WWYCD?: You Shall Be Mine, My Love...

Marcus Impudite

Just in time for Valentine's day, sort of.

A female member of your team (PC or NPC, whichever would be more appropriate) has caught the eye of a villain you regularly cross paths with. Said villain has developed an obsessive attraction to her on par with what Prince Lotor had for Princess Allura in the Voltron series, and though his obsession with her has on occasion been turned to the team's advantage (including a couple of instances in which he's undercut another villain to save her from mortal peril), most of the time it is (at best) creepy and annoying. He shows no signs of ever giving up, no matter how many times she's rejected him in no uncertain terms. WWYCD?

Re: WWYCD?: You Shall Be Mine, My Love...

All Characters Except Snow Leopard: Treat the stalker as she would any other perp. Let the object of his obsesion know "We'll follow your lead on this. You want us to intervein, we will. You want us to let you handle it yourself, we'll back off. You want us to listen as you vent, we're here."

Snow Leopard: If she is not the stalkee, same as above. If she is, contact her Stalker. "Now let me get one thing straight. I want children. Period. My biological clock is ticking. OK, I'm probably going to live to 200, so not as loudly as other women's biological clocks, but I have enhanced hearing, it's loud to me. So the first thing I'm going to need is a doctor's report saying that you are able to be my babies' daddy. If it says also that you have an enhanced life expectancy, so much the better. Then you get to meet my parents. You did know that after we get married Wolverine is going to be you father-in-law? If my parents approve, then I'm going to ask for a little gesture of your devotion, something I like to call the tests of body, mind, and spirit. Hello? Hello? Oh No You Did Not just hang up on a Black Woman with enhanced hearing!"

Presuming that he is (1) male, (2) human or mutant (3) has at least one pip of longevity (4) is fertile and probably crossfertile with her and (5) still wants her after a quiet family dinner with Logan and Ororno, she will come up with the test of Body and Mind based on the character. The test of Spirit will be the invoking of Venerable Comic Book Cliche #16, "Any suffiently popular villian will reform and get their own title." To win her heart, or other relivant parts of her anatomy, her stalker has to become A Good Guy.

If he fails to make the cut, "I'm sorry, you seem like a nice enough guy, maybe we could have been together in a different world. But right now I am looking for my babies' Daddy, and you are standing between me and him, whoever he is."

Anthem would arrange to speak to him in private. She'd try all the cliche's: We're from two different worlds...You're a villain, I'm a hero; I could never love someone who wasn't fully committed to justice.

I then predict the inevitable turn of events where he tries to be a hero for a while. And upon failing that and going evil again, resigns himself to unrequited love, and eventually slides back into his more lecherous, heavy handed persuit of her.

Soulbarb doesn't regularily cross paths with any villain. She's Bronze-Iron enough that dangerous villains which escape prison once would likely not get a chance to do so a second time, if they re-offended. Anyone that did try to stalk her in this way would be in for a world of hurt. She's very jealous of her privacy.

Cerulean isn't the one on his team who would fly off the handle if a female teammate/DNPC started getting the stalker treatment. He'd let the woman decide how she wanted to handle things, and support her choice. His teammate Blitz might decide to take a more active role, however.

Aviary probably wouldn't have to deal with this at all. She lives in a police state where everyone is constantly monitored. (Benevolent dictatorship; think Latveria only where Doom is mostly a good guy.) Anyone who tried to pull this kind of crap would get taken away PDQ.

The Greek, if it were her with the unwanted advances, would approach her stalker, explain the reasons for her chastity, explain her criterion in potential partners (a strictly-adhered honor code being one of them; the adherence to her chastity being another), then ask him to get back to her in a week as to whether he still felt the same way, and if he could measure up to her standards. If, after a week, he decided he still felt the same way, she would ask for some gesture to show he was truly reformed, then go along with it so long as he behaved himself. If, at any point, he proved himself a liar, she'd kill him. Literally.

If it were a female teammate being hit on, she would express confusion as to her teammates' reluctance of being with a male who wants her (she comes from a very different time period, after all), and question her teammate until she understood. Then she would advise her teammate to follow the above steps.

Beacon certainly wouldn't be the object of anyone's affections, so her reaction would be to a villain's advances on a team member. She'd badger the villain with questions about why he'd feel this way about someone he doesn't agree with, to the point of severe distraction. Being a mentalist, she WOULD get her answers. Likely she'd eventually scare him off without ever realizing the effect of her questioning.

Mask of Justice: Support his teammate in keeping the stalker well away from her whenever possible. It is quite likely that he would use his reporter ID to cause extra problems for the villain, such as bringing his crimes back to memory in the press when the parole hearing comes up.

Kira Midori: If it's another woman, support her and be a good friend. If it's herself, the application of Ego Attacks may be called for. Not that it ever works, but she'd get a restraining order too.

