Is this android "anatomically correct"?

BobGreenwade

For a lot of folks, this would be just SFX... but assuming it isn't for the purposes of a particular game, how would you all represent the difference between a robot capable of "carnal relations" with a human and one that isn't? Would the Not Anatomically Correct (NAC) 'bot have a Physical Limitation, or the Quite Anatomically Correct (QAC) 'bot have a Power or Talent of some sort? (I'll probably be writing the character up as Automata, in case that makes a difference.) Or could the difference be as simple as letting the QAC 'bot use the COM Characteristic, but not the NAC 'bot?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Is this android "anatomically correct"?

This may sound stupid, but the answer to your question is how often does this come into play. Does the NAC or QAC have a big (ummm sorry) advantage of the other?

If a player came to you and said I am making a character up and that can't have sex. What would you reply? That is you answer. In most campaigns the "can't have sex thing" wouldn't be worth any points or would be woth VERY few. However if the player would get some points from it then the NAC should get some points in either a disadvantage or requiring the QAC to take a perk.

Now my next question is are most robots in your universe NAC or QAC. If they are NAC then require the QAC robot to take a perk. If most robots are QAC I would let the NAC take a disadvantage.

the real secret to itis what would you do with a player that wanted this.

His first post did state "Assuming it isn't an SFX issue..." :)

Had a thought .. since my brain works this way I thought, "Well, how would the bots come out of the factory?" Probably not anatomically correct NAC as adding parts is less wasteful than removing. So all bot's start as NAC, and somewhere a few a moved into the Anatomilca Production Line and gain the 1pt Perk "Anatomically Correct" and become QACs.

No Disad, Perk or Talent. Just define in the one's background that he has a robot willy. I would think that most people would naturally assume that androids are not going to be "fully functional." So just including that fact in the background is plenty.

Not having reproductive organs is a 0 point disad for an Android other than a sexbot, and might be a racial trait. It is a disad, but it never causes the android any trouble and is worth nothing. For most human characters, it would be a 5 Point Phys Lim, and maybe a social limitation in some cultures.

If he's built with the "automaton" rules, I'd say he'd need the PERK in order to have sex. If he's not, I'd say he'd need a limitation in order to not be able to.

I wouldn't have thought of a PERK as the way to go for the first part, but that actually fits pretty well, and doesn't break the bank point-wise.

Well, first and foremost, just how often does this come up ... er ...

How often do these circumstances arise ... er ...

Dammit.

How often will the character care that he/she can or cannot have sex? A lot of it depends on the game in question. If you're doing, say, something modern-Bond-espionageish where Seduction rolls are commonplace, then it matters. On the other hand, this would make him immune to seduction attempts on him ... so, really, I'd call it a zero-pointer, as it seems pretty even.

In my games, well ... it's not really worth any points because matters of, ah, intimacy don't really become issues (I don't just do mainstream comics, I still keep the Comics Code Authority up). On the other hand, I have been in the presence of gamers who were so, uhm ... I'll say obsessed with the subject that they thought a character trapped in a containment suit should get a separate 25 point Phys Lim simply titled 'Can't Have Sex'.

Fellas, I'm ready to get up and do my thing

I wanta get into it, man, you know....

Like a, like a sex machine, man,

Movin'... doin' it, you know

Can I count it off? (Go ahead)

Spoken: One, two, three, four!

Get up, get on up

Get up, get on up

Stay on the scene, like a sex machine

James Brown

This issue could be part of a cyberpunk character, depending on how prolific androids are. But it sould actually be handled by other disadvatages and abilities like Distinctive Feature :D, Professional skill(bow chika wow wow), Hunted(Really jealous husband), or even Social limitation(mechanical marital aid).

Good examples of this would be the movies AI, BladeRunner, the original Bubblegun Crisis, and maybe even the horrible sci fi movies Galaxina.

"harleeeeeeyyy Davidson, God protect us" :D

Keith "No one seems to be thinking Fembots" Curtis

Who's not thinking about fembots?

Are we talking "anatomically correct" or "fully functional?"

The following writeup is anatomically correct but politically incorrect.

And may be incorrect in other ways depending on how it formats....

Character: Fembot Model 2803

Characteristics

Value Char Points

15 STR 5

13 DEX 9

13 CON 6

8 BOD -4

20 INT 10

- EGO 0

18 PRE 8

20 COM 5

4 PD 1

4 ED 1

3 SPD 6

8 REC 4

20 END -3

23 STUN 0

5†Run -2

Total-> 46

Skills

Skill Cost Roll

Scholar “I learn quickly†3

Jill of All Trades “I learn quickly†3

Acrobatics “I am skilled and graceful†3 12

Acting “I can be anything you want me to be†3 13

Disguise “I am clever with makeup and costumes†1 8

Mimicry “I can be anything you want me to be†1 8

Contortionist “I can hold any position you choose†3 12

Conversation “You are so fascinating, please tell me more!†3 13

Seduction 3 13

KS: Carnal Knowledge (intellect) 2 13

PS: Dancer (agility) 2 12

PS: Singer (interaction) 2 13

PS: Concubine(interaction) 2 13

PS: Massage (intellect) 2 13

PS: Cook (intellect) 2 13

PS: Maid (intellect) 2 13

KS: Owner (intellect) 2 13

1 Language 3

Literacy 1

+ 1 Overall Level 10

Read Master AKA Analyze Desires: An Analyze skill for “sizing up†a man’s preferences (general, long-term desires) and moods (what he feels like right now) 3 13

Cramming X2 “I learn quickly†10

Insert Row

Total Points for Skills: 66

Talents, Powers, etc.

