Pulparize It!

Blue

Re: Pulparize It!

The Tundra is a Harsh Mistress: "Populist" Huey Long won the 1936 Presidential Election' date=' and has managed to impose a uniquely American -- and uniquely ivicious -- form of facism on the country. The Terriroty of Alaska has been transformed into a penal colony, with criminals and dissidents alike sent to the northwern wastes to never be heard from again. But the Kingfish has made a fatal mistake: among those he has sent north are gifted sceitnists and technicians. with their aid, the prisoners of Alaska are going to save America from itself -- or destroy it in the attempt....[/quote']

Wye Knot? :D

Minor problem: How would you work "Adam" the Babbage Machine?

Midas

Gilligan's Island in the Sky a small group of adventurers are brought together to investage a large floating island, during the landing the airship is damaged and the team are trapped on the floating island. As the seven adventurers watch the clouds surround the island and when they part all they can see is stars.

Gilligan's Island in the Sky a small group of adventurers are brought together to investage a large floating island' date=' during the landing the airship is damaged and the team are trapped on the floating island. As the seven adventurers watch the clouds surround the island and when they part all they can see is stars.[/quote']

I think this was called Star Trek: Voyager.

JG

I think this was called Star Trek: Voyager.

JG

not a bad idea...

PT 74656 patrols the waters of Indonesia in 1943 when it gets caught in a whirlpool and gets flushed into a mysterious inner world. They cruise its mysterious seas trying to find a way back to the fight.

Maybe it would be better as a sub...

not a bad idea...

PT 74656 patrols the waters of Indonesia in 1943 when it gets caught in a whirlpool and gets flushed into a mysterious inner world. They cruise its mysterious seas trying to find a way back to the fight.

Heh... this is also known as Hollow Earth Expedition.

not a bad idea...

Add an eartquake. Then it's Land of the Lost. (You have to have Sleestaks!)

And Zeppelins-- they have to have Zeppelins.

How do you think the PCs will have arrived? Zeppelin trip to the Amazon! Pity the travel route took them through the Bermuda Triangle....

(Don't worry, the Germans have a Zeppelin too!)

How do you think the PCs will have arrived? Zeppelin trip to the Amazon! Pity the travel route took them through the Bermuda Triangle....

:)

In the Pulp Supers game I'm running-- the main villain for the first few sessions has a Zeppelin which carries Martian Battle Tripods.

Gotta love pulp technology.

:)

In the Pulp Supers game I'm running-- the main villain for the first few sessions has a Zeppelin which carries Martian Battle Tripods.

Gotta love pulp technology.

Man... now I want to play in an over-the-top Pulp game.

Heh... this is also known as Hollow Earth Expedition.

Add an eartquake. Then it's Land of the Lost. (You have to have Sleestaks!)

jeez so you guys are sayin that someone lacks creativity... ain't me... I just retooled Voyager.... hey wait, that wasn't an incredibly creative show to begin with. Hell I would have described my post as PT 109 with dinosaurs... ya know, that ain't half bad either. What REALY happened to John F. Kennedy in the south pacific? What type of magic did he learn in hollow earth that helped him become president? ... or Shtoop Marilyn Monroe for that matter. Was it Saurian agents that assassinated him? That would explain the magic bullet.

The Love Zeppelin

The ongoing stories of the lovable an humourous crew of Der Hindenburg and the passengers they carry who find love and friendship in the skies

I don't know if you could get the name past the censors.

"Hey baby, wanna see my Love Zeppelin?"

:rofl:

The PC's in my Lost Worlds campaign were swept off Earth through another geometrically shaped oddity the New Jersey Parallelogram. :)

So I definately have to think about adding Nazis with a Zeppelin.

The Metford Files.

Tough private eye Lee Metford investigates bizarre mysteries and strange crimes on the Indian frontiers of the British Empire. With his Pathan driver, Webley, a trained martial artist and ex-Thugee cultist, they travel the border towns on public transport and mule trains. Keeping the Empire safe, fighting off Afghan tribes, thwarting Imperial Russian provocateurs and putting down mutinies, Lee Metford is the man to turn to when things go bad.