Talion: She-Cat would never turn down the chance to have sex with a supervillain, so it does not apply. If it's the Botanist, Talion would leave it up to her extremely jealous (and weather-controlling) boyfriend to deal with.

Lady Silver has been dealing with this problem ever since catching the eye of the bear-like dimensional lord Skarn (from the new lnie of mystic books). It's semi-stalemated right now with her agreement to be courted by him. It was either that or risk an interdimensional war. Fortunately, Skarn is easily distracted with other stuff so the courting is only ocassional. Also, she made him agree to him neither kill her enemies nor conquer in her name.

One fun little scene that Skarn helped to set up by misdirecting the a dimensional gate spell:

*the Silver Knights are being pushed back by a horde of fanged, slavering demons. Behind them, a fiery pits gapes open from which massive, gnarled hands claw at our heroes. Above the battlefield, hovers Skarn:

"Agree to be my latest wife Lady Silver and I will save you and your team from these demonic hordes. Refuse, and you will face an eternity of taloned agony in the inferno!"

*the battle continues*

Skarn rumbled, "your answer, milday?"

Lady Silver: "I'm thinking it over!"

Speed Demon: "Just say yes! He's rich, powerful, and probably hung like a -"

Lady Silver: "SHUT UP!"

The only female member of Dr. Anomaly's team is the woman with whom he's recently realized he's in love...so this would not go over well. Still, he'd be restrained about it, and offer his help if Kathleen wanted it. While Kathleen herself probably wouldn't deal with it well, a number of her alter egos (she's a multiformer) would probably take care of the problem. Most of her forms are avatars of the Egyptian gods, and I'd imagine it would go something like this:

Ra: "No means no, low one. Allow me to demonstrate Ra's displeasure at your unwanted actions!" (followed by a bolt of solar-core energy)

Set: "So you like to pursue someone who tells you that you are not wanted, do you? So be it! You shall now be pursued by me. You will wake to find me beside your bed, sharpening my blade; you shall look up from a meal in a public place to find me smiling at you. I will haunt your waking hours, turn your dreams into nightmares, and make the oblivion of sleep your greatest fear, for when you awake you will never know what you may find awaiting you. You will plead for my attentions to be turned elsewhere, but Set's ears, like your own, are deaf to such things."

Sehkmet: She probably wouldn't say anything, figuring that enough words have already been spoken. While she's aware that killing foes is frowned upon in this modern age, she'd likely conclude that nothing was ever said about maiming, and remove his male organs using her razor-like claws.

Hathor: She also likely wouldn't waste time on words; out of all of the forms, Hathor is probably the most dangerous in her own way, and the most likely to hand out a 'fitting' punishment. She'd probably transform herself into his absolute ultimate ideal woman, far above and beyond anyone or anything else could ever hope to attain, then bed him continuously until he was near death, and then leave him...and when he recovers, he'd be literally addicted to what he'd experienced in the arms of his ultimate ideal woman -- but she of course would have vanished forever, and he'd spend the rest of his life pining for her. Something like that would be Hathor's idea of a 'just' punishment.

(Several of these avatars aren't exactly 'nice' by modern standards, and tend to have a bit more of an 'eye for an eye' type of view of things. So far they've all controlled themselves to the point of not doing anything too drastic, but a situation like this could well be the exception.)

Tao: Being intially rather ignorant on the subject of relationships would see this as another tactical advantage to be exploited ruthlessly, such as using the villians attraction to lure him into traps, manipulate his team mates, etc. Any negative reaction such callous plans envoked would be pretty lost on her at his stage in her development. You have a weapon, why not use it?

Velocity: Would be majorly creeped out and try to be there for her friend, to vent and back her up if she want to put the loser away. The idea of using wouldn't cross her mind.

Shidoku would figure a few good beatings and lacerations ought to cool the guy's ardor off and he tried anything more than just being generally annoying the gloves come off and things get messy.

Shasta appears, most of the time, to be a lissome, captivating young woman with a subtly entrancing honeysuckle-like perfume. However, she is actually a motile, sapient form of plant life cultivated by Luther Burbank after the untimely death of his adoptive human daughter. Her pheromonal fragrance brings all the boys to the yard, but she's all show and no go. She would be unsurprised but unperturbed by the villain's infatuation.

Witch Hazel, unfortunately, has Psych Lim: Attracted To Bad Boys, Psych Lim: Thinks She Can Change People For the Better and Double Effect from Unluck in Personal Relationships. She would almost certainly fall for the villain, ensuring an all-around train wreck of a subplot.

And, since we live in a liberated era ;) , if a villainess were romantically stalking a male PC...