Talent /Power Description Cost End/Roll

Double Jointed 4

“I move gracefully and beautifully in chains†Environmental movement, +3 vs. penalties for being bound 4

“I have high pain tolerance†Damage Resistance (3)

Can’t stop first 1 Pt of BOD of a killing attack (- ½) 2

“I come when called†+1†Run (2) Only if called (-1) 1

“I hear and obey†+2 Hearing perception 2

“I follow instructions†Eidetic Memory (5)

Only to recall orders (-1) 2

“I am a tireless worker†Sleep 8 hrs/week

(about 1 hr out of 24) 1

Holding Breath Extended Breathing 1 1/Turn

Metabolic Control Simulate Death 3 =<9

Musically Inclined Perfect Pitch 3

Total 28

Customization: 15 points unspent

Disads

Disadvantage Rolls Points

Distinctive Features: Beautiful, seductive. Concealable 10

Distinctive Features: Serial Number.

Easily concealed, major reaction 10

Social Limitation: Fembot 20

Watched by Master <=14 20

“I exist to serve†Dependence on Master / Programmed self-destruction. For each day forcibly separated from Master and/or prevented from actively rendering service, fembot takes 3d6 damage, and suffers incompetence and weakness as per Dependence. 15

Fembot Model 2803 is built on 75 points plus 75 points of disadvantages, suitable for a standard heroic game. 15 points are left unspent for optional customization and/or skills not yet learned. Available for sale (150 pt follower for 30 pts) or lease (Summon 150 pt Fembot 30 pts, (+1 advantage for slavishly devoted 60 pts,) delivery to reasonable locations only (-1/2 limit “must inhabit localeâ€) allow 4 to 6 weeks for delivery (-5 limit extra time) Check out our special rates for matched sets and harems with Teamwork skill! (each 5 pts doubles the number for either Follower or Summon)

Lucius Alexander

Only from Palindromedary Enterprises

Cherry 2000....

On a more serious note ... if this is a game world where Androids are common and considered Sentient, or just starting to be considered so, it could be important. If part of the Game's goal is to question what is and is not human or How Human Am I? as a philisophical point then I think it might want to be modeled beyond mere SFX.

If the androids basis of comparison is the Human Body then the ones which most closely resemble that (QAC Andriods) might consider themselves human.

Or if they're being used to infiltrate human enclaves (say, a Terminator style Machine vs Man Game) then being QAC would be an advantage in doing that.

I can think of several ideas where this might come up and not involve actual sex (in game at least) but the idea of "How close to human can you get without being human" or "How far can one go from being physically human and style retain humanity" if full conversion is possible (Ghost In The Shell, Motoko Kusanagi was a full conversion who couldn't have sex).

(Ghost In The Shell, Motoko Kusanagi was a full conversion who couldn't have sex)

Really? I seem to recall some scenes from the Japanese version of the manga which depicted Major Kusanagi er, enjoying physical pleasures. Also, there is a scene in Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex which implies that she had sex with one or two other girls.

I don't recall any explicit statement that she couldn't have sex, and I've seen evidence suggesting that she can. Is there something that I missed?

Zeropoint

Really? I seem to recall some scenes from the Japanese version of the manga which depicted Major Kusanagi er, enjoying physical pleasures. Also, there is a scene in Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex which implies that she had sex with one or two other girls.

I don't recall any explicit statement that she couldn't have sex, and I've seen evidence suggesting that she can. Is there something that I missed?

Zeropoint

I was pretty sure, it's been a while since I've seen it, that the first movie (I haven't seen Stand Alone Complex) had a conversation which seemed to imply that pretty strongly. I could be completely off base though, it has been a long time since I've seen GitS.

On a more serious note ... if this is a game world where Androids are common and considered Sentient' date=' or just starting to be considered so, it could be important. If part of the Game's goal is to question what is and is not human or How Human Am I? as a philisophical point then I think it might want to be modeled beyond mere SFX.[/quote']This is a decent question.

Some androids (and even some computers not in an android body) have personality software advanced enough to be considered artificial sapience, and others don't. Even for those that do, sex isn't an emotional issue for QACs -- they don't reproduce, so they don't experience the same emotions regarding sex that we do. They may seek it out as a way to be of service to their owners, or to bring out the emotional intimacy that it brings in humans, but that's a secondary effect.

There is something of a "How Human am I?" question for the sapient androids. The world stems from a play I've recently finished writing, "Androids Don't Cry," where the central character, herself an android, gets a "body upgrade" about halfway through with the intent of "helping" her recently-widowed owner. (It doesn't work, since he regards her more as a daughter than a potential lover.) Much of the android's personal issue throughout the story is a desire to be a "social equal" to her organic friends, alongside which is the recurring question "Do I have a soul?" This dual question fuels much of the inner and public debate, and gives some of the above motivation for sapient QAC androids.

To answer some other issues brought up...

Yes, there are both male and female QAC 'bots, though considerably more of the latter than the former. (I hope I don't have to explain why. ;))

Lucius' write-up of a fembot is pretty decent. I've built something similar called a Concubot.

And the consensus of a one-point Perk for an Automaton or 5-point Physical Limitation for a regular character does make sense to me. (The next question is... if the character has EGO but no STUN, which type of character sheet should I use?)

(The next question is... if the character has EGO but no STUN' date=' which type of character sheet should I use?)[/quote']

Make a new one ... no reason not to.

Standard Automaton (Normal Automaton Rules)

Sapient Automaton (Above + EGO Stat)

Normal Human (Normal Rules)

I think the setting could call for a third template.

On the other hand, body types can be upgraded (can humans become full conversion, essentially becoming a Sapient Automaton?) so you'd need a way to model that, of course you could just switch templates since upgrades are most likely major events in the characters life (similar to a Radiation Accident).

Or could you allow "Does Not Take STUN" on Sapient Automatons and otherwise use the Standard Character Sheet for them and the Automaton CS for NACs.