Co-staring Verne Troyer as Young Ghandi

"Poppins? Poppins, hmmm. Yeah, I remember the broad. What a piece of work she was. Had this English Nanny scam down by the Park. Used to get taken on to look after rich folks kids. Really she was casing the joint see? Then she and Benny the Moose would rip the place off. Made a mint!"

"Hmm? Benny? He was a low life hood, did a few stints on the Island, last was 3 to 5 for a bank heist, he was the driver. I caught him illegally parked while waiting for the goons to leave the bank. I tell you, his career, since he left the Poppins Dame, has all been down hill! I got a commendation for that one as well."

"Poppins? Mary was her name. Liked to call herself Marie. Came from down in the Kitchen. Her Ma was a street hooker for Blue Lou Marino. She was on her way when Father Marco, you remember him? Used to run the little league out of the Y? Well the Father didn't want her to go the bad eh? So he got her a small job looking after the kids at Sunday school. She took to it like a fish to water… not the bay’s water though eh? Anyway. She went Saint Mary’s over on 12th, got good grades, everything going fine, then she met this guy, what was his name… Bert! That was it. Bert something. Ran a chimney sweeping business.”

“What? Oh yeah, we had lots of chimneys then, not so many now, but his clients were the rich out on nob hill. Huge fireplaces, easy for a man to climb down. So he was doing small time snatches while cleaning chimneys. But what he needed was to get somebody on the inside. Somebody who could tell him where the best stuff was right?”

“Yeah, so that’s where little Mary comes in. She fakes a resume and gets hired by this rich family, The Banks… George and… I forget her. Anyway George banks was big in Mutual Fidelity. Had a bunch of cash always lying around in his draw and he through big parties. So Mary and Bert used this as their way into high society. They ripped off the Bank’s for about $97,000. She left soon after, saying she had a calling to some other set of kids.”

“Oh sure, the kids saw the entire robbery. But it seems that they’d been sneaking their Ma’s Laudanum. So they weren’t exactly credible you know? Anyway, she moved on to the next family. She and Bert were okay for about 5 years. Then a heist went sour. Home of some Dent guy. Hang on, I’ve got an old note book here…”

“Oh yeah, I keep all of them. Okay here it is, Home of Lester Dent. Seems he was playing poker with some old pals… Lamont Cranston, Kit Walker, Richard Wentworth and a Jethro Dumont, newly arrived from somewhere in Asia. Anyway, it seems Bert came down the chimney and walked straight into a group of men who all packed guns. Well, he didn’t make it and poor Mary went to the slammer for 5 years. That was the beginning of it all.”

“Okay, well, I glad I’ve helped you. Us old timers don’t get many visitors you know. If you need more, drop by any time!”

Hero at Large

Steve Nichols is a poor struggling actor trying to eke out a living in Depression era New York. He gets job promoting a new movie serial charcter called the Dark Phantom. While in his costume he foils a robbery at the corner grocery store and it makes radio news. Soon everyone is talking about the real life pulp hero and waiting to hear what he does next. And in the offices the Mayor's city council a certain opportunistic PR Man is also interested.

• 4 weeks later...

'24'

The Characters work for C.T.U: The Critical Threat Unit. Formed by Presidential Aide Jack Bauer not long after the US declared war upon Germany, CTU has offices in every state. The characters work for their homestate and do what they can to stop the Nazi threat...

The Shield

The Characters belong to the Strike Team. Their methods are brutal, but efficient. They'll do whatever it takes to show their city that the police rule the streets.

Sounds like The Untouchables.

The Great Muppet Caper

When two reporters (who happen to be identical twins) let the story of Lady Holladay's stolen jewels to slip under their noses, they travel to England with their wacky photographer to uncover who stole them and why. During their investigation, Lady Holladay's martial arts using female bodyguard is framed for the theft. The reporters believe she is innocent, and, with her help, they lay a trap for the real criminal when he plots to rob the rest of Lady Holldaday's jewel collection.

Ed