Orca is of mixed Human (specifically, Liberian)-Atlantean descent, and comes across as quite romantically conservative, as if he needed to prove that although he is a 'mongrel' he is not incapable of responsible sexual conduct. He also would not want to seem receptive to the advances of a 'loose' or aggressive woman. He would deflect her advances with verbal scorn, impugning her morals and refusing to acknowledge that he feels any attraction to her.

Sun Walker is a professional singer, guitarist and salsa dancer with a high PRE and COM. He is not unfamiliar with female attention, and has been known to engage in Antonio-Banderas-style 'battle flirting' with villainesses. He might feign interest in a female evildoer in order to escape/defeat her, but he is not presently interested in a long-term, committed relationship and is too noble to pretend otherwise merely to have a fling with someone. A sane, adult, relatively non-evil villainess (such as someone from GRAB) who tried to strike up a casual relationship might succeed, but an obviously unbalanced would-be soulmate would be kept at arm's length.

Renegade, for reasons which he chooses not to discuss, finds the villainesses of this dimension to be underwhelming.

Falcon: If she were the target ... well, her secret ID has been the target of enough guys who figure marrying her will put them on Easy Street (15 points Weath, and IIRC prenups weren't common during the 1940's) that she would probably assume this was more of the same. The more he shows up, the more she'd scrounge around for reasons to keep the idiot behind bars -- she wouldn't manipulate the legal system, but the prosecutor's office might find themselves getting extra funding.

If one of her teammates was the target ... she would be sorely tempted to tell Cat that if she's going to dress that way* she's going to attract the wrong sort of attention from men. She probably wouldn't follow up on it, given that Cat is STR 40 versus Falcon's STR 10, but she would be tempted. If the stalker was going after Madame Mystique, it's a tossup whether she'd be trying to calm down MM or MM's overly-protective grandmother ;) . Either teammate, she'd be supportive and let them decide what constitutes support.

Arcana: There is no way she would handle a situation like this smoothly if she were the target. She doesn't have a lot of experience with romance, and most of it has been blind dates set up by her relatives that never went past date 1. She would take the Mask of Justice up on keeping the guy away from her, until she could come up with a way to keep him away herself.

If the other female in the group was targetted, she'd offer whatever help was wanted. If one of the guys was targetted by a female villainess, she'd probably stay out of it unless she was asked for help/advice -- she would assume that a male could cope with this situation.

-----

*Ever see the Phantom Lady? http://www.paratime.ca/v_and_v/phantomlady.html . Take the first picture on this page, ditch the cape, and go strapless (filling in a bit of the cleavage with the fabric saved by removing the straps. That's basically Cat's crimefighting outfit.

Guest HeroPink!

Just in time for Valentine's day, sort of.

A female member of your team (PC or NPC, whichever would be more appropriate) has caught the eye of a villain you regularly cross paths with. Said villain has developed an obsessive attraction to her on par with what Prince Lotor had for Princess Allura in the Voltron series, and though his obsession with her has on occasion been turned to the team's advantage (including a couple of instances in which he's undercut another villain to save her from mortal peril), most of the time it is (at best) creepy and annoying. He shows no signs of ever giving up, no matter how many times she's rejected him in no uncertain terms. WWYCD?

Glarg: Would do what he's told

Panweesio: Like Dr. A's Hathor, but with Mental Ill. Make baddy think he's got her, hyper-ultra-perfect sex, addicted to it, with addition the fake she mocks his sexual abilities. Preferably, this is done in the middle of a fight, so baddy can't defend himself.

Thena: "Humans are so strange about sex!" If target, would f**k him and leave him. If teammate a target, try to help her; might do wrong thing as doesn't fully understand humans.

Lana van Hoom: "Alright, I've had enough with the superhero way of doing things. Time to do this RIGHT!" As the 17th riches person in the world, can hire PI(s) that will get the goods on baddy, and she'll make sure he's put away for a long, long time. Goes double if she's the target.

• 7 months later...

Microman II: Two candidates here, Starguard and Princess Cyrande. Starguard, well, as creepy as your saying, Microman wouldn't need to do anything, because Horus-Re would have already punched him in the face a couple times, hard. ( some things you don't do to Innocents ) Cyrande, OTOH, Microman might have to help protect the *stalker*, as anything sufficient to creep her out is likely to have her trying to vaporize him.

Diomedes: Honestly, other than keeping an eye out, there isn't much Diomedes needs to do. Nox is capable of handling herself pretty well. Worth watching, though, as its good odds the stalker is DEMON affiliated ( when we busted a DEMON operation, Nox hauled out a shadow/fear based PRE attack. . . and they started kneeling in awe and worship ).

Jack Frost: Scathach actually already has a creepy ex- a fae noble she used to be romantically involved with. Aside from the usual providing moral support, not alot Jack can do there. OTOH, things could get complicated as Jack Frost doesn't realize *he* is fae, too. . .

