Genres HERO GAMES may want to avoid (intended to be humorous)

AdamLeisemann

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Genres HERO GAMES may want to avoid (intended to be humorous)

We have pants if we want em/

We can leave our pants behind/

Cuz your friends have pants, and if they wear pants/

then they're no friends of mine.

...Hero.

You have pants? WHAT'S THIS?

Safety Pants: Armor, 10PD/8ED, Activation Roll 8- in campaigns that don't use Hit location rules, only protects the legs and groin in those that do. "They're Safety Pants! They're Safety pants! They're Safety Pants!"

Malahelicon presents Bad Fanfic HERO: You're in your favorite fictional universe, as imagined by a teenage female non-native-speaker of whatever language she's writing in who thinks it would be really cool if every male in the series was gay except of when her Blatant Self-Insertion character shows up (who would even be maddeningly attractive to Liberace or Oscar Wilde).

Conspiracy Nut Hero:* PCs sit around all day dreaming up bizzare conspiracy theories, stringing together obscure, unrelated, unproven "facts" into lengthy (but rambling) "proofs" which are then posted to their own websites. XP awarded based on number of website hits and links from Wikidepia.

* Not to be confused with Weird Conspiracy Hero, which I'm actually looking forward to.

Soap Opera Hero season 29: Will Defernder discover his wife's affair with Valerius the Harper? Will Doctor Destroyer hit the Health Clud to prolong his life further? Can Seeker ever find fan support? Find out this, and more on Dice of our Lives.

Soap Opera Hero season 29: Will Defernder discover his wife's affair with Valerius the Harper? Will Doctor Destroyer hit the Health Clud to prolong his life further? Can Seeker ever find fan support? Find out this' date=' and more on [i']Dice of our Lives[/i].

What's the Health Clud? :confused:

:sneaky:

Synabarr HERO.

:sick: 'Nuff said.

Waiting for Godot Hero ("My character sits down and waits.")

Brave New World Hero ("Let's all go to the orgy!")

Dante's Inferno Hero ("AAGH! The Devil's chewing on me! I'm in pain! Make it stop! AAGH!")

Dante's Paradisio HERO (where everyone is so delieriously happy there's no reason for them to act)

So basically the same as Brave New World Hero, eh?

Actually I think one could run an interesting and unusual game in Dante's Inferno (sort of like what Niven and Pournelle did). Hell would be a giant fake created by aliens and peopled by genetic construct "demons" or something like that.

Genetic Contruct HERO: Your character is the result of some mad/bored/incompetant youngster fooling around with genetic material. At least half your character's Disads must be Physical Lims, and all related to misshapen &/or poorly working body parts.

Dr. Phil HERO

Dr. Zahi Hawass HERO. In case you've never heard of him, he's the Director of Antiquities in Egypt. He's a total media hog, coming out on almost every documentary made about ancient Egypt.