whine about Hero character creation taking too long. I look forward to being able to say, "You want your character to do what? Okay, read this, then get back to me."

When we can finally add the HERO System Sidekick to our arsenal, we'll have all the tools we need to convert the ignorant masses. ;)

Steve,

As one of the original Calculator Commando's I could have done that if I would have made my EGO roll to overcome my Disadvantage: Lazy (Frequent, Strong). :)

This product is great! I can't wait to see the UNTIL Super Powers Database webpage. When I saw the layout of the book, I thought it reminded me of the WEG book put out for the DC Universe game. Then I got all warm and fuzzy inside when I saw the dedications page and Nikki's name was there.

Good Job, HG!

Originally posted by Steve Long

Glad to hear the good reports, guys!

There's no errata yet because no one's reported any -- until now. The answer to your question, Rayoman, is that it should be 8 STR. When in doubt, just run the math yourself real quick and that'll tell you which one is correct.

Heros & Villains

I was wondering if there are stats for many of the heros and villains used as examples in USPD? I have everything that is currently available from HG. There are some cool names and pictures in the USPD. I haven't had a chance to cross reference those names with stats from Champions, Champions Universe, Millennium City, and Conquerors, Killers and Crooks, but I was curious if there were stats already printed or will be printed in future products.

The "new" guys mentioned in the flavor text -- baddies like Fleshtone, the Curse, Morph, Dreamwitch, and such -- will make it into an enemies book the next time we do one for Champions. That'd probably be 2005, but it depends on all sorts of factors. I already have partial stats for a couple of 'em.

A couple of the villains mentioned -- Diamondback and Freon -- will show up in The VIPER Sourcebook.

I just got mine yesterday, but I think it is one of the best books DOJ has put out so far. I loved the UNTIL webpage examples in the book. The pictures and words in those examples really gave the book a "living" feel. The pictures just were not static, unknown individuals. The narrative brought it all to life.

Of course the fact that I get mentioned in the special thanks section is cool too! I told Steve I would be doing some gloating. :)

Well I have had the book for about a week now but did not want to post until I have read the whole thing.

This book is awesome!

Any editing problems people notice are more easily over looked than focused on. And because they build the power for you, you can easily see any game mechanic that is wrong and fix.

Thank You Steve