Hermes: Woah boy. "Creepy" can take on whole new meanings in a setting with the Einherjar ( think "Look upon my horrific grandeur in awe" ) and Grendel ( think "Rargaaahhhh!!!!" ) in it. Honestly, someone like that, Hermes and the rest of the team ( including Artemis ) would just kill the guy. For that matter, Telemachus, her current love interest, probably would, too.

Re: WWYCD?: Slight language warning at end....

C.A.T If she is target: would accept it as long as it stayed at flirting level. Beyound that Will take legal messures. If that did not work. use force.

C.A.T. If teammate is target: would be supportive and if villian is sane and non-lethal, See above.

CANVAS If she is target: Make the villian aquainted with all her tattoos.

CANVAS If teammate is target: Be suportive and give any help she will take.

DITTO If he is target: If she is sane and non lethal will accept her advances and flirtations. Learning all her powers and the powers of her firends and teammates.

DITTO If teammate is target: See if teammates wants him to try and reason with him.

DOVE If she is target: Run to teammates for help.

DOVE If teammate is target: Talk with her and go over all the after school specials she has seen that might help.

FELION If she is target: Would not mind if her is submisive and likes pain.

FELION If teammate is target: Ask if she wants her to take care of the problem or direct her to another teammate (She does not do support girl well)

SKIP A FEW

HARDBODY Either way: Walk up to villian and explain why her nickname was Peanut Butter. Not cause of a favorite food or anything like that. If a guy anoyed her she would turn his nuts to creamy smooth peanut butter.

SKIP THE REST FOR NOW

Beacon certainly wouldn't be the object of anyone's affections' date=' so her reaction would be to a villain's advances on a team member.[/quote']For those of us who know little or nothing of Beacon, please enlighten us as to why this is so.

The Swarmling has two female teammates and it's somewhat protective of both of them. It's response to any genuine distress caused by this villain on their part will be to simply try and kill the offensive entity. (Phys Lim: Alien Mindset, Psych Lim: Ambivalent Killer).

If the target of their affection was Serenity, then it would be especially violent and difficult to keep under control, with only Serenity herself actually being able to stop it with words. If the target was 3, then the poor sod would have to deal not only with the living embodiment of Kingdom City's Genius Loci, but also Vitus D'Rhazz ul Kashrak ur R'raschd! Commonly known here as Drhoz's character, Vitus.

For those of us who know little or nothing of Beacon' date=' please enlighten us as to why this is so.[/quote']

Beacon is a mentalist with Asperger's Syndrome. She was raised in a laboratory environment, and was shown vids of superheroes so that she'd be able to exploit their weaknesses. Instead, she wanted to be like these heroes. So when she escaped, she joined a superteam.

Beacon is quite happy to go about her daily routine unfettered by human interaction. She understands there's a need to interact with other people from time to time, and will work with her teammates whenever she can. But she can't interpret the subtle social signals that people put out, except by reading their minds. She's quite curious about these interactions, but views all social situations clinically. It's difficult enough forming a friendship with her; a romantic attraction would be EXHAUSTING for any person who wanted to try. That and she doesn't cultivate any traits which a stranger might find attractive; she comes across as self-absorbed, aloof, and, while not ugly, makes no effort to appear attractive.

He shows no signs of ever giving up' date=' no matter how many times she's rejected him in no uncertain terms. WWYCD?[/quote']

Kaja plays matchmaker.

He would privately approach the villain, and explain that, to become worthy of her love, a few personality tweaks would be useful; then, he would recommend a good therapist.

Beacon is quite happy to go about her daily routine unfettered by human interaction. She understands there's a need to interact with other people from time to time' date=' and will work with her teammates whenever she can. But she can't interpret the subtle social signals that people put out, except by reading their minds. She's quite curious about these interactions, but views all social situations clinically. It's difficult enough forming a friendship with her; a romantic attraction would be EXHAUSTING for any person who wanted to try. That and she doesn't cultivate any traits which a stranger might find attractive; she comes across as self-absorbed, aloof, and, while not ugly, makes no effort to appear attractive.[/quote']What if he likes a challenge? Likes her aloofness, and can see what she could look like, the beauty beneath?

What if he likes a challenge? Likes her aloofness' date=' and can see what she [u']could[/u] look like, the beauty beneath?

Ah. Then she'd be puzzled, but play along with it long enough to glean his motives and what he could possibly get out of such a thing, then give him a mental compulsion to go away when she got tired of the game.

Beacon isn't very sensitive to people's feelings. It's not that she's a bad person, she just doesn't understand why she should be.

It's not that she's a bad person' date=' she just doesn't understand why she should be.[/quote']

Partial sociopaths are trained by society to become good little (evil) minions. Real sociopaths wonder why they should care what society thinks they are.

edit: Not that I'm saying Beacon is a sociopath, just noting a similar indifference to society's expectations.