A Thread for Random Videos

Super Squirrel

This is more for the guy dancing than the music itself. He was Bobby Farrell who was in Boney M who had hits with Mary's Boy Child, Rasputin, Ma Barker, Brown Girl in the Ring and Rivers of Babylon

I only saw this video in the last couple of years and was unaware that Bobby had passed away in 2010. The video dates from 2005 which is 25 years after the groups heyday. I think the performance should be celebrated as he was 56 at the time.

At the risk of sounding snobby, (but I am) I've spent the last couple of years seeking my giggles elsewhere. Becoming a big fan of some comedians and comedy programs abroad - particularly the UK. 

And then there's Mr. Hills. 

Adam Hills was on Mock the Week once and I liked him and looked up some of his videos. I've seen several Spics and Specks episodes, the Adam Hills Show, his comedy specials (which are top notch) and Last Leg. 

Found this tonight and was appropriately amused.

I fear a good deal of us won't get this but thanks to Bazza (and INXS) I knew who Jimmy Barnes was and had heard the song. 

but this is a long lead in for a video. 

I give you the Australian National (Rock) Anthem.

As the music was written my Jonathan Caine from Journey I'd be opposed to using it as the music for Aussie National Anthem should be written by an Aussie. Would the British use music written from a Frenchman for their National Anthem? I doubt it, same thing. 

But it really is funny and good to watch again. Thanks for sharing again.

And hope you like the Spicks & Specks episodes you have seen. While it was on it was one of my favourite shows on TV. You will recall that Spicks & Specks is named after a early Bee Gees song. 

thanks again. 

As the music was written my Jonathan Caine from Journey I'd be opposed to using it as the music for Aussie National Anthem should be written by an Aussie. Would the British use music written from a Frenchman for their National Anthem? I doubt it, same thing.

That hasn't stopped the Americans -- our national anthem is a riff on an old English drinking song.