Pulparize It!

Blue

Re: Pulparize It!

Ft. Leavenworth.

Make them Marines... although I'm not sure you're going to get a period version of Mr. T.

Thanks for the suggestion of making them Marines. That would be my preference but I had left it unspecified so that the GM could choose themself.

:)

I dunno - an ex prize winning boxer might do.

But I'm not sure he's going to be black.

Why not? I think he'd be there... even though he might get treated a lot like Tonto... :D

"Hey, B.A., drive into town and warn the bad guys we're coming."

"Won't that get him beat up?"

"Yeah, but that's part of the plan."

:D

Jak

But I'm not sure he's going to be black.
Sure he would -- or at least he could. Maybe not as part of the original military unit (since the military was still segregated in those days), and certainly not with the Mandinka haircut (that'd get him creamed even among other blacks), but just being black is doable.

Another additional thought for the A-Team.

Just what was the crime they supposedly commited? IIRC they were supposed to have robbed the Bank of Hanoi. But its been awhile and I could be wrong. It was always curious to me that they didn't try and find out who actually did the job.

This is something that a GM might want to consider when prepping for the start of play.

The creative juices are flowing so here's another possibility.

The Equalizer

The Equalizer (Robert McCall) is a former agent of a shadowy, unnamed government agency, who is trying to make up for the unspoken sins of his past. His atonement comes in the form of an advertisement in the New York Yellow Pages that features the above quote. McCall uses his finely honed skills, and occasionally, the agents and resources from his old agency, to combat the injustices perpetrated against those who can't seek protection from the law.

In many ways the Equalizer is like the Shadow. Both are out to right wrongs and fight injustice. Both have agents they use in this fight. Of course, the shadow has the strange eastern arts. The Equalizer just has wits.

Not really a lot to have to change as I see it to set this up. Bootleggers instead of drug dealers, corrupt politicians are corrupt politicians, etc.

Another additional thought for the A-Team.

Just what was the crime they supposedly commited? IIRC they were supposed to have robbed the Bank of Hanoi. But its been awhile and I could be wrong. It was always curious to me that they didn't try and find out who actually did the job.

Actually I'm pretty sure a few episodes DID focus on them trying to prove thier innocence. As I recall they did actually rob the Bank of Hanoi but they did it under orders, presumably beliving that they were keeping the cash out of Communist hands. The problem was, that nobody could find the orders the team had allegedly been given or even the person that had given them. Thus they were arrested.

I don't recall who did the frame job, but I do know that they went back to Vietnam in a two parter in order to find the person in question, or somebody who could prove thier innocence or something.

Actually I'm pretty sure a few episodes DID focus on them trying to prove thier innocence. As I recall they did actually rob the Bank of Hanoi but they did it under orders, presumably beliving that they were keeping the cash out of Communist hands. The problem was, that nobody could find the orders the team had allegedly been given or even the person that had given them. Thus they were arrested.

I don't recall who did the frame job, but I do know that they went back to Vietnam in a two parter in order to find the person in question, or somebody who could prove thier innocence or something.

Thanks for the info. Its trouble enough trying to remember the plots of current shows one follows let alone one from the eighties.

:straight:

Thanks for the info. Its trouble enough trying to remember the plots of current shows one follows let alone one from the eighties.

:straight:

I belive the implication was that the A-Team was too busy running from the MP's to delve too much into the mystery of who framed them. That's just my hypothesis on the matter however.

I belive the implication was that the A-Team was too busy running from the MP's to delve too much into the mystery of who framed them. That's just my hypothesis on the matter however.

That makes sense. A GM deciding on using a setting either in the original eighties era or the pulp era, would want to keep what caused the team to be on the run in mind for either plot situations or just background.

A couple quick pulparizations:

Lassie: There's much more than spiders down the well or in the abandoned mine or swimming in the lake by Timmy's house. Lassie the Wonder Dog and Timmy the Kid Sleuth will put an end to the plots of Dennis the Menace and the Dispicable Mr. Wilson. Ha! I crossed shows! :ugly:

Back to the Future: Doc Brown's invention worked a little too well. The Future Car tore an awful hole in time and space. Now Marty and Doc have to work hard to fix the time distortions, and keep things from the future and the past from floating in and out of "the present". Oh my God! It's the Libians! I can't believe they found me. Run, Marty!

Star Trek: The 7th Sea, the final frontier. These are the voyages of the United States Submarine Enterprise. It's never ending misssion, to explore fully this world of the undersea. To boldly go where no man has gone before. Mr. Spock, there's things down there, down in that deep blue sea. Things man wasn't meant to see. Men are going to build their new world down here. And we have to be ready for them.

Jak

Match lights fuse.

Fuse burns until there is an explosion.

CBS-Milogo.jpg

Good morning, Mister Phelps. There is a (mad Scientist, agents of a hostile foreign government, agents of a hostile organization not affiliated with a government (GM Picks) whose ambitions and goals are detrimental to our why of life. Your mission, should you decide to accept it, stop (see above pick) before their plot comes to fruition. As always, should you or any of your I. M Force be caught or killed, the Secretary will disavow any knowledge of your actions. This discussion board message will self destruct in five seconds

four

three

two

one

"The Avengers". John Steed's grandfather (also named John) teams with a different generation's Cathy Gale to keep Great Britain safe from Bolsheviks' date=' Nazis and evil scientists ![/quote']

Not Gale, please!

Emma Peel's grandmother, also named Emma (though the last name must be different, obviously).

Not Gale' date=' [i']please[/i]!

Emma Peel's grandmother, also named Emma (though the last name must be different, obviously).

Maybe we could fuse it with another action show from this side of the Atlantic, about a decade later: Charles Steed teams up with three beautiful female private detectives....

Nah. :D

Blackadder

Sir Blackadder, known to his operatives as "E" is a division chief (or whatever the proper title is) in British Intelligence. A cynical, ambitious man, he'll stoop to any perfidy to battle England's enemies (especially those annoying Yanks) and secure his promotion to head of Intelligence. His most loyal and least competent agent is Number Zero Zero Zero, James Baldric. In the end, he is successful in destroying the Fascist conspiracy that was poised to deliver Britain to German domination, but only at the cost of his own (and just about everyone else in the series) accidental death.

Blackadder

Sir Blackadder, known to his operatives as "E" is a division chief (or whatever the proper title is) in British Intelligence. A cynical, ambitious man, he'll stoop to any perfidy to battle England's enemies (especially those annoying Yanks) and secure his promotion to head of Intelligence. His most loyal and least competent agent is Number Zero Zero Zero, James Baldric. In the end, he is successful in destroying the Fascist conspiracy that was poised to deliver Britain to German domination, but only at the cost of his own (and just about everyone else in the series) accidental death.

Aww... I liked the part where he ended up king.

What you got against Cathy Gale boy ? The original "Avengers Girl" deserves some recognition !:P

What do I have against Gale, and the actress Honor Blackman? In increasing order:

Second-rate looks

Second-rate acting

No "chemistry" with Patrick Macnee

A boring, predictable, dull character with no spark, no fire and (worst of all, in comparison to Emma Peel) not a miscievous, wry, cool, elegant bone in her body. Though of course the character problems are not Ms Blackman's fault.

Though I'll grant you she was better than Tara King, as played by the terrible Linda Thorson, who was capable of only two expressions: wide-eyed astonishment and wide-eyed curiousity.

Star Trek: The 7th Sea' date=' the final frontier. These are the voyages of the United States Submarine Enterprise. It's never ending misssion, to explore fully this world of the undersea. To boldly go where no man has gone before. Mr. Spock, there's things down there, down in that deep blue sea. Things man wasn't meant to see. Men are going to build their new world down here. And we have to be ready for them.[/quote']

The series Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea has a lot of pulp elements to it, and I was reminded of it by this post. :D

Reiko the Zombie Shop

Supernatural adventure, obviously. Any person born with the Summoner's Mark on their palm can call a "zombie", one of the reanimated dead, to fight for them. The more powerful the summoner, the better the zombie they can get. But Reiko is a step beyond, able to bring any dead body back to life temporarily, even if she can't necessarily control what they do afterwards. Unfortunately, the mysterious Master has the same powers, and is planning to create a zombie army in preparation for the premature return of Takofanes. Can Reiko and her allies stop this, and what secret connection do Reiko and the Master have?

Mostly mentioning this one because of my favorite line in Volume Two, "But, Satan, I said please!"

What do I have against Gale, and the actress Honor Blackman? In increasing order:

Second-rate looks

Second-rate acting

No "chemistry" with Patrick Macnee

A boring, predictable, dull character with no spark, no fire and (worst of all, in comparison to Emma Peel) not a miscievous, wry, cool, elegant bone in her body. Though of course the character problems are not Ms Blackman's fault.

Though I'll grant you she was better than Tara King, as played by the terrible Linda Thorson, who was capable of only two expressions: wide-eyed astonishment and wide-eyed curiousity.

Well you are entitled to ypur opinion of course but I can't agree. "Second-rate looks" Perhaps not classicly beautiful but certainly not "second rate". "Second-rate acting"- No way Jose ! Cathy's inclusion, and Honor's acting is what made the series a success ! "Nochemistry with Patrick Macnee" Yes she had, just a different kind of chemistry. Much more adversarial, which was almost unknown in T V sidelicks at the time ! I applaud the fact that Dianna Rigg did not attempt to copy Honor Blackman in looks or style ( at least after she got out of the leather outfits) and created a whole, different character for the fans to enjoy. I know that many people (possibly most) prefer the Emma Peel episodes and I like them too but I also enjoy the older Cathy Gale episodes as well ! Like you I was somwhat underwhelmed by Tara King but, despite some of the awful outfits they made her wear I LOVED Joanna Lumley as Purdey !

Miami Vice: Prohibition-era police in sunny Miami' date=' the city of palm trees, beautiful women, speedboats, fast cars, smugglers, hustlers, Mafia hoods, dollars and death. James 'Sonny' Crockett: a seasoned hardcore veteran of the rough-and-tumble Vice Squad. Ricardo 'Rico' Tubbs: a hip, black, brassy New York street cop, who rolls into Miami packing only his wits, a suitcase full of counterfeit cash, and a sawed-off shotgun. Crockett and Tubbs are on a collision course, and someone's going to get burned. We find out about his family, his cover, his alligator Elvis, and his beloved car.[/quote']

Y'know this one has a lot of merit. I don't really see a black detective being likely in the era but it would be a lot of fun to cast PCs from diametrically opposed ethnic backgrounds - WASP, Irish, Jewish, Italian, Polish... :